Reviews for The Malfoy Case
arquinby chapter 25 . 1/9/2023
What about nearly headless Nick? Did I miss something? Wasn’t he supposed to testify?
KnightSkies chapter 28 . 8/1/2022
Nailed it, Draco and his mother would be able to get of in a trial with a competent lawyer because they do have enough evidence from concrete events to argue they are innocent/pressured into it. And the reasons they were innocent in this were the exact ones I would think from canon so it was beautiful how it all came together. I LOVE this fic and the way it nailed it. I also love the pride factor that was explored, how Draco didn't want to be as forthcoming about the actual motives behind his actions in the war because he didn't want to reveal he was out of his depth, how played he was by Voldemort, and how he wasn't actually on his inner circle or thought of highly at all (Voldemort really used most of his death eaters) and how even now, there was still this pride he had, of not wanting to admit that, or get help. Even when anyone competent can see he needs to be honest about that to get the innocence he deserves. It's funny how he's almost prepared to go to prison just because of his pride.

His mother is a more difficult character to get a read on in this. I can't tell if it's because of pride or just not wanting her words to be twisted/sick and tired of all of this, and anger as well (as she didn't want to get involved in this, it was because of her husband she got involved in this), or humiliation. But I think it might be a mix of both.

I loved your take on it, this is a really sharp fic. I didn't enjoy the romance as much because I have a different headcanon of how they got together/their personalities (actually I have several headcanons for those characters) so I was too steeped in my own headcanons to really enjoy this as much but I think other readers who came into it with a more open mind would like it.
KnightSkies chapter 8 . 7/31/2022
Love this
KnightSkies chapter 6 . 7/31/2022
Love it
KnightSkies chapter 2 . 7/31/2022
I didn't think the reason for Draco's initiation into Voldemort's circle was because he was worried he might have information about what was going on, and might tell somebody on the light side out of fear as things escalated, but now that I'm reading this it seems possible. Draco did know a lot and he had no real relationship with Voldemort for Voldemort to have any reason for trusting Draco, especially knowing his paranoia. It does seem likely the mark was put on his wand to prevent him from seeking help from the light. I feel sorry for Draco.
KnightSkies chapter 1 . 7/31/2022
Amazing start, can't wait to read more.
Niamh chapter 28 . 11/26/2021
Yes yes yeeeeeees, when I was looking for a fanfic DracoxAstoria, this is what I was talking about, it is perfect, beautiful and complete, what a wonderful story.
Tata chapter 28 . 8/28/2021
I just finished the fic and I love it, I already want to spend some time to be able to read it again, you are incredible you really did a great job author, this couple in your hands is art.
Nayru chapter 28 . 8/7/2021
This fanfic was magnificent, it has so many things to highlight but for the moment I can only say: I want that, what unfolds between Astoria and Draco ooh I feel so romantic now.
What a beautiful fic, the best one of this couple.
Haru chapter 1 . 7/2/2021
Where have you been all my life? I love this fanfic I am totally in love with it, once I started it I couldn't stop.I hope with all my heart that you are encouraged to write again about this couple because the way you did it was masterful.
Boa-Avadara chapter 28 . 6/21/2021
I'm incredibly happy to read this story, I recently saw the end of HP and Draco and Astoria's couple hit my heart but I did not initially find any fanfic of my liking, you are a genius, you are incredible, love your story, your writing, your character construction, you are amazing. Thank you.
Guest chapter 28 . 2/5/2021
I really enjoyed this story! The plot line, details, themes, and characters were all brilliant! I was looking for a decent post-war Draco fic for ages, so it was great to come across this! The only thing I was questioning was whether Draco and Astoria would realistically allow themselves to feel for each other on the cusp of Draco’s likely imprisonment... I feel like more denial and avoiding feelings would have been more realistic. But you know, I still LOVED the story.
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 28 . 11/14/2020
Mm...

Much better prose than I can manage. The plot was predictable (the non-protagonists going to Azkaban, the protagonists staying free, the couple falling for each other despite, the use of Harry Potter as a deus ex machina) none of it FELT predictable. The emotional journey you led the audience on felt genuine.
Herdcat chapter 28 . 7/15/2020
I really enjoyed this story - your Draco was very believable and Astoria was adorable.
passerby chapter 28 . 4/19/2020
i've been on this site for a long time and i can say with certainty that this is one of the most wonderfully intelligent and carefully crafted fics i've ever read. thank you so much for this gem, it was a blessing to have come across it