Reviews for The Continuing Leaf
elsa3beth chapter 4 . 2/9/2013
Beautifully written and researched! Loved Ingwe's story, and the way you've tied everything back together.
Flesca chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
I really like how you portrayed the relationship between Glorfindel and Ingwe. Ingwe is a character I really haven't given much thought to (although I'm in love with practically every male character in The Sil... hahaha), but I love the way you handled his character in this chapter. Can't wait to read more!
Viya chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
sp? 'Glorfindel laughed weekly'

Isn't it weakly instead of weekly?
Faerfaen chapter 4 . 6/9/2003
Wow this was so good! I really hope theres a sequel!

*~* Dy *~*
Thirteen Black Roses chapter 4 . 2/8/2003
well, duh! *smacks forehead* of COURSE he would return with the armys of the valar. u have no idea how long i have wondered about that. *rolls eyes* next time i read the silmarillion i will actually think. i love this fic! whenever it got serious u managed to put in some thing humerous or outright absurd. *inwe quacking. priceless!* thanks for giveing a good explination of his return, i always wanted to know how he could have died in gondolin then saved frodo near imladris. thanx! namarie
Finch chapter 4 . 12/2/2002
What do you mean, 'continuing leaf'? You just put an end to it! Though I have to admit it's a satisfactory finale, with Elrond's musings about the main character at the end.

As usual, excellent mix of serious and more light-hearted elements. The tea party was very funny, while Glorfindel's thoughts about his second loss of innocence were very saddening. But perhaps he can find consolation in the idea that he freed an orc soul from servitude to the Dark?
Soledad chapter 4 . 12/2/2002
A delightful end to a wonderful story! I was laughing so hard over the tea scene that I nearly fell off my seat. So, Oropher has a strange sense of humour? How good to know - he's mostly portrayed as a brick-headed, sour idiot. Thank you for rehabilitating him!

Oh, and I *loved* the Quenya version of his name!
Maeve Riannon chapter 4 . 12/2/2002
A worthy end. The tea party was great, and I laughed a lot with Glorfindel and Orophers argument. Go you! And I liked the serious parts, too. Somehow, I find chilling that an Elf mourns for the Orcs he has killed.

OK, so you think Glorfindel is easy? I dont think it could be easy for ANYONE to write so good a story about him!
Ellipsis chapter 4 . 12/1/2002
It's over? *looks sad* Ah well. I love it. Oropher's strange sense of humor is great. I quite like him. Elrond, worrying about his brother's legacy fading, rather than his brother's death... definately my favorite part of the chapter. Glorfindel is, as always, wonderful. Lets see, I'm sure there is more I can say, but it's all more or less redundant. nice work!

- Ellipsis
erunyauve chapter 3 . 11/3/2002
I love your conception of Ingwe and the Valar - you bring them to life, giving them real problems and personalities. Ingwe's description of his friend the duck, and the duck's death, is touching. His story of Cuivienen is a logical explanation for the contentment of the Vanyar - what has been earned through suffering is always more valuable than that which is given to us.
Finch chapter 3 . 11/1/2002
Excellent mixture of serious and more light-hearted stuff. The story of Ingwe's awakening at Cuivienen was impressive. The quacking - well, that wasn't just funny, but in a way also very sad. (My personal view is that none of the Quendi woke up alone, but your version does make for a better story.)

In a way, once more you answered the question I asked in a previous review. And guess what: no more questions!
Ellipsis chapter 3 . 10/31/2002
Just read chapters two and three. So many comments: First: my compliments on Ingwe - you've made him real. Hs friendship with Eonwe, and discussions with Mandos are great. I especially like the explaination of why the Vanyar remained in Valinor - it makes a lot of sense. And what's not to like about a High King who admits to conversing with a duck?

I also bow low befoye your sense of humor...therer are so many wonderful lines. I enjoyed Finarfin's comment about the hope of middle earth, and nearly everything Eonwe said made me smile. Remember his clothing, indeed.

Please write moree soon!

- Ellipsis
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
*claps* Wonderful! I don't think i've read a fic like this yet. Bearocracy among the Valar - I love it. Ingwe is very nice, kind, reverent - everything the high king should be. And Glorfindel, as always, rules. Great start!

*scampers off to read the rest*
Belthronding chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
Finally, a nice light hearted story! And one with Glorfindel, who seems to be everyone's protégé since the film came out! I enjoyed the humour you injected into the fic, Mandos with paperwork indeed! A great start.
Soledad chapter 3 . 10/31/2002
I love it how you use both light-hearted fun and very serious topics in one and the same story. The awakening of Ingwë and the first days (years) of the Vanyar, alone in Midde-earth, is a great story. And Eönwë the pedant - oh, my!

So, the Teleri don't build their ships swan-shaped any more? Interesting. The Shipmaster has a lot of presence, BTW.