Reviews for Surrounded by Lunatics
I love it. It's very true to plot yet clever and new.
ThomE.Gemcity-06 chapter 1 . 4/14
Aramis, Porthos and Athos do sound a bit insane, I can't blame d'Artagnan for his worry. Pretty great writing, I always love some whump! I hope you keep writing for The Musketeers, I would love to read them. :)
Luzith chapter 1 . 4/6
Great little snippet!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 1/21
interesting ;-)
don't think d'art will change his opinion though ;-)
lillelouis chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Awesome :)
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Very much enjoyed reading that. A lot. Can easily imagine this happening in the show, especially after episode three, when Bonnaire asks for time with his wife and D'Artagnan says, "You must think we're really stupid" and the other three all shrug and he adds, "Terribly sorry, apparently we are."
Yep, have watched this show way too many times.
kittykatTim chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Wonderful. loved the action and the gore. their characterizations are great as well.
The Phantom Dragon chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
ha ha Aramis and Porthos are going to be the death of each other
Edhla chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Hiya :) I'm not familiar with the TV show, but I'm basically familiar with the concept of the Musketeers and am a big fan of bromantic whump, so there's that :D

The thing that I first notice about this is the tense it's written in, which struck me as odd, but it's possibly because I'm just not used to present-tense action.

The back and forth banter between the guys is fun and bounces well, mingling nicely with a bit of authorial snark (like clarifying that d'Artagnan's dislike of waking tied up stems from precisely one incident.)

That said, I found this part to be very stark and lacking in detail - the dialogue is good, but there's nothing else for lines and lines except dialogue tags to indicate who's speaking. I can't really picture where they are, what they're doing, what they sound like, what they're thinking, the details of the situation, etc...? I feel that a bit of embroidery (as it goes) here would really bring this section to life.

I like "drop like a rock" and the violence implied, and the (if anything) initial underreaction Athos has. This part is, of course, meant to be fast-paced, but I felt it may also be a little underdetailed; perhaps details like how and whom Aramis is fighting, etc? Porthos "making it out" is dealt with in only a line or two, and I think this would be whumpier ( ;) ) if there was more of a challenge, more urgency and more difficulty getting d'Artagnan to safety and the lovely aaaaaaaaaaangst and whump that follows :)

A very minor correction - you've missed the final speech marks on "you'll be paying in the morning."

Lovely little give-and-take between Aramis and Porthos, ending on a rest rather than a beat. Enjoyed this one x
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Athos is the handsome one? Funny, most people seem to regard Aramis as the handsome one, and that's the way they seem to like it.
Archangel Samuel chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Love it! My favorite part was: "'Can't I just-you know.' Porthos punches his hand with his fist."
Hilarious image in my head. Plus the whumpage was quite nice. :)
ThorneofAcre chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Heh. I love your Aramis. And Athos was trying to sleep! :D God, these guys, they really are lunatics. I can totally see them reacting in such a way if they lose their badass-ness for some time and manage to get themselves kidnapped. :)
fariedragon chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Will their be a sequal? also how is d'Art after all of this? Does he get ill?
vahanian chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Good story, I really liked it. Will there be a sequel?
Rhesa chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Love it. Great balance of action and humour. Hope there is more soon