Reviews for Let Go
Guest chapter 13 . 5/10/2014
Great chapter.. don't end it.
Marvin Fletcher chapter 5 . 5/7/2014
This just keeps on getting better! I really liked how the first part built up, from the hospital scene to Nick eventually cornering Greg in the lab. I don't think Nick would've acted like that under normal circumstances, but all those little things over the course of the day finally pushed him into action. Then, of course, he started wondering what the hell he'd done once he calmed down! I can't tell you how glad I am that Greg made sure Nick knew he wouldn't hang around waiting for him, or be his dirty little secret. From Greg's meek behaviour in the lab scene, I was a bit worried he was just going give in and put up with Nick flipping between hot and cold with him. (I think Nick's unexpected alpha-male aggression must have taken him by surprise there and it took him a while to recover!)

I also like how you've incorporated details from some of the cases they worked on - that's a nice touch. And I'm guessing the "as if he were some kind of crazed, infatuated stalker" line is perhaps a hint of things to come?! I get the impression Nick still has some issues to sort out (mostly in his head) so I hope he manages to do that without letting Greg down.

*Special mention for the appearance of Nick's glasses* (Whatever happened to those?! He wore them once or twice, then they completely disappeared. I blame laser eye surgery...) Thanks again for another enjoyable chapter! :) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 4 . 5/2/2014
Ok, firstly, I truly believe there should be a warning in place if Nick or Greg are going to be wearing each other's clothes because I need to mentally prepare myself beforehand... But I suppose that would spoil the surprise, so I'll just have to deal with dissolving into a pile of incoherent mush from time to time! Secondly, Nick better sort his head out pretty quickly and stop tying himself up in knots about his feelings. He's so confused that he doesn't even realise what he must be doing to poor Greg. I hope he comes to his senses soon; no matter how much he assures himself his anger at seeing Greg with Ian is due to Greg's lack of professionalism (yes Nick, you're just concerned about maintaining the integrity of the Department and you are in no way jealous. No, not at all...!) there's no way to account for sniffing a worn-once t-shirt to catch a whiff of another man's scent other than YOU WANT HIM! I only hope Greg's willing to give him another chance. :/

Thanks again for another good read. Oh, and Greg's nervous babbling whilst he washed the cups was adorable! :) x
Jowaco chapter 11 . 4/29/2014
This is a very good read. I like how you've captured the personality of the characters, looking forward to reading more.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/27/2014
Another great chapter. This story is good enough to read again and again. Thank you.
Marvin Fletcher chapter 3 . 4/26/2014
Ooooh, interesting chapter! Seems like Greg pretty much laid all his cards on the table by the end and Nick... Well, Nick is still refusing to even play the game. I'm not sure about Ian; he seems to have a bit of a predatory vibe about him. Or maybe I just don't like him because only Nick should look at Greg like that!

This part gave me the shivers: "He was covered in sand and sweat and whatever else had stuck to his skin, not to mention the bug bites marring his arms and neck. He nearly felt like he had been the one that had been dug out of a grave." Oh Nick, if only you knew what the future holds... :'(

Thanks for another great chapter. I'll no doubt be reading the next one fairly soon! :) x
KimVaughan chapter 8 . 4/22/2014
I LOVE THIS STORY!
Marvin Fletcher chapter 2 . 4/20/2014
I really love how you've got inside Nick's head. He's so desperate to gain Grissom's approval, to please him, that he just can't stop himself from reverting to child mode and deflecting the blame where his own short-comings are concerned. Come on Nick, you got the worst assignment because you were late, not because Warrick's the "favourite". Don't be a drama queen. He DOES know though, doesn't he. He just can't bear to admit it, even to himself. And then there was the flirting... oh, the flirting! That whole scene with Greg eating the yogurt was just perfect, from Nick's initial jealousy of Sara (how DARE she make Greg laugh!) to Greg's indication of how far down his pile Nick's samples would be (what's it worth Nick?!) Loved it!

I would say that I can't believe how dense Nick is being about Greg, except I can believe it, because he's Nick Stokes and he has a bottomless pot of denial, which he douses himself with on a daily basis. I liked the fact Greg called him out on it when he said "If you're so busy, and you have so many things to do, what are you always doing wasting so much time in my lab talking to me?" Yes, why IS that Nick? Hmm?!

This was great; I really enjoyed reading this chapter. Glad there are still a few more for me to read! Thanks again for writing this and sharing it :) x
Marvin Fletcher chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Ohhh season 2 was great, wasn't it?! So much flirty! It's just not the same anymore :(

I think you've got Nick's character spot on here. I like how he's conflicted about his feelings for Greg, or rather, whether he wants Greg to feel the same way or not. He's almost deluding himself; his apparent resolve not to act on these feelings is undermined by his uncertainty about the motive behind Greg's flirting. If he's not going to do anything about it, what does it matter how Greg truly feels? His subconscious knows the truth! And I thought this line was lovely: "those rare moments when his anger and frustrations dangerously bubbled up inside of him until they exploded out of him like twisting the cap off of a shaken soda bottle."

Thanks so much for writing this and sharing it here! I look forward to reading the rest, but I'm going to save the next chapter until tomorrow. I want to spread it out so I can savour it more... ;) x
Guest chapter 8 . 4/16/2014
I am enjoying this. I'm so surprised that you don't have more reviews. Keep up the great work.
Sandy chapter 6 . 4/11/2014
This chapter is really great. I love when Nick and Greg lay on the bed and Nick holds in his arms Greg, it is cute and the end of chapter was adorable.

You write incredibly, I can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 4 . 4/3/2014
You are doing a great job. Keep it up. Enjoying the story.
Of Chaos and Mischief chapter 4 . 4/3/2014
I like where this is going though Ian Reed smells fishy to me. As always, characterization is on point. Can't wait for more
janet1982 chapter 2 . 3/25/2014