Reviews for To Stop a Lion's Roar
Santoramon chapter 1 . 3/22
well done noice read
NovalogicGuy chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
That was an interesting story to read.
the-new-face-in-town chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Oh Starfire how you gamble with mustard. Nice way for some comic relief.
Annatheavidreader chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Great story! Although, I have to argue that Raven and Gar's issues are more alike. While it is true that Raven's powers are controlled by her emotions, she is half-demon and with that said she has the instincts of a demon (which, in my humble opinion is much more terrible than an animal). Demons are chaotic. Their actions are compromised of meaningless violence, tyranny and disorder. On the other hand, most animals have 'rules' to follow and usually murdering another animal serves a purpose (not always, domesticated cats are the biggest culprit for killing solely for the thrill of the hunt). A pride of lions contain multiple males and females. There are rules about who is the head male and head female, which lions are allowed to eat first, which lions are allowed to mate the most, which female lions are designated to hunt and which lioness is in charge of watching the cubs and so on. And while lions are fierce animals, their instincts aren't necessarily a bad thing because they are needed for survival. Male lions are driven to protect their pride and territory, and the same can be said for a wolf with their pack, or a rooster with its flock. Humans are animals, and I'm sure my family would stick/fight together to protect our home from a burglary. With that said, I don't want to diminish Gar's very real and difficult problem of keeping his animal instincts in check. I just feel that Raven can empathize with him more than people think. I'm a huge fan of Beast Boy's and Raven's darker side/nature, so I absolutely loved this story. And the ending with Star was adorable. The only advice I can give you is to refrain from putting A/N within a story. I love Harry Potter, but the reference was unnecessary (for me) and A/N should be placed at the end of the story/chapter. They disrupt the stories flow, and if you are worried readers won't get something you can always use footnotes. Overall, a solid piece of writing!
TheRagingRussian chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I liked it a lot.
writerzero chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Starfire and her mustard. Cute.

Thanks for the great read.
FanFicAddict55 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Lol! Star at the end
Hedwigpotter chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
OMG IM LIKE " SQEEEEE!" That was adorable! Write another/more perchance?
Guest chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Lol musturd
Whisper184 chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Awww, this was amazing! It was just as touching and insightful as when Raven and Beast Boy talked beside the water. Awesome job :)
The Great Fanfiction Wizard chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
RavenofSilver chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Awww! So sweet! I love it! Star is awesome. But I would have bet for cookies...
Why-not-I-am-that-kind-of-girl chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Awwwewww tho thweet. But seriously, its.. cute I likes it. You should write more
Dahkoro5050 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Really good story. I had the same thought when I saw the beast within for the first time "didn't he get all angry and sels-deprecating before the chemicals got on him." I really liked how you did Rae's interactions with her emotions (specifically knowledge). And how you showed the diference between instincts and emotions, Perfect! All in all an awesome story.
Sharpclaws chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
This was a well written story. The ending was also funny.