Reviews for The Adventure of Patchouli Knowledge
EasternYoukai chapter 5 . 5/18/2015
Hi! Hope Patchouli does not get asthma attacks at the wrong moments. Or do that for hilarity.

This is a good story, making Patchouli explore a foreign region and such. I agree that most crossovers are random trainers gapped to Gensokyo or based on Touhoumon, though not all (one of the crossovers here is about Mokou gapped to Kanto, another is about Satori in Kalos, they belong to the respective writers)

I just wanted to ask about the point of view used in the fic: is it first-person or third-person? From the chapters you have posted, I believe you mixed the points of view and you have given insights of the thoughts of other people.

Most experienced users write using only one point of view and only detail the thoughts of the main character if using first-person view. To be honest, this is not the easiest thing, as I am also trying to master this as a newbie writer. First-person is especially known as the hardest writing mode, because you need to write out every detail.

But your story so far is off to a good start, and never mind chapter length. Some writers can manage long chapters, but some don't. If you get writer block easily, split the story into short chapters.

Hope you keep writing!
Knight of the Iron Hammer Vita chapter 5 . 12/1/2014
this xover is very interesting kinda short but still good
Han-Ko chapter 5 . 5/19/2014
Thanks for writing this fic :D
unyu bird chapter 5 . 5/13/2014
I like this fic! Keep working! I'll cheer you and I actually will keep reading this :3
Guest chapter 5 . 5/10/2014
Patchouli and Team Rocket - can't want to see how this encounter will turn out!
Sonanoka21093 chapter 5 . 5/9/2014
Well, that was... interesting. I honestly think I prefer the English team rocket... song? Could that be called a song? I'm honestly not sure. Motto? A bit long for a motto... Anyways, keep up the good work. You may wish to make battles more interesting by actually going into detail on them.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 4 . 5/9/2014
This has been on my mind for a while now, but... English isn't your primary language, is it? It's good of you to try and branch out, but, of course, it's a rather glaring issue. I hope that this story helps you improve your English.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 3 . 5/9/2014
Hrm. Not a bad view of the pokemon world, really. After all, the police use pokemon, so why not the military? I think I shall continue reading this.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 2 . 5/9/2014
'The original' is very vague. It's obviously not the anime, as we have Red instead of Ash. But the question becomes if it's the original as in the manga or as in the games. The manga is considerably darker, what with there being corruption among the gym leaders as well as well as the elite four being evil. I do hope that it's the manga. That would be far more interesting.

As for quality drop-off, I say that you shouldn't fear making your chapters longer! I used to write nothing but 1-2k word long chapters, and branching out to make them meatier was the best choice I made!
Sonanoka21093 chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Well, it could use some work, I believe, but it's off to a good start. There's not much else to say, really. The premise of Patchouli getting books from Marisa as an exchange is an amusing one, and I can imagine her writing a potion book filled with untested brews.
sanddrake111 chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
Oh dear... The Team Rocket Trio. This brings back a lot of memories. I like the accuracy of your portrayal, probably because they are difficult characters to mess up. Anyways, I don't remember much about Pokemon centers being a place of rest. I thought that they were Hospitals for Pokemon. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed this chapter here and will be waiting warmly for the next.
Yami chapter 4 . 4/15/2014
Oh my.. This is beautiful *wipes tears of joy*
I like your story! A lot!
You're awesome!
Guest chapter 4 . 4/10/2014
Please update soon!
Hakurei no Miko chapter 4 . 4/10/2014
looking forward to the continuation da ze!
Ziden115 chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
You know, you really drew my interest into this story, I'm going to stick around to see what happens next! Keep up the good work.