Reviews for A Sunday
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 3/8
I just have to say something, but honestly I've been trying to think of exactly what to say for some time and I'm not sure I can do it justice.

This was a sad time in the show, and they "weren't brothers" as Sam put it, which is pretty much killing Dean. But the whole taking over Sam's body was killing Sam, and their relationship was pretty toxic at this point.

I like how the basketball game in the background was the glue that held everything else together, and that they were talking about that, but also about other stuff. And Dean is crashing, big-time. Hope big brother will pull out the upset and find a way to be the hero again. - my feels on that line! My feels!

wonderful author
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Suddenly realised I'd not read this when I was clearing old emails out of my email folders! So sorry it's taken me so long to read something so fantastic! Season 9 has been a difficult season to watch for so many reasons, and while I still wanted to punch Sam most of the way through your story, it was good to see things from his point of view. I'd kind of love to see this story written again from Dean's, though. I just kept thinking, for God's sake, Sam, get your head out of your butt and give your brother a hug! So not happening. And Sam's totally hypocritical for condemning Dean for giving everything to save him. Again. When Sam tried to do exactly the same thing in the time between seasons 3 and 4. He just wasn't particularly good at it.

It'll be interesting to see how Sam the 'co-worker / roommate / not brother' handles Dean's situation at the beginning of season 10...
cryptonomicon63 chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
how can anyone hate Dean!? He's at pieces this season, and as always, with the best intentions in mind and heart. It breaks mine...
Maz101 chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Ouch! This was a painful exploration of Sam's perspective - true to life though, in that internalised, reasoning, 'I'm-right-to-do-things-this-way' voice that we *all* hear in our own heads whenever we're faced with emotional stress. I cannot say I agree with it though! I'm fascinated by your description of this as a writing exercise because I *think* I see irony in some of your/sam's words, in the sunny brightness, the 'goodness', of Sam's new, self-aware routine and his self righteousness. Good job in describing his reasoning, even if his words and actions (or inaction) do little (IMHO of course!) to win much sympathy. I find it interesting that good writing (yours and others) of Sam at this point just portrays him worse the longer it goes on - even with 'spin', I find he comes out of this poorly. *Muses*...I wonder if this is what you were going for... This season has been hard to love on many levels but I guess the fact we are all so engaged with, have been so polarised by, this 'who's right/who's wronged' debate shows it may have hit on something after all.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Very nice job, especially to punch it out in a day! Thought you did a great job capturing both brothers (I'm bi-bro, so know nothing about Dean!hate or Sam!hate-I suspect both are pretty prevalent these days.)

Just for the record, it's the Stanford Cardinal (singular).

Thanks for sharing!
Lbdba chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
That was so good it made me sad. Very well written. I'm a Dean girl (although I love both of them) and I'm looking forward to the day when they finally are back to being brothers, which I have faith will happen, whether it be the end of this season or in season 10. I'm really enjoying this season and the reason may seem crazy to you but I really love what Dean is going through and I think it is because it brings so much emotion. I love any show that can cause so much angst/sadness, anger, smiles/laughter, excitement and this does it all. :) Your story caused me great sadness, but in a good way. Keep up the great work!

Corina
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Wow, this was so sad...just like this season...
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Like this story a lot. :)