Reviews for The Glass Menagerie
kinigget chapter 18 . 9/9
...well shit

anyway, I think I've finally got a pretty good read on Zaffre's character here

she's fallen so far into despair that she came out the other end, turning that wretchedness into a sort of armor.

But it's blinded her.

As much as she talks about Jaune being a liability, it's her inability to let go of the perceived danger that's the real liability.

Pyrrha was right to turn that accusation back against her

her all-consuming need to prove that Jaune isn't ready, isn't *worthy* has driven her from her team, away from the very people she's trying to "protect" by getting rid of Jaune

and she simply can't see it

because nothing else matters but preventing a repeat of whatever trauma it is that left her like this

but that's enough speculation, this was excellently written and beautifully executed and I have a distinct feeling that the climax is right around the corner
kinigget chapter 17 . 3/29
I see

This is what Zaffre considers mercy

She's just trying to keep him from getting himself and his friends killed

Problem is, she's going about it exactly the wrong way
MikeyJC chapter 17 . 3/29
Yooooo that chapter was hype. I've been lurking on the spacebattles thread for this story and yes, I fully accept the soundtrack for this fic to be Ryu Ga Gotoku all the time, every time.
Jaster Mereel's heir chapter 4 . 3/20
First off, love the story. Second, there is no way you could have planned this, but the chemist was researching hard light applications, and it's revealed that Velvet's weapon can basically render hard light versions of whatever weapon she takes a picture of. That is the greatest unplanned event I've seen. Nice!
tentaclecat chapter 1 . 2/14
You know, after reading up to the latest chapter (16) I'm starting to think that you have a personal hate with Jaune given how things are going for him on the whole fanfic. I could be wrong or I could be close, real close in all honesty.
SonatiShinonome chapter 16 . 2/9
You know zaffre is right, jaune is a problem, in canon him got better but him is and always will be a problem, f*cking prick got amber killed just because pyrra screamed.
Can't wait for next chapter.
You've managed to take a decent storyline and turn it into something truly interesting

I absolutely love the dynamic between Jaune and Zaffre here, and I cannot fault either one of them for their reactions. It's just...neither one of them actually *understands* the other. They've become symbols to each other, mere representations of their fears.

This is gonna take some work to get through this one
kinigget chapter 15 . 1/6
Oh this one is going to be loads of fun isn't it?
kinigget chapter 14 . 11/15/2015
Seriously starting to wonder what Zaffre's beef with the Arc family is

All in good time I suppose
kinigget chapter 12 . 11/15/2015
That was *beautiful*
kinigget chapter 10 . 11/15/2015
Bell reminds me of no one so much as Canaan. Same color scheme, same fighting style, similar ability...

I approve
kinigget chapter 7 . 11/14/2015
On a completely different note, I couldn't help but notice that Zaffre has what essentially amounts to a Stand, and can't help but wonder whether that was by accident or design
kinigget chapter 6 . 11/14/2015
That was a hell of a thing all told.

On a continuity note, Velvet is at least a second-year when team RWBY show up. It's not a big concern though.
kinigget chapter 3 . 11/14/2015