Reviews for Blight-Queller
fireball900 chapter 1 . 1/30
I loved the character Superbia, you really fledged him (it?) out. Loved the idea of Superbia always helping with the Harrowing, helps explain a problem I had with it.
Wednesday's Jest chapter 7 . 1/3
I am surprised that this has not garnered more attention. Regardless, this was very well done.
X chapter 7 . 12/13/2016
This was a damn amazing fic. The first two chapters are the weakest in the story, in my opinion, 1 moreso than 2 - most of those chapters are still constructed well, actually, it's just that the concept of a guy who is up until then a random magi apprentice besting the most powerful demon in the Fade and using impromptu blood magic to freeze the outside of an entire tower and then kill a hundred thousand darkspawn ... feats of that level out of the blue stretch my SoD a little bit. But the story improved by leaps and bounds from then on, and got stronger with every chapter. I love how it's emphasized of Amell's willingness to do anything, sacrifice everyone, to end the Blight, and the very insightful way you illustrated how exactly he constructed that facade of invulnerability. That, the introduction of darkspawn viewpoints, the 'skin a genlock face and wear it as a mask' thing ... those moments of desperate innovation are what make this fic shine.

Also the final fight with Morrigan was absolutely boss. Really redeems Shapeshifter's somewhat lacklustre performance in the game itself. I admit I am rather confused as to how Amell survived killing the Archdemon if he accidentally deleted Morrigan's god-fetus, but I suppose it's either that he missed the uterus by a good enough margin that the thing was still alive for long enough to attract the Old God's soul, or that his sheer power granted to him by the blood sacrifice overpowered that or something.

Either way, very nice job on this. I applaud you, it's one of the best Dragon Age fanfics I've found on the internet thus far.
Dantegrey chapter 7 . 5/24/2016
Brilliant, simply brilliant.
I am not a fan of sad and grim endings, but I hace to admit that i loved this story and the final and perfect Touch with the Great inquisitor
jsoon500 chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
I know it's been two years since this story ended, but I just want to say what great story this is! Going into this I wasn't sure about the writing style as it is mostly the protagonist recounting it in first person, but it really grew on me, and the tension throughout the story was palpable and real.

Just a question, who is the grand inquisitor? Is she someone we already know (Flemeth or Morrigan in disguise)? or someone else totally new? I'm dying to find out, and hoping that you'd send me a PM or something if you're still active here. Thanks!
Elven-in-name chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Wow. I can't even tell you how good this is. So dedicated, full of detzils. Also, the fact that this is revealing links with real world fantasy and lore, see demons and sins, stealing fire from the gods...and the fact that you're taking and expanding and making even more interesting my first and favorite Origin gets you bonus points of sympathy from me.
SLotH4 chapter 7 . 6/4/2015
Very well done. It was a little plodding at some points (finding the treaties), but very nicely done. His actions are monstrous, but his enemies more so.
Sameal-the-lost chapter 7 . 1/27/2015
well...that was fucking incredible.

More?
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
im intrigued by the character youve set up as the inquisitor, she's definetly got some ulterior motives going on...
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 12/31/2014
dang, I dont know if you intended amell's actions to set up inquisition, but youve done a good job of it nonetheless
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 12/31/2014
you seemed to have gotten bogged down in post landsmeet stuff, and your referencing past stuff we never saw way too much for clarity
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 12/31/2014
Its better that you gloss over the in game stuff then get bogged down in it and leave us hanging about the catastrophy at denerim, it would be interesting if you put up a oneshot or two about it later though
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 12/31/2014
while the bulk of the chapter is in game stuff, the ending was a great extension of your unique depiction of magic
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
nice job developing amell's character, and the alternate mage origin is nicely done
XxDarknezzXx chapter 6 . 12/24/2014
I've been getting really annoyed and very sad to keep checking this story just to see no new chapter. been getting notifications on my mail and everything xD.. Haha
Definitely worth the wait this chapter got my all split up, I dont know what to make of this or think. :P hopefully you got more in stor for us?!