Reviews for What Duchess Wanted
juju chapter 12 . 9/16
i really like this please put up a new chapter
I know an empty peanut butter jar isn't a very good place for all mirror-phones, but before we could use it, I HAD TO EAT ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER FIRST! And without a glass of milk, I might add.
Doesn't somebody have to clean up all the mess in the castleteria?
I have a question. Apple: "Yes?" Promise not to get mad? Apple: "Promise." If your story was supposed to go "poof" if Raven didn't sign, how am I talking to you, the daughter of the main character? Apple: "Okay. That's a good point."
Hey, everyone! Get ready to feel stupid for not seeing this coming! Who is the one person in this school who wasn't in the foodfight and that's not like her? Kitty Cheshire. "How'd you know it was me?" I grew suspicious when you only ate half your tuna sandwich. Why would you only eat half when double-tray tuna's your favorite? And what Cheshire Cat can resist a good foodfight?
Tardis Blue 13 chapter 12 . 5/5
We don't know who threw the first fries, but we DO know who DIDN'T do it. Cedar couldn't have done it because she can't lie. Apple and Raven couldn't have, because they came into the castleteria in the MIDDLE of the food fight. Cerise couldn't have thrown them because Maddie saw her at the Rebels' table. Kitty couldn't have, on account of she left lunch early to finish her tall-tale for Professor Nimble's class. Hunter couldn't have because he was… HEY! What a minute! Kitty, didn't you already turn in your tall-tale before lunchtime?… "No, I didn't!" Then how'd you know what Blondie yelled when she threw a salad? And how Daring got hit in the eye with a roll?
Actually, you're both wrong. I know who started it. Get ready to feel stupid for not seeing this coming. It was KITTY CHESHIRE. I heard a familiar giggle right before Briar screeched "Oh hex, no you didn't!" And Kitty, here's a hint: Next time you start a food fight, finish your lunch first! I knew you were up to something when you only ate half your sandwich.
Pysco-babydoll chapter 6 . 3/11
Alistair has a crush on bunny
Lady Elvira chapter 12 . 12/8/2014
Oh, I am absolutely fond with this fanfiction. What a brilliant implementation! Instead of deciding to go with the original living-ever-so-happily-ever-after series, you've decided to put your own atmosphere in there; namely drama, angst and an awfully suitable amount of profoundness.
Frankly, I really like this alternation. It does not only suit Duchesse perfectly but does its own to cast a spell over the reader - which would be me :)
I couldn't help myself to share the thrill with Duchess; her fear for her existence and her desire to want to change it forever. Her resulting depression is really moving and I really like how detailed you've conveyed her inner thoughts; it gets just more than understandable this way. What is nagging on me, though: If she will die anyway, why isn't she going to risk rebelling against the pledge? Is it her fear of death that keeps her at bay from any rebellious thoughts?
However, I am quite fascinated with how you did portray the characters. As I have pointed out before, it is rather fitting that you've decided to let them mature a bit: Being confronted with their destiny and the sudden "poof" that might follow if they step on the wrong path, or, as the "normal" alternation would be, consume alcohol and let themselves floating in some sort of lewdness. You didn't let yourself getting blinded by the ever-so-charming airs and graces of the Royals and more then once I found myself agreeing on your opinion concerning this or that character. Thereby, I find it quite interesting that you've decided to take Faybelle Thorn on board. We might have not seen her on screen till now (haven't we?) but your portrayal of her appears quite interesting to me, nonetheless.
Considering the affectations I find it really remarkable what you did to Daring Charming! I've noticed more than once how he abandoned Apple in the series to flirt with other girls even though he is supposed to be HER happily-ever-after. So it is really entertaining how you revealed his true intentions - he absolutely deserved this broken nose. Unfortunately, Apple didn't seem to think like that. Overall, she seems to be the most perfect Mary-Sue ever. But that is just her being Apple. No big deal. And then again, I am impressed how you make her gain more character depth. Her reaction to the Legacy Day was really ... well, exciting.
Speaking of Legacy Day: You pointed out some really valid points in there. That the students are going to give up their free will, for example, when they are deciding to follow their parents' destiny. Moreover, you portrayed this concept quite educational. Of course, Lizzie Hearts wouldn't want to be a cruel monster and OF FAIRY COURSE Daring would never stop his vanity. Furthermore, I'm delighted to see how many regards you took to the huge amount of legends and stories around, for e.g. the idea, that the daughter of the witch doesn't want to eat innocent children. That's a really thoughtful point - nobody would have want THAT for their future.
Either way, you've managed to portray the fight between Royals and Rebels, the fight between the students and their destinys in a very credible way, resulting in me getting even more attached to that kind of fantasy stuff.
The more I read, the more I came to like this fanfiction. Surely, there were parts that were as depressing I could barely bring myself NOT to cry with Duchess but then again, I consider her relationship to Sparrow Hood as a new OTP of mine. It is just lovely how the two of them are interacting with each other. It gets obvious that he is completely into her; hopefully she will realize this soon. He even tell her directly in the face that he missed her those weeks she wasn't present; we didn't get that much from Lizzie and Co, even though Lizzie's her room-mate!
It is a really nice fact though, that you didn't let Duchess get all the lime-light - although it is her story in the first place. Yet it is also nice to see people like Maddie, Cedar or even Cerise make a short appearance. I really enjoy what you did with Cerise: Turning the rather "shy" girl into one with a dry, sarcastic humour. Also Briar being the biggest party girl ever-after isn't as bad, however, I couldn't find myself completely agreeing to her attitude considering her destiny. Why isn't she doubting it? At least in the slightest? Sleeping for one-hundred years and being all alone in the end - is that really something that is worth to strive for?
Anyway, I do still have some questions left: Sparrow is one year older than Duchess and you've mentioned that he is already done with Ever After High and now on his own. Why is he back at the school, then? That part kinda confused me.
And as glad I was to find some regard to some actual episodes in the later chapters, I was a bit taken aback when you speak of Duchess wanting to claim Ashlynn's Happily Ever After for her own. Don't get me wrong, that's a promising idea and suits her character well but why letting it vanish so quickly for the benefit of Evie's secrets? Which, by the way, were really amazing! I cannot wait to read more!
There are so many questions left: Why didn't Duchess want Raven to know about Evie's diary? How will you decide to display Apple's obsession considering her fate? Will you give Raven a more "evil" side? And will you mention the latest outcome with the Story Book of Legends? What did Odette write to her daughter earlier that upset Duchesse so greatly? And will Duchess be able to hold up her own against all this pressure?
You mentioned some chapter ago that you are sticking to the PG version of Swan Lake. Care to explain this for me a little further? Duchesse is still destined to die, isn't she? Or is the choice of death up between her and her Prince Charming?
What a captivating story! I am h-expecting a new chapter as soon as possible! Hopefully you'll be able to upload the next chapter as soon as possible!

With the warmest of wishes,
starkidbandersnatch chapter 12 . 11/22/2014
I'm trying my best not to pester you with requests to update
Unconditionally-Bademancer chapter 12 . 11/15/2014
Why do you do this to me?
Please, please, please...

Update ! I need you carry on this impressive story
Suhela chapter 11 . 9/3/2014
i love your story so much! 3 Please update soon hon! or at least let us know if you'll discontinue it (which i really hope is not the case) D':
Violet Sayomi chapter 12 . 8/31/2014
I'm really enjoying this story please update it!