Reviews for All the King's Horses
QueenNaberrie chapter 29 . 7/7/2014
Wow! I really loved this. :) I hope you did decide to write a sequel and will check your page to see if you did.

Alejandro was right. Diego needed more people who love him as Diego to know his secret so he isn't so alone.
mjf2468 chapter 22 . 5/27/2013
I love this story. At times I thought it unrealistic for Diego to push himself this hard, though. I thought once he had been captured it really flowed much better. I really like this chapter with the talk between Alejandro and Felipe. Very well-written and paced. Excellent job! Thanks again for sharing this story!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 29 . 4/26/2013
very nice
Asj Johnson chapter 29 . 3/29/2013
This story has been interesting. It's nice.
Deep Sorrow chapter 29 . 8/1/2012
What a lovely story! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your take on Diego and Alejandro's relationship was awesome. Thank you for sharing!
anka chapter 29 . 12/26/2011
you did an excellent job, Probeda! This story is really great. Your characters are almost real, I could feel their emotions, understand their reasoning, watch reality with their eyes. It was brilliant idea to present the plot from Felipe's point of view, too. This way the burden of responsibility you wanted to describe could be shown fully and without redundant pathos.

It's one of the best stories of this kind I've read.

(sorry for my english, I am not an english-native speaker)
Marcibrno chapter 29 . 9/11/2011
I just want to tell you I really enjoyed reading your story. I read it with no break, the whole thing at once that's how good it was. Thank you very much for writing it! You sure have a talent to keep the reader submearged completely in the story, interesting plot, little twists but maily keeping the characters real and true to what we've seen on FAm Zorro. I really enjoyed what you did with Diego and his feelings and flustration. There were few things a bit repeated ( bandits) a bit too many injuries for Diego and few things a bit unrealistic but hey it's a Zorro you wrote about. I really loved your story, please keep writing I'd love to read some more!
Goddesscal chapter 29 . 12/30/2008
You are an amazing writer. This story, plot, character development, your use of words, it's just perfect.

The only thing I can say in criticism is that it is a damn

shame you have written very few stories. With this talent you should write 10 more Zorro stories...That would make me very happy lol
ilovedobermans chapter 6 . 12/3/2008
I must have missed something, or perhaps this is just a mistake?

"Ah, here you are Felipe," Diego said. He turned and nodded at Victoria. "I am afraid, **Senora**, that I do not have the time to visit today, no matter how tempting the company."

Diego referred to Victoria as a SENORA. Is he just tired, or what?
citrinestone1000 chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
Oh good you are exploring Alejandro’s character, and I’m curious what role Hinojosa will play in this story.
citrinestone1000 chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
Another great chapter. I’m curious to see what happens with Felipe and Olivia.
citrinestone1000 chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I’m usually at another fandom and I thought I would give Zorro fan fic a try. I saw this rec at someone site, so far great first chapter.
wildirishrose31 chapter 29 . 8/21/2008
I loved this story it made my laugh, it made me cry, shake my head at Diego and stay up way to late reading it. Please continue I love how this story turned out. You did a wonderful job of allowing Diego and Alejandro to come to an understanding but even more so Deigo and Victoria. I hope that you do right a sequl for a love to read a story that makes me laugh, cry and forget about my troubles if only for a bit.
Sprite3 chapter 29 . 8/8/2008
Finally done reading your story!

I have to tell you, when I was done i really went: "what the hell does the title mean?" Well, I finally googgled it, thinking it must be an expression I didn't know about, and there I found it, a rhyme about Humpty Dumpty. You will have to forgive my ignorance in the area (not being a native English speaker at all!) but what is the underlying meaning to it? I would like to hear from you instead of listing my inapt guesses at this cultural reference :)

So, thinking back on your whole story, I'd say my favorite things about it were:

1- Alejandro and his characterization, and how he became more and more prominent as the story progressed. Really a nice treat to have many chapters from his POV

2- The almost absent Victoria, which to me is a new take on NWZ, as most people do use her all the time as the other main character and the "easy source" of drama and angst :)

3- The few chapters with Diego prisoner from Domingo and his men, and the interaction he has with the two dons.

What I liked but think could be improved:

1- Felipe's more prominent role which was also a less often used road in fanfic. However, though the first chapters had really sweet insights, it dragged a little, and like I said in a previous review, Felipe's feelings would require some brush ups to be more consistent between each other. Best chapter with Felipe was with him facing Alejadro.

2- The bandit plot. Domingo, especially, could use some appearances earlier on in the story, and should have been shown with tighter bonds with his men for your last chapter featuring him exclusively to work well.

3- The whole "angst" of your story. It started a little too emotional and angsty to my taste and it took me a while to warm up to your story (first 8-9 chapters, to say the truth) but after you had Diego kidnapped, your story was solidly written, and the emotions were not so "cheap" and "emo" anymore, and more carefully written. You were getting more and more at ease with the characters without tipping in the overly dragging sentimentality of it.

And well.. was there anything I didn't like? This would only be referring to personal taste vs giving you constructive criticism, now, wouldn't it? Personally, and this is why I most often have a hard time reading NWZ, I find Diego to be too perfect. He always thinks the right things, is always proper, never makes a real mistake that has bad consequences and have to live with those consequences, never has the wrong thought... and his only weakness or area where he would need to improve is often depicted as being his stubbornness, but even that is always shown in the context of him having to save the world over saving himself.

Of course, reading your story, I did not expect this Diego to be different, but I always wonder why people love to read or write so much about such a perfect character. I tend to prefer Walt Disney Zorro because he's not the renaissance man like the NWZ version, and he did allow himself to feel jealous and angry on more than one occasion, making him a more believable human in my eyes... but ah, I am ranting about NWZ vs WDZ now ahah. Forgive me. :)

I must admit the one thing that somewhat veered away from this stereotypical NWZ was the realization for Diego of how the pueblo suffered from the alcalde wanting to capture Zorro for so long... though it was muted against Alejandro arguing for him that he was right in doing so, while the pueblo should have fought to defend themselves too instead of relying on Zorro all the time. This I am afraid is another Mary Sue trap into which writers get caught (and I have been caught by that one in the past too!), but it doesn't make your story less enjoyable to me in the end.

Fant
Sprite3 chapter 26 . 8/8/2008
Another great Alejandro POV chapter! The conversation was well handled overall, though I had some trouble following the characters line of thoughts in certain passages. It was nice that Alejandro was trying to keep on that thread of connection with Diego while Diego is still putting on his invisible mask of correctness.

My favorite part is how he argues AGAINST Zorro, very, very clever twist and so different from what most people would write about this duality within Diego.