Reviews for The Shadow Has Passed
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
As I read this story, I found it moving and touching at the same time. I think, after reading this story, I have a somewhat better idea of how Sam reacts towards Frodo. You do a fine job keeping Sam in-character and, even though Frodo wasn't present, it almost seemed as if he was there anyway, in his typical in-character. I agree with a previous reviewer: there are a majority of people who cannot tell the difference between friendship and relationship. The bond between Frodo and Sam is friendship at its strongest form, which means there is love but its platonic. I'm sure there are many of us who don't have pure friendships, as Frodo and Sam have, but maybe there are those of us who wish they had friendships like theirs. I'm merely saying.

This is one of those stories that stays true to the friendship between Frodo and Sam. You sure had my mind finally convinced of that. So, thank you for this and I hope you keep writing.

-Aria Breuer
RenaissanceGrrl chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
I've sat down to review this and the words are almost as difficult to find as Sam found them in the story. I definitely liked it, I think it's a great piece, but how exactly to express what I thought was great about it, that's a different story.

I keep saying this to you, but you've really gotten inside his head here. It isn't just a story with Sam, it's a story BY Sam in its own way, you know?

Another thing I really appreciate-simply bacause it's so hard to find-is that you've got two male characters (well, okay, one, but in theory it's two) unashamedly expressing love without turning it into slash. A strong friendship is a strong friendship, and that's all there is to it, IMHO. It really bugs me when people don't get that.
Isis chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Aaawwww...Reminds me of how I cried at the end of "Return of the King"...Not the end of the Appendices, mind you, the end of the story part. Well, you know what I mean. Cute Frodo/Sam bit.
Skye12 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
I love your Sam and Frodo fics. They are so full of emotion, just the right heart, just the right sadness, and just the right joy.

~Skye~