Reviews for Let Go
Rosie chapter 14 . 12/29/2016
So I've been rereading a bunch of CSI fic along with rewatching the show. Found this through some convoluted routes as I tend to stick with archiveofourown and this one isn't on there. Really glad I came across this and I've just read the whole thing instead of going to sleep. I love the more complex approach to Nick dealing, or not, with his feelings. Greg is not a pushover either and stands up for himself while still feeling tgat emotional pain. I did think for a bit that Nick had lost his chance, but you resolved it in a believable and in character way. No cheap workarounds. Thanks for writing this, as well as your other work. I hope you consider moving this to AO3 sometime. All the best!
A.Remington chapter 14 . 2/26/2016
Brilliant, very suspenseful, you really had me wondering for a minute there how they'd end up but it was a great ending. The only thing I would say, as far a any constructive criticism, is that I would've liked a Greg/Ian breakup scene, especially since they had two breakups but still a very good story, thank you. :)
Shadow315 chapter 14 . 8/17/2015
Awwww!
Rori Potter chapter 14 . 4/15/2015
Amazing story!
Edelau chapter 14 . 10/14/2014
That was great. So good scenes. So realistic and well work the emotions of the characters. You've completely caught me in the story. And even being 14 chaps... I found it shoooort! ¡_¡ Thank you for sharing, that was a great story! LOVE IT! It goes straight to my favourites! ;) And I was wondering if I could have your permission to translate it into Spanish, please? Cheers! Ed
Marvin Fletcher chapter 14 . 8/5/2014
Awwww, it's great that Nick decided to come out to Warrick. He certainly took his time though! I think Warrick would have every right to feel offended that Nick didn't tell him before; that Nick was unsure how he'd react. But then I remember when my friend came out to me by text message - I didn't pick it up straight away, so by the time I got to my phone and saw it there was a whole series of increasingly frantic texts. I could've been offended that she thought I'd taken the news badly (she knows me better than that), but she was so bloody relieved I hadn't 'disowned' her, I didn't have the heart to get cross! I'm glad that Greg got Nick to a point where he was able to talk to Warrick about their relationship. And I loved this line: "Because that was what Nick did now, talked about his feelings, instead of keeping them inside until they ate away at him".

Thank you so much for sharing this - I've really enjoyed reading it. Until the next time! :) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 13 . 8/4/2014
Hello, it's me again! Well, it took him long enough, but I'm so glad that Nick finally, FINALLY pulls himself together in this chapter: "perhaps it was time for Nick to stop worrying about it and start living in the moment." Yes Nick! And: "they were together, they were alive, and did it really matter who else had been in this bed when Nick was the one in it now?" Exactly!

I was holding my breath at the end, waiting to see what Greg was going to do... And now I've got a big happy smile! Thanks again for this! :D x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 12 . 6/23/2014
It's only on reading this chapter that I realise I haven't yet made any comment on the casefile aspect of this fic. Oops! It was an interesting conclusion to the case - I didn't see it coming.

I'd actually forgotten just how creepy Nigel Crane was. Poor Greg seemed a little bit traumatised there. I hope he's ok. Anyway, I'm glad they seem to be working things out now. Nick had better not mess it up! ;) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
What a great chapter! I think this part hit the nail on the head: "Nick wondered what it would feel like to love someone that much. So much that if they died, he wasn't sure how he would be able to go on. It was terrifying to imagine needing someone that much." This is probably the real root of Nick's issues, isn't it? He's too afraid to let go and expose himself to being that vulnerable.

I must confess, I was cheering Nick on when he finally realised what he was missing out on by not being with Greg. But then he grabbed his keys and, at four beers in, that's probably not such a good idea. Nor is turning up on Greg's doorstep exuding aggression and reeking of alcohol... I'm actually glad Greg cut him off before he really got started. Nick's behaviour towards him has been appalling, and I would have lost all respect for Greg if he had just let Nick back in. It was Nick who refused to answer his calls, Nick who wouldn't talk to him and Nick who practically tried to ignore the fact he even existed. Greg doesn't owe Nick anything - he's had his chances and he doesn't deserve any more. (Although, obviously, I hope he gets one - eventually!)

I also found this part really interesting: "Nick wasn't a bad guy, he was just a guy that had made a mistake. He just needed Greg to understand that, he just needed more time to find the words." Sometimes Nick isn't very good with words, is he? And saying he's sorry just isn't going to cut it. He really needs to lay himself bare and let Greg see him as he is, warts and all. He's going to have to work hard to show Greg he's worth another chance, whilst also being prepared to accept that Greg may still choose to reject him. I just find it so ironic that Nick finally realises he needs time to find the right words for Greg, as he's standing outside Greg's house, half-cut and displaying physical aggression (again!) after rushing over there on the spur of the moment. "Impulse control" Nick, you should try it sometime.

Thanks again for posting this here, and I'll shut up now! ;) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 10 . 5/26/2014
Awww, the part with the green mug is kind of heart-wrenching. I do actually have some sympathy for Nick in all this, but the way he's been treating Greg is disgraceful. At the very least he could apologise to Greg for acting like such an idiot. I'm getting a bad feeling about the whole Nigel Crane thing :/ I'm a little bit scared to read the next chapter!

Thanks again for sharing this. I'm going to work up some courage to see me through the next chapter! :) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 9 . 5/26/2014
Nick is being such a child. Greg was honest with him from the start and Nick only made a move because he didn't want Ian to have Greg. But now he doesn't want him either (well, you know - he *wants* him, but he still doesn't *want* to want him!) He should man up and tell Greg about his feelings for him, but be honest with both Greg and himself and admit he's not ready for a relationship with ANYONE until he's dealt with his "issues". Maybe Greg would wait for him, maybe he wouldn't. At least he'd be informed enough to be able to make a decision instead of just writing Nick off as a selfish idiot.

I liked the way you described Sara's range of "serious" expressions. And the way she's so supportive of Greg is wonderful. Seeing as she's not the most perceptive person in the world when it comes to emotions, it really shows how much she cares for him. I'm glad Nick's scared of her, because he should be! This line was great: "He felt as if he were balancing precariously on a cliff, waiting for her to say something and push him right into the abyss". It captures his unease perfectly. I hope that overheard conversation at the end brings him to his senses!
Cirinde Palantir chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Damn I read this just in one time. All the chapters, all at once. It was so good, I know you write perfect stories and this was one of them. Makes me ship Grokes even more... I couldn't bare the moments they weren't together but I knew you would fix it. I can't explain how much I loved it, wow. Perfect and sweet.
Marvin Fletcher chapter 8 . 5/20/2014
The bus crash episode was great, wasn't it? It's one of my favourites. But Nick is so out of order in this chapter. He's disrespectful of Greg and his feelings, and I can't help but wonder how much more of his crap Greg will be willing to put up with. I'm guessing the answer is "not much". Yes, he tried to patch things up with him on the roof, but running off in a panic after Sara "didn't see anything" is pretty juvenile behaviour. (I loved Sara in this chapter, by the way. The way she practically STARED Nick out of the lab was brilliant!) I understand that Nick's got issues, but it's no excuse for treating Greg like that. Maybe Sara should take Nick to one side and have "the talk" with him (you know, the "hurt my friend and I'll kill you" talk!)

I'm hoping Nick's thoughts when he was talking to the girl in the hospital aren't a sign of things to come. But what if "weird Nick" decides he wants a Greg of his own?! It doesn't bear thinking about :/

Thank you once again for sharing this here. It's nice to know I've got a few more chapters left to enjoy - you've saved me from the chore of searching for something to read when I get a bit of spare time. Less time searching more time reading! :) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 7 . 5/20/2014
So, Nick's a bit of a neat freak? I'm glad he'll never get near my house - if he gets annoyed about a half empty coffee cup, he'd have a full on panic attack if he came round here...! I like how Greg can read him though, when he's trying to figure out if Greg's friend is a "threat", and cuts straight to the point. It's like Nick's still so insecure about what's going on between them, he can't just come out (so to speak!) and *ask* Greg what he wants to know.

Omg, my stomach dropped when I read the last part! STAY AWAY FROM THE WEIRD MAN GREG! I'm scared to read the next chapter now, but I want to know what happens! I'm not sure I can resist...
Marvin Fletcher chapter 6 . 5/13/2014
Nick really is a mess, isn't he?! He can't even handle the *idea* of being in a relationship. He hasn't got a problem with being physically intimate in a sexual way, but he's so closed off emotionally - he can't let anyone in. Does he actually WANT to be in a relationship with Greg? He's even got me confused now. One minute he's practically having a breakdown just because he bought Greg a breakfast burrito, and then the next he's fantasizing about taking him to Costa Rica! The part at the end, where he isn't sure if he's "allowed" to touch Greg in a non-sexual way, is heartbreakingly sad; it almost seems as if no-one's ever loved him before. Poor Nick :'(

This bit of Greg's conversation with Lindsey made me laugh:
"What do you do?"
"Lab stuff."
Nice one Greg! And he is DEFINITELY cooler than Warrick and Nick combined ;)

I'm surprised you haven't had more reviews for this story - it's really well written and I'm enjoying reading it. Thanks again for keeping me entertained! I'll try to catch up with the rest soon :) x