Reviews for The Heavy Music Club
broomcloud chapter 5 . 6/16/2015
Okay, I saw the name of the chapter and I just have to say it...I can't help it...just... 'S-SUP MUGI.
I'm sorry, now I feel so dirty and lewd! Actually, I've never even read that doujin. But the fact that I know it exists sorta makes me feel bad. Anyway.
I'm glad this story exists. You're a master at characters into situations they wouldn't normally be in and yet keeping them in-character. The fact that your own life experience comes into play makes the whole thing feel very genuine too. A lot of it doesn't feel quite right in a Japanese setting, but that's part of what makes it funny.
I've got to question your taste a bit though - you really don't like Jun? I personally find her adorable, lacking in the moeblob factor while still remaining cute. Still, I suppose the fact that you like Mugi enough to make her the protagonist is enough for me.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/3/2015
I literally cheered when I got the notification that this was posted. I love this story, so funny and interesting. I love your writing style and the way you write the characters. My favourite fanfic, please never stop writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
When I saw your summary I was like heavy scissor sword, there has to be some kill la kill characters in there
VinnyValient chapter 4 . 9/8/2014
That concert- music has never been so exciting and good and hilarious; and that was just in writing.

I'm always astounded when I read your work. I relate to Mugi a lot (minus the rich, the Scizzor-chan, Pickles and probably everything...) so everything seems crazy and wild to me. Which makes it a whole lot of fun.
jeremiah denzel chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
This one of the funniest and enjoyable k-on fanfictions i have read. You have a very nice writing style and i really enjoy your work, keep up the good work.
broomcloud chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
I just finished rereading Mikyuki, Thespian Extraordinaire (which you probably don't intend to continue, though I sincerely hope you'll get around to it) so the beginning of this got me all confused and confused her with Mugi. Is Tsumugi secretly evil too? She seems suspiciously Miyuki-y in this chapter. The supporting characters are kind of mixed; Ritsu and Yui are good comic relief as always but Mio and Azusa don't add anything to the story, but I guess they have to be there even if they serve no purpose because they're main characters and whatnot.
Line cooks? Something tells me this part-time job of hers is coming from personal experience. I hope it's not as bad in real life as it will no doubt be for Mugi.
broomcloud chapter 2 . 8/6/2014
Just as good as the last chapter. I giggled like an idiot several times reading this. What can I say? Keep doing what you're doing, because it's working. Even if I don't get half the references.
Aleryx chapter 3 . 7/24/2014
Nerrrrrrrrrd.
broomcloud chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Man, I really missed your Mugi stories! I love the way you portray her, and how you tend to make the K-on universe a little darker and more screwed-up, like Mr. Kotobuki's shady business affairs and Mugi having some, er, questionable knowledge. I didn't understand many of the references except the ones relating to your past fics but it was still interesting and funny. I have noticed in the past that Ryuko's scissor-sword seems a bit unwieldy...
Fleija chapter 2 . 5/18/2014
Quite amusing! Especially the parts about the Mountain Dew and Scissor-chan. Scissor-chan is the best and most amazing -chan.
Pannthour chapter 2 . 4/4/2014
Love all the references!

I'm bad at Touhou too. Though seeing it referenced made me think of an idea for a K-On!/Touhou crossover where the girls are Youkai or something along those lines.

:D
VinnyValient chapter 2 . 4/1/2014
This is the first piece that I've read of yours, and whilst I don't understand quite a lot of the references, it only makes me want to read all of your fan fictions (unfortunately, that'll have to wait since I have exams coming up:/)
It's a really fun read and Mugi is awesome! I'm really curious about where Scissor-chan is from (the name is... interesting?)
Guest chapter 2 . 3/29/2014
holaa n-n (hablo español) tu fanfic esta buenisimo me encanta especialmente porque tiene las 2 cosas que mas me gustan, las cosas ''nerd'' y metal lml- continualo pronto porfavor. Mugi-chan y su inocencia me matan, ademas de scissor-chan y sus destrozos xDDD Las referencias que haces le dan estilo al fanfic y me emocionan cuando las conozco. Sigue asi y gracias por escribir tanto tiempo fanfics, aunque podrias tratar de traducir algunos al español para que en latinoamerica tan bien los podamos leer, ya que ese es uno de los mayores problemas de los fanfic para nosotros ya que por el idioma no podemos acceder a muchos, gracias nuevamente y chaosu n-n
stealthmomo chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
You know, I really want to stay mad at you, but you make it really hard when you write fucking great stories like this. I have to say first off one of the biggest things I've always loved about your K-ON stories is the way you handle Tsumugi. I may be in the minority here, but she is my favorite cast member (and quite likely is yours as well, considering how much love and great dialogue you give her).

Well this is going to become a fun romp. I see absolutely no problem in referring to your old fics. Wink and a nudge. I also celebrate the return of Pickles, the cat. He does get around.

Mugi gets excited over the most mundane things, and hilariously misunderstands almost every aspect of relating with other people. Now it's like that in the show, but you turn it up to 11. So anyway another great story, another good job, and I'm glad to hear that you have decided to try and stop being a douche bag. Win win in my book. _

Anyhow really enjoyable. Looking forward to the rest. peacepeace,
'momo
Redlerred7 chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Do you, perchance, watch kill la kill? anyway, this was a nice chapter and I hope to see more