Reviews for The Vow
Warrior of Spectra chapter 25 . 11/11/2015
Wow...this was one of THE GREATEST Lord Shen and KFP fics I have EVER read. Thank you so much for this wonderful story. Yes, it was a bumpy ride. But I enjoyed everything moment reading your story. I'm glad Shen is alive, and I'm glad he's alive realistically...he's alive, but broken. I hope there's no sequel or follow up, not because I don't want to see your work, simply because I just like this ending and would love to imagine what our couple's lives would be like...this is a good ending...a good ending to a story I've happily followed for a year. Thank you so much for this story :)
TheJokerMan chapter 25 . 11/11/2015
I've been following this story since chapter 3. I haven't regretted it. Shen's appearance in the end was no surprise to me. The story needed some uplifting (-ish) closure after all. Stories never truly end. I like what you did here. Well done! Hope you come back to this fandom once more in the future!

-J ;-)
CROWPRINCESS chapter 24 . 11/6/2015
There should be one special chapter when this story is all over.
CROWPRINCESS chapter 24 . 11/5/2015
I liked you fanart for 'Old West' and I think that there should be more fanart for this story's ending after when you have finished this story.
Berserker88 chapter 24 . 11/3/2015
Augh! I saw it coming and it still hurts! Unfortunately, I don't see much chance of Shen having miraculously survived in this version, though I do predict a happy ending with Lianne and his chicks as well as Zhan and Jade. Please don't take that away too. :(
Gabi Girl 16 chapter 24 . 11/3/2015
Did Lord Shen just DIE!? No, no, no, oh no! I will love this story either way, and I know you know what's best for the story, but...my world just shattered too.

I refuse to believe anything until the final chapter! I will remain optimistic! As for Lianne, I can't wait to see the little chick! I hope he or she looks like Shen. And the bloodline of the royal peacock family continues! Thank goodness. Shen is way too cool for his family tree to end. I also thought what Shen did for the Boss Wolf was sweet, and I'm hoping Jade and Zhan will be together in the end.

As always, you brought out a ton of emotions from me as I read this. I love this story, and I am counting down the days until the finale! Thank you for another thrilling chapter!

-GG
MistressPuppetShow chapter 24 . 11/2/2015
Chang reminded me of Tywin Lannister, all he wanted to do was benefit the family's interest. BUT sadly Tywin did go out like this. Saddest chapter ever D': Anyway, yay I get my Pea-Swans :D the final connection between father and daughter. That is all for this review
Sada Pazaki chapter 24 . 11/1/2015
OH my ACHING heeeeaaaart! The feeeeeeeeeeels!

I figured there would be chicks (it would be cruel to kill Shen off and there NOT be chicks) and I'm so glad Lianne was able to connect with her father before he died...but I'm guessing there's only one more chapter and it's going to be heartbreaking D: ...OR it's a future chapter with her kids...or maybe I should be patient and just wait and see.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/31/2015
Cool! Is there another chapter for this story?
The Bonecrusher Hyena chapter 24 . 10/31/2015
The reason I reviewed so late was because I, in all honesty, was looking for the right words...But I guess this will have to do. First of all, YOU ARE SO CRUEL! So many cliffhangers and dramatic twists! But its good to know there will be one final chapter! I'm not gonna say 'I hope Shen is still alive!' because if I'm really honest, I'm not sure if letting Shen survive would be the right angle for this story to go. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion on it.

Then there's the confrontation between Shen and Jade. As I already said once in a PM, I really love Jade. She has to be one of my favorite characters, even if she didn't get as much screen-time compared to Shen or Lianne. Jade is furious at Shen, and is willing to die so she can at least voice her opinion...But Shen lets her go, as the title of the chapter shows. And once again, Shen shows mercy by wanting to spare Zhan and his pack. I'm glad for that, because Zhan is also one of my favorite characters, possibly even more so then Shen and Lianne. Of course, the pack couldn't carry out Shen's orders before Po arrived...So I suppose their survival, along with Shen's, will be revealed in the next and final chapter.

And there is of course the conversations between Lianne and her father...I honestly I am not even sure what to say here. I loved it, and everything was done perfect! I wish I could say more, but I'm not that good with words :/

However, I'm kinda dissapointed Po and the Furious Five got so little screen-time. I dunno, but I exspected you to write about them as well, and I was looking forward to see your spin on it. Like the journey to Gongmeng and Po discovering the truth. But he did get a hilarious conversation wth Shen XD In retrospect, I suppose it does kind of make sense to leave Po and the Furious Five out so much. The story is focused on Shen, not Po. The movie is already about him and...well, let's be honest: its extremely hard to come even close to how good some scenes with Po were.

Overall, I really enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait for the next one! AND CHICKS! :D I do wonder how they'll look like...Are they gonna be swans, peacocks or a crazy hybrid of both?
CROWPRINCESS chapter 24 . 10/31/2015
I wonder if we will see the Soothsayer again in the final chapter and I hope that Shen still lives, this story is already heartbreaking enough. I wonder if Lianne's child carries its gene of Shen or Lianne, that will probably remain a mystery or not. There should be a sequel for this story where we see Lianne and Shen's child going into a new adventure in the world.
abovegost chapter 24 . 10/31/2015
You always have to make me cry, don't cha? :( No matter, I still love this story! No matter how much I cry, it shows me that I am truly committed to your stories.
Olmo chapter 24 . 10/30/2015
Hi again kullanmuru! I can review properly only now coz' I've been too busy with my studies.

I like this chapter with all its brilliant surprises [but then again, you never disappoint in the end :)]. It was nice how Lianne is remembered in Shēnghuó after her thirty years of absence. I wonder if she meets at some point her former goose maid Mei. From her she could get parental advice. In all honesty, I knew straight away what Lianne's unusual sensations in her body were about, but it wouldn't have been fun to spoil that yet. ;)

I've for a long while wondered if Lord Hong would have more significance to the story than what was shown before. I wasn't sure if even he could stomach his niece's marriage to Shen after the peacock broke her heart all those years ago. :/ The tale about him and Lianne's parents proves how noble he can be. :)

About Chang... I've wondered if father and daughter could ever reconcile even partially. You wrote this perfectly. :) The Death right behind your door can indeed change your views or simply widen you perspective. I finally see Chang in a more sympathetic light. He and Lianne are like Shen and Goa: ''sometimes too different to understand and sometimes too similar to see''. How sad the way pride blinds us all. :( A parent does do anything for their children, even it seems unfair. This was the best possible way for Chang to leave the world of the living. (-':

I also liked Lianne's answer to Chang's question about forgiveness: it can be given to anyone who *sincerely* wish for it.

The moment with Shen really got to me. :( Now that he hasn't his hatred, he realizes that all he *really* wanted all along was to be loved, but he doesn't believe he can be anymore with his loved ones after everything he has done. At least Jade's attack and acerbic words to him made him to have his best friend spared. (-': Througout the story these subtle changes of yours ultimately have done concrete changes. :) Well done!

Now I'm expecting anxiously for the Grand Finale!

P.S. Somehow I've been feeling lately that I may have offended you without realizing it in one of my reviews. Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough for others without any obvious reason for it. And it's silly, yes. I may or may not be wrong, but I still present an apology.
emiweeab chapter 24 . 10/29/2015
Oh good this was so emotional! It was nice to read that the majority of the sold pack was able to get away before the battle. I am glad also that she was able to make up with her father a bit and tell him that she was expecting. It was nice to learn more about the uncle too. Now let's just hope she can make it through this works shattering news on top of also losing her father. Keep up the great work!
Nigel chapter 24 . 10/29/2015
Omg i just read the last part. nooooooooo shen can't be dead! :(
621 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »