Reviews for LEGACY: Marauder's Era
Luise chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
this fic is amazing! i'm so in love with ray already, and you managed to fit her in the canon in a pretty organic way. well, please post soon, can't wait for the nex chapter!
Luise chapter 29 . 8/30/2014
i can't understand why your fic does not have like, a million reviews, because i simply loved it! you write very well, and your way to mix your original character with the story turned out very organic. i already feel some love and protectiveness towards ray! please keep posting, and soon!
Live4dancing chapter 29 . 8/25/2014
Love this story!
Guest chapter 29 . 8/23/2014
Dear god I was gripping my screen when I was reading this; this is so good!

For your questions on songs to listen to while writing, I tend to choose songs that depict the style of the story. Like more electronic songs for sci-fi stories. Personally I like to listen to songs that would fit the story if it were a movie.
haaaftsfas chapter 29 . 8/22/2014
Oh man, intense ;) And your plot is a lot more thought out than a lot of peoples, so I wouldn't worry about it! Loved this chapter :)
Guest chapter 28 . 8/16/2014
Love love love this story! Question though, is Ray going to continue playing as Seeker? Because one, I remember James (according to canon) ending up with his name on a plaque as best Seeker at Hogwarts. So are you going to stick to canon?
haaaftsfas chapter 28 . 8/16/2014
Another great chapter! And don't worry, the best stories always seem to have the least reviews, for some reason! It's the multi-chapter Twilight fanfics that get hundreds of reviews, and they're generally not thought out and often a bit rubbish...I think you're a great writer! :) Can't wait for the next chapter :) x
haaaftsfas chapter 27 . 8/10/2014
Great chapter! Poor Lily though :( x
haaaftsfas chapter 25 . 8/2/2014
Sorry I haven't reviewed the last few chapters, I haven't had any internet for the last two weeks! Anyway, just caught up and I've really enjoyed them :) I especially loved that you added in some of McGonagall's back story, that was great :) x
StrawberryObsession chapter 22 . 7/21/2014
Aw, shucks! You give me too much credit (although I find your quip about Mr. Holmes simply hilarious because I just finished watching Sherlock on Netflix- It was fantastic) and give yourself far too little. Nevertheless, rest assured that I have not hacked your computer and am merely a fan of your work (and quite a big fan, at that). I completely, 120-percent agree with your analysis of Sirius' strength (although I will admit that when I wrote of strength, he was not the character I had in mind which is completely baffling in retrospect. I was thinking of her brother! How foolish I must have been- perhaps it can be blamed on my emotional state of mind...) and I look forward to seeing this development of strength in the other characters that you have hinted towards.

Most interesting (to me, of course) was your analysis of the girls' strengths. While I do find Lily to be very committed and stubborn and determined as you have so keenly put it, I feel as though it is important to remember to state that she is fiercely loyal to her friends and loved ones (which is not necessarily a Gryffindor trait, although many Gryffindors maintain this same attitude). I mean, one has to look no further than her (past) friendship with Severus. She never yielded to the demands of her Housemates and peers when they told her to drop him like a hot potato. She only ceased her friendship when it was clear that he was going down a path of his own choice and it was not one that she could approve of by association. This loyalty and care is apparent in this chapter as well (like when she had Remus check-up on Ray) but it can be misconstrued as pushy and nosy by those who are not familiar with her. I would love to look deeper into Alice's strength, but, alas, I am not as familiar with her (although I very much would like to be) as I am with Lily.

And I agree that Ray underestimates herself and her strength but I feel as though she is starting to come to terms with her... current inability to help others to degree that she wishes to. But that desire that you mentioned- now I think that she can go places with that. I think that it will start a fire in her soul and (added to the frustration of being helpless for her brother) she will start to commit herself to being stronger, to getting better, to being closer to being of use. I'm not sure if these acts will bring her any closer to being able to protect her loved ones (because sometimes, no matter how desperately hard you try, there are somethings you are just not capable of doing) but I hope that she will be able to, at the very least, be able to hold her own in duel.

Thanks again for showering me in your wonderful (and gratefully received) compliments and have the satisfaction of knowing that, as much as you claim to enjoy reading what I have written, I have enjoyed yours and then some :)

Looking forward to your next update!
StrawberryObsession chapter 21 . 7/17/2014
I can definitely see your point about Ray's flying. But in lieu of this chapter, of her brother's condition, I wonder if it will continue to help her- making her feel connected to her brother- or burden her because (in her grief-stricken mindset) why should she be able to partake in such revelry while her brother cannot?

And while your question is very, very good and did give me cause for consideration for a long while, I find myself asking one of my own: is it possible to gain strength and resolve, not by approaching challenges nor by undertaking and recovering from them, but by witnessing someone who knows of the dangers ahead continuing to face strife in order to stand up for what they believe in regardless? I am not sure, but I believe that there are countless ways in order for people to become strong. And I suppose another question that I hadn't thought of until you posed yours is what type of strength am I hoping Ray will draw from her experiences? There are all sorts of different types of strengths, but I am certain that whatever form her strength takes will be strong and true and perhaps righteous. At least, I hope it will be.

And I thank you for your kind compliment but I must impress upon you that the only reason I seem to be a good reader is because someone (and I mean you) has given me something good and intriguing and complex to read. If your characters did not have such depth, then I fear I would have very little to say about it. And, as you've probably noticed, I have quite a bit.

I did enjoy this chapter very much- especially Ray's disbelief in the hospital and subsequent despair. It was... heart-wrenching and I found myself echoing her sentiments (but that might be because between Ray's two siblings, her brother was undoubtedly my favorite). I am curious about the relationship Ray might (and most likely will) form with Andy and Ted; will it lead to a closer and stronger bond with Sirius? Or will he remain of little consequence to Ray?

I imagine that this experience will give her and Riley(?) a chance to grow closer and that gives me reason to believe that a part of a certain woman's prophetic claims (i.e. a bit of romance in Ray's future) will come to fruition... But I suspect only you know for certain. I am curious to see what will unfold, anything I have theorized or none of it at all, and I hope to be reading from you soon.
chris geo chapter 21 . 7/17/2014
OH MY GOD I ALMOST CRIED! WHY?! Y U DO THIS TO ME? I seriously thought it was gonna be a nice chapter and shes gonna talk with sirius for longer than five seconds BUT NOPE! YOU MISSY, HAD OTHER IDEAS! But other than that it was a really good chapter :3
haaaftsfas chapter 21 . 7/17/2014
Awww poor Ray! This was really well written, but heartbreaking :( I'm glad they both survived though...hmmm, vase of flowers and shining golden trophy cup? Not sure...but I wanna know! Good job, can't wait for more! :) x
StrawberryObsession chapter 20 . 7/16/2014
Hmm... I really like Ray; I just wish she would realize that she's great and stop feeling so gosh darn insecure! I mean, I get where she's coming from and it totally makes sense, but I wish that some of her friends would step up a bit and help her help herself (though I suppose none of the others would if they could and it isn't as though she's exactly open about herself, but still, y'know?). Perhaps this excellent game will boost her self-esteem? I feel as though she'll need it in the days to come...
haaaftsfas chapter 20 . 7/16/2014