Reviews for Beyond the Outer Gate Lies
anon chapter 3 . 23h
I really hope you update this again at some point, its always a lot of laughs reading a well written Dresden, and even more so when you start to throw in the anime/manga style humor of the xover(Never heard of it before so no idea how accurate that is). Truly can not wait until things Really get Interesting for our favorite wizard of opposing elements.
swordworks chapter 3 . 1/31
A county worse than Nazi Germany? watch youtube: China Uncensored
SeanHicks4 chapter 3 . 1/21
Interesting cross, might have to look into Dresden canon. Hope you come back to it.
philodices chapter 3 . 1/21
I love this story.
MogtheGnome chapter 3 . 1/18
One day I hope you come back and finish this. I know you have most of the next chapter posted in your forum, but this story has such a good premise.

I hope all is well in your life, and nothing bad is preventing you from updating.
Welt Beherrschunger chapter 3 . 1/15
I honestly don't think I stopped laughing the whole way through this story(barring the semiserious moments at least) your word choice is good and you seem to Capture Dresden very well. I also enjoy your concentration on Sona and her peerage over Rias. I rather hope you haven't abandoned this story and look forward to more in the future.
Nhobdy chapter 3 . 1/13
"Help, the voice in my head has started to become delusional!" is an absolutely, breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL line for Dresden. Kudos to you
ShotgunWilly chapter 3 . 1/13
I do most sincerely apologize for using a review to do this, but I figured that this would be the best way to poke you and see if anyone is there. I'm not trying to rush you or anything but when an author as prolific as you posts nothing for over a year, we all grow concerned.

So, uh. Yeah. *poke*
Fullmetal11791 chapter 3 . 1/12
As interesting as this story is, I don't think you've given enough thought as to the consequences of Dresden taking the Winter Mantle with him through the outer gates. As we've seen in the books, this is going to quickly lead to an imbalance between winter and summer, which will lead to the end of the world.
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 1/5
it seems like the stakes just got a lot higher, theres too much going on for me to really review but it seems like harry might end up having to go Outside again
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 1/5
I think that it was a good choice to set this story outside the dresden verse rather then combining them, all the crazy reveal stuff wouldnt have worked in a world where people like forthill, michael, and uriel exist and oppose the devils (which is why i stopped reading the fic that this was inspired by this)
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 1/4
your chapters are huge, consider making scene breaks chapter ones as well: it makes it harder to review and process stuff when they are about 4-8 times larger then most large chapters

you were doing such a great job portraying harry that it was quite a shock to see him kill so many people with magic: when thats so fundamentally against his character: it would be one thing for him to shoot them or rip them up with ice claws even but if your following by dresden magic like he seems to that would have horribly corrupted him.

its probably as hard for me to accept the devils as good(ish) guys as it is for dresden, but it should be interesting to see how things progress
draiggin chapter 3 . 1/2
This is an incredible story. Im looking forward to the next chapter you release in any story you decide to write.
I saw this and a thought wont leave me. What if there was a crossover of high school dxd and fate stay night where zelretch swapped the issei from high schoo with the issei from fate stay night, while they were babies, maybe he becomes the one to set issei onto the perverted path or not.
The boosted gear boosting any of the participants of the grail wars is a scary thought. but even him as an outside party getting dragged into it would be quite interesting and he makes a great support resource, technically he aslo hails from a reality that is in the age of the gods.
hoping you read this and it inspires a thought in this direction one day.

Love your work and hope you are well. looking forward to the next story and or chapter you release.
CallMeIshmael chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
Well, I went on a reading binge of your stories. Lost count somewhere, lemme tally em up... "HS SAO", "Monsters of The Wilds", "Hill of Swords", "Honor Thy Masters" (Which you knew), "Erogame" (Which is very very nice, and I've downloaded and been greatly enjoying Monster Quest), "Those Who Love Monsters", and last but not least "Finishing What You Start". I'll be adding "Beyond the Outer Gate Lies... Devils?" to that list soon. I've actually read just about all your fics, minus the KP ones and the air gear one. Like I said, I'm too much of a wimp to read horror xD
NthBelisarius chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
I got approximately 1/2 of the way through the first chapter (props for writing such humongous chapters by the way) when I had to quit. It was just after Harry talked to Sona about her being a devil. Essentially, I was put off by the fact that harry appeared to have become Christian, as far as I remember in the books he might receive help from the White God (who is never explicitly stated to actually be Capital G God, Creator of everything but he doesn't worship him. For one thing, he knows that other gods exist too, and other beings of power independent of the White God (like Ferrovax, Mab etc), and there is no evidence that the White God created the world at all. There's also the fact that gods in the Dresdenverse are implied to be at least somewhat sustained off belief, which runs counter to claims of Omnipotence of any singular god, the White God then would seem so powerful because Christianity has the widest base of worship in the entire world (~2 billion IIRC). Anyway, it seemed very out of place and essentially broke my SOD, which is a shame as I was enjoying the story up until then. Perhaps I will return to the story in the future, but for now here is where I take my leave.