Reviews for Beyond the Outer Gate Lies
mantimeforgot chapter 3 . 3/21
This is superior in nearly every way to Surrarin's Devil You Know. I will be VERY disappointed if this fic disappears into obscurity. It is almost certainly the best Dresden crossover I have ever read, and ranks amongst the top in terms of pure Dresden fics. This story is compelling and detailed without giving up on foreshadowing (I am not sure if you are leaning in this direction, but the references to Longinus injury, Soulfire, and "Pillars of creation" do cause the mind to wander in a certain direction...).

I do understand that people get burnt out writing after a while, and that with as much word count you have here you may have reached that limit. I sincerely hope that you come back to conclude this story, but that if you do you make the chapter sizes more manageable (30k words at most per chapter, and space out the times between postings so you don't burn yourself out so much; its fine to write out a bunch if you find your groove, but don't force it; that's how you burn yourself out).

Best Regards: MTF
Nephilim209 chapter 1 . 3/19
Holy crap you did a Dresden story and i didn't even see it! Thank you Gabriel, you truly are the best fanfic author. Seriously though, i have only read one story that even comes close to yours, and that's Harry Potter and the Natural 20 by Sir Poley. Great writer, Poley. Anyway, thanks for what is sure to be another impeccable story.
kisorreku chapter 3 . 3/13
really good looking forward to more chapters
vanmele chapter 2 . 3/10
I don't think that soul fire could be made into a sacred gear but the mantle of winter is a mass of power with very little intelligence that comes from mab. Dresden is more than likely going to the underworld with sona and see tsubasa yura, ruruko nimura, tomoe meguri, reya kusaka, momo hanakai get there artificial sacred gear from azazel. I think dresden would see it as a way to separate themself from the mantle and still be able to us it and as for the soul fire I didn't rely see than one happening any time soon. I saw that as a way to give that power to someone else, like to family way down the road or someone he sees fit to use it right.
Asis chapter 3 . 3/7
Vanmele. Really? What the hell does an Outsider from beyond their plane of existence need a sacred gear for? Additionally, how the hell would one of Dresden's signature powers become a 'Sacred Gear' in the first place? It makes no sense.
vanmele chapter 3 . 3/7
This is a great story so far and I look forward to the next chapter. And if I could make one suggestion maybe have harry dresden make the winter mantle and or soul fire into a sacred gear. Plz update soon
Space King Wizard Duck chapter 3 . 3/4
Oh god please more.

I hope he goes to Azzy and goes all "So what do you know of Great Red, and why it exists?" And makes everyone panic because of He Who Walks Behind and Friends.
Grizzmon chapter 3 . 2/25
Heh, will Dresden be afected by that sex change gun? Also, how come the healing sacred gear cannot fix his scars? It can do anything mjnus regrow missing body parts.
SkullShadow chapter 1 . 2/25
More.
Grizzmon chapter 2 . 2/25
He should have asked to have all his bills paid.
Grizzmon chapter 1 . 2/25
At least Harry did not end becoming a teenager girl. so you are good writing Harry in character.
Thank you chapter 3 . 2/24
This is by far my favorite story out of all the ones I've found on the Internet. I express my eternal thanks for this story and hope I can read more soon.
megaslayer321a chapter 3 . 2/23
interesting and very good story i hope you haven't give up on it cause i'm quite eager for the next chapter and after reading both this story and "Devil You Know" i can say i enjoy this one a lot more.
DraconisNoir chapter 3 . 2/22
Great Fucking story, you captured Harry's true essence and character damn near perfectly. Dammit, now I'm going to go and re read the entire series.
If you could somehow forego the video games ( tough, I know ) and add, oh, another 5 chapters of roughly the same length ( I'll settle for 3 ) I will shower platinum, gold and virgins of the preferred gender upon you, in positively Hedonistic and bacchanalian amounts*

*actual offer may vary, I'm poor as Hell and I would rather have all of that for myself, but rest assured I would gladly spare the wealth.
curious viewer chapter 3 . 2/18
This really is that 1% of pure awesome fanfiction you find once in a blue moon!

There are several reasons for this: one is that it feels realistic. Harry going beyond the outer gates and dropping into the highschooldxd world like this seems logical. You also write all the details of harry dresden, who has a lot of details to remember, something which makes reading this story feel like another part of the original series.

You write harry dresden as a gruff, seen-it-all, helping the helpless smartass. So exactly what he was invented as. He is written amazingly well here, and along with the details of his many party tricks it makes this the real harry.

The reactions to harry don't feel strange either, also harry saying how he feels as if Ise is the Dresden of this reality is actually a good trick to say that he is not replacing Ise, which allows him to follow his own course through the story.

Your action scenes are also very well written, and the tension and danger to harry is tangible.

Please continue this story, it is really of amazing quaity. But the length does make it quite an ordeal to read, so how about cutting chapters like these in quarters and uploading those?