Reviews for The Takeover
moonwatcher13 chapter 17 . 3/13
I kinda skimmed over your warning at the top of the chapter when i read this. I'm in the middle of a group of friends, and almost choked when i got to the later part. Now apparently my face is red as a fucking tomato and i can't stop awkwardly coughing. Learned my lesson there.

I'm happy that Anna's mother is at least trying to be supportive now of all times, when her daughter needs her most. I definitely understand the pain of your family exiling you, not something i would want anybody to go through.

Can't wait to see what happens from here. A storm is rising, a dark and terrible cloud
moonwatcher13 chapter 13 . 3/13
God, their lives are miserable. Just give them a good day once in a while. One without all the self-loathing, death threats or anything else.
moonwatcher13 chapter 12 . 3/13
This chapter was hard to read, especially the slap. I couldn't imagine just walking out like Anna did, though i have wanted to god knows how many times. Anyway, i love this story so far. Part of my wishes i had found it sooner, but a bigger part of me is happy i'm not even half way through it yet. I like how pretty much everybody is in some way flawed, but they found a way to support each other so it works. Its truly heart-warming.
Noxtion chapter 7 . 3/6
Elsa in a Dropkick shirt, be still my beating heart! Like a perfect naughty dream.
mpsantiago chapter 23 . 3/5
If you’ve read many of the popular Elsanna AU fics then you’re familiar with the story arc that parallels the movie – Elsa is withdrawn and avoids social contact, and no one, including Anna, really knows why. Anna is outgoing and through perseverance and perhaps sacrifice helps Elsa overcome her anxiety and by the end wins her over. An Elsanna AU story may ostensibly be about something else but at its core it’s about the evolving relationship between Anna and Elsa.

‘The Takeover’ doesn’t follow this narrative. Despite some quirks Elsa is pretty normal, and she and Anna are already a couple by the early chapters. The focus of the story appears to be on the drama going on with the law firm. So if you’re looking for an Elsanna AU story that follows Frozen’s primary theme (like ASIS, r9k:EIS, AS:PA, You Are, Stolen Ice, etc.) you may be disappointed with The Takeover.
kkattapiya chapter 22 . 2/10
Dude. That imgur album, dude. DUDE. Thanks!
Aww, no chapter : ( But now worries and good luck on your school work!
kkattapiya chapter 11 . 2/4
I was planning on only reviewing after I read the latest chapter and damn that's hard to accomplish because cats. There are cats in this fic and they are important and now this? I don't want to go to university! I wanna keep readiNNNNG!
Wandering Quill chapter 24 . 2/2
Especially for people who don't have a Tumblr, where the majority of the discussion yesterday happened, it would be wise to inform then before they launch their own uninformed crusade against Critics United. For anyone who wants the truth, I left a review explaining everything over on the fic, "Rudimentary Photography" by Elsa the Ice Biotic. Since it's so long and I'm on mobile, I can't post it over here as well. Maybe later when I'm on my laptop.

But for now, I urge everyone to read my explanation in my review on that fic. As far as we know, only A Date With the Drum Major and 2 smaller fics are gone. It is not clear why Drum Major was pulled, and the author has yet to respond to anything. SO PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING RASHLY TO PROVOKE CU, AND PLEASE READ MY EXPLANATION SO YOU'LL HAVE YOUR INFORMATION.
The Wandering Quill chapter 24 . 2/2
I posted this as a review on another fic, but I really don't want people to be misinformed, so here's a copy of what I said (a lot of fics aren't being taken down; it was just A Date With the Drum Major):

Here's the truth: as of now, So Into You is the only Elsanna fic being threatened by these people. That's what initially brought people's attention to Critics United and their pretentious crusade against fics that they see as 'violating' submission guidelines. They'll leave reviews warning you about violations, and they'll post a link to your fic on their forum for the other members to look at while noting down progress on their 'negotiations' with you. Three reviews is the max they're willing to go or else it would come across as "bullying/harassing the author", and after that (or when you block them/refuse to do as they say), I assume they'll report your fic en masse to the admins. Considering how there are at least 8 of them, receiving 8 reports about the same fic, just...yeah, it probably wouldn't end well. They'll also publicly post your PM response to them on their forum to ridicule you, which is in itself a violation of user privacy.

So while admins are content to look the other way, these people are taking it upon themselves to report fics. For Elsanna, most of the really good fics are rated M, and according to these people, having explicit sex scenes is considered MA. Right there, you have Anna Summers, PA, Stolen Ice, the cake fic, You Are, and many others already at risk. I know Spooths/Schtoops confronted one of them earlier on their forum, and the response was that "many people view incest as MA, which is a violation of the guidelines". Fuck that shit. The guidelines state NOTHING about incest, and not all Elsanna fics have sex in them.

No one has been able to get a hold of A Date With the Drum Major's author, so we don't know the reason for it getting pulled. There were no sex scenes there as far as I remember, but considering it happened within a week or so after So Into You received threats, people assumed Critics United was the culprit...and I have my own suspicions towards them as well. But until we have confirmation from Drum Major's author, we really don't know. But those people are the prime suspects. And if too many people start harassing THEM in turn, it will only give them ammo to use against us. It's a situation that must be dealt with delicately, considering they could easily have a field day reporting our quality Elsanna fics if they come across them through US.

Long story short, Critics United is NOT targeting Elsanna fics but DOES have the potential to. As of now, it's best to wait and see, and to NOT engage them until Drum Major's author returns to clarify what happened. CU does NOT have the power to delete fics, but they DO have the power to report to the admins en masse. It's uncertain how the admins would respond, but odds are likely in their favor. They are NOT reporting fics just because they don't like them - as far as Elsanna is concerned, they'll report fics that have explicit sex scenes. Or in light of the response to Spooths/Schtoops, maybe just incestual Elsanna. Again, ONLY SO INTO YOU IS RECEIVING THREATS.

These people have shown that they are highly organized and committed to their ridiculous cause. They aren't your average trolls and possess enough foresight to cover their tracks as best as they can. The best way when conversing with them is to outwit them and to not allow them to use your words against you. If someone could hold out long enough, maybe one of them could slip. If that happens, someone would have to screencap the conversation before CU deletes it. From what I've found from other people wronged by CU over the past 2 years, they tend to delete posts regarding their censorship crusade.
kassdunn chapter 24 . 2/2
Yeah glad to know you have a backup! And take your time with the update, school is way more important ;)
aerithsephy chapter 24 . 2/2
You too? I read two more stories about that... If it's any consolation, there is something like Critics United for spanish fics too, and I have to say they're more flammers and worse than CU, I know it because I'm a part of them, not the flammer part, but the beta reader part.

And I saw a lot of writers cry and cry because those people pointed something wrong to their fics, and truth be told, some of them were badly written...

Don't worry, I'm sure yout story is kinda safe.

If this story is taken down, I'll follow you on AO3, because it'll be the only option for us who write about elsanna stuff...
Kyoko-nyaa chapter 24 . 2/2
Good luck with your thesis! :D
SuperMegaFoxyAwesomeCobraa chapter 24 . 2/2
Good to hear. This whole thing is so stupid.
Claire Cooper chapter 24 . 2/2
I am really starting to hate the admins on here, for letting those idiots take down the stories. Seriously can't people just leave it be.