Reviews for Blight-Queller
Gabett chapter 1 . 1/10
Oh, wow, this is so great, such a unique writing style and intriguing story! I'm lost for words, honestly.
Elven-in-name chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
Welcome.
Elven-in-name chapter 6 . 11/14/2017
Wow. What An ending!
Elven-in-name chapter 5 . 11/14/2017
Wow. This was a long chapter.

Essentially I loved how you merged story and gameplay, using many spells with cool effects, and describing Leliana's shots in logical, descriptive ways.

I loved the sacrifices, Loghain, Leliana...

The parable. The drama, the romance...

But why isn't another party member here? Like Oghren, Sten, or Wynne? Were they never recruited? Or just doing something else.

Love the epithets. Genocide.

And I think the Archdemon was an Anticlimatic Boss. At least, in comparison to Morrigan.
Elven-in-name chapter 4 . 11/13/2017
Wow, loved it. I like the protagonist's plans for Ferelden..it almost felt like you written Europe somewhere, instead of Ferelden.

And it was uber funny to see the Chancellor.

Loghain is cool.
Elven-in-name chapter 3 . 11/13/2017
Okay, I am actually glad that you skipped the canon story. It makes more sense, since the story gets really interesting after you named Alistair. The tension, emotional and political.

But I have some complaints.

Your protagonist talks too much, I can't understand who is talking bevause you make dialogue too simmilar.

And your plot has a flaw, why does he wage war against the chantry when there's a blight to stop?

Third, your MC seems too ruthless. Although that seems an original character trait of him.
fireball900 chapter 1 . 1/30/2017
I loved the character Superbia, you really fledged him (it?) out. Loved the idea of Superbia always helping with the Harrowing, helps explain a problem I had with it.
Wednesday's Jest chapter 7 . 1/3/2017
I am surprised that this has not garnered more attention. Regardless, this was very well done.
X chapter 7 . 12/13/2016
This was a damn amazing fic. The first two chapters are the weakest in the story, in my opinion, 1 moreso than 2 - most of those chapters are still constructed well, actually, it's just that the concept of a guy who is up until then a random magi apprentice besting the most powerful demon in the Fade and using impromptu blood magic to freeze the outside of an entire tower and then kill a hundred thousand darkspawn ... feats of that level out of the blue stretch my SoD a little bit. But the story improved by leaps and bounds from then on, and got stronger with every chapter. I love how it's emphasized of Amell's willingness to do anything, sacrifice everyone, to end the Blight, and the very insightful way you illustrated how exactly he constructed that facade of invulnerability. That, the introduction of darkspawn viewpoints, the 'skin a genlock face and wear it as a mask' thing ... those moments of desperate innovation are what make this fic shine.

Also the final fight with Morrigan was absolutely boss. Really redeems Shapeshifter's somewhat lacklustre performance in the game itself. I admit I am rather confused as to how Amell survived killing the Archdemon if he accidentally deleted Morrigan's god-fetus, but I suppose it's either that he missed the uterus by a good enough margin that the thing was still alive for long enough to attract the Old God's soul, or that his sheer power granted to him by the blood sacrifice overpowered that or something.

Either way, very nice job on this. I applaud you, it's one of the best Dragon Age fanfics I've found on the internet thus far.
Dantegrey chapter 7 . 5/24/2016
Brilliant, simply brilliant.
I am not a fan of sad and grim endings, but I hace to admit that i loved this story and the final and perfect Touch with the Great inquisitor
jsoon500 chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
I know it's been two years since this story ended, but I just want to say what great story this is! Going into this I wasn't sure about the writing style as it is mostly the protagonist recounting it in first person, but it really grew on me, and the tension throughout the story was palpable and real.

Just a question, who is the grand inquisitor? Is she someone we already know (Flemeth or Morrigan in disguise)? or someone else totally new? I'm dying to find out, and hoping that you'd send me a PM or something if you're still active here. Thanks!
Elven-in-name chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Wow. I can't even tell you how good this is. So dedicated, full of detzils. Also, the fact that this is revealing links with real world fantasy and lore, see demons and sins, stealing fire from the gods...and the fact that you're taking and expanding and making even more interesting my first and favorite Origin gets you bonus points of sympathy from me.
SLotH4 chapter 7 . 6/4/2015
Very well done. It was a little plodding at some points (finding the treaties), but very nicely done. His actions are monstrous, but his enemies more so.
Sameal-the-lost chapter 7 . 1/27/2015
well...that was fucking incredible.

More?
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
im intrigued by the character youve set up as the inquisitor, she's definetly got some ulterior motives going on...