Reviews for The Silent Place
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
the meneltarma? i love this. it's about...hope. love. i dunno. i loved it.

thanks! keep writing!
Suzine chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
Simply beautiful. No other words to describe it.
TyphoonTyrant chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Koolies... I need faves
Cirdan chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
My apologies. I'm bad at reviewing both on list and on .

As I said on list, I liked tone of the story and the mysticism attached to the unreachable Silent Place. In fact, I like the very Silence attached to the Place and how it was, before, a place of worship for the Creator. You do justice to the Atani by saying that He still loves them and doesn't even let the Firstborn go on that Silent Place. The very restriction from Elves makes the Place more special and significant.

It's not a fairytale, but it is a legend. And I can certainly see it being told among the Elves. After all, we all seek for answers to the unknown, and the Silent Place is certainly that in its elusiveness.
Brilaglar chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
Fine, but I never said you HAD to read it
The Phantom chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
That was glorious. I agree with an earlier review: This is fanfiction at it's best. Taking a small, almost unnoticed bit of canon and expand into this beautiful, and yet mournful piece about an enigma wrapped in a mystery. Perfectly done, my dear. PERFECTLY done.
The Evil Old Woman chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Lovely!
PuterPatty chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Amazing and beautiful prose written by a true Tolkien fan! Every sentence was masterfully constructed. Kudos!
Soledad chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
A falen kingdom of Men becoming a fairy tale for Elves - what a wonderful idea! And you description of the rock, how lonely and silent and forbidding it is, with noting growing on it, no birds singing and unreachable because of some stragne power keeps everyone from touching it, is eerie.
Calanare Sairavanie chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Beautiful. Such a lovely, poetic piece of writing, even though it's short it manages to say so very much. *This* is fanfiction at its very best. Thank you.