Reviews for The Greatest There Was or Ever Will Be
Simplesymbiote chapter 4 . 11/28
Samurai jack is my favorite tv show
The critic chapter 1 . 11/22
Incredible, I see very much potential in this story and wish to read on now.
Nice story. Can't wait for the next chapter
Speedyquader chapter 3 . 11/2
Unless something specific pops out at me from this chapter, this is most likely all I'll say in this review: You said yourself that a character isn't OP if there's a good explanation for it, and I do agree. The problem is, you don't really have a good explanation for his abnormal growth, except that he's the "Chosen One". Einstein? He had an IQ of about 165, if I remember correctly. Batman? 200ish. You have Ash Ketchum going through a slightly toned down version of what Batman likely went through to get to where he is, in less time, at a quarter of the age. Is there a better explanation for his ridiculous prowess in literally everything except his height? Because a gift from a legendary would suffice, except you only showed Ash getting gifts from Arceus, Mew, and Meloetta, none of which have anything to do with his mental and physical growth and fortitude. Also from last chapter: ten times a two and a half hour long workout will probably take more than twenty-five hours, just FYI.

... why the flying F**K does Ash have rock-hard muscles? He's TEN. Does the phrase "muscle-bound" mean anything to you? Ash isn't Gohan, or Goku. He can't train uber hard, get awesome muscles as a kid, and also expect to have good body develop normally throughout his teenage , I don't think that Ash would really be able to grieve over his absent father at 5 or 10 years old, at least not as concretely as you depict him. Mind you, I most certainly am not an expert in any of these things I've mentioned in my reviews, so I dunno if you want to take them with a grain of salt or not.

... does being a Pokemon Researcher in Training get Ash any perks, or what? Increased clearance, access rights to data, increased Pokemon carrying capacity? Anything?

... Look! A wild DBZ fan appeared! DBZ fan used training weights! DBZ fan's Attack rose! DBZ fan's Speed fell!

... I'm not even going to question how the weights work, and assume they're similar to Pokeballs.
Speedyquader chapter 2 . 11/1
Dunno if my nitpicking bothers you at all, but here's some more XD: female Pichu don't actually have cleft tails, it's just Pikachu. And my goodness, I know you made him a prodigy-genius, but he's only 5! *makes exasperated noise* He wouldn't be able to keep Arceus a secret; his brain most likely isn't physically developed enough for that much self-restraint. Also, I don't think that a 10 year old would hey that much benefit from a physical training program: a human's muscles don't fully mature until late teens to early twenties, so someone wouldn't get that much benefit until puberty hit, which (according to stuff mentioned in chapter 1) won't hit until around the time he finds Jirachi. Also, just because a character lampshades something ridiculous, that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. *cough* Ash's intelligence *cough* ... what? I didn't say anything... getting back to the age thing, it's not likely he'd been able to stick to any sort of training regimen for any appreciable length of time. He's 5. ...I think his early physical development deserves more than just a vague handwave. Believe, I really do like this fanfic, and I can see that you probably did some research, but it IS a bit frustrating to read. ... aren't his arms a little short to be cooking skillfully? or at all? ... *facedesks* ... I'm just gonna stop going on about this, the martial arts is just too much. XP Gonna keep reading though, I want to see where this is headed, especially since this is on the Tvtropes rec page.
Speedyquader chapter 2 . 11/1
Two things, that probably seem a bit nitpicky: I don't think babies are structurally able to walk at 6 months, and I don't care how mature a 5 year old is, they won't think that 5 years isn't very long, for a very simple reason: that's how long they've existed total, so waiting that long again would seem like forever, especially since there's no way they can remember their entire life with picture-perfect clarity. I am looking the story, though.
Speedyquader chapter 1 . 11/1
Lol biggest Disc One Nuke ever: Arceus herself XP
Rosie Vulpes chapter 7 . 10/25
I love this. Literally the only thing I don't like is Giselle and that has nothing to do with your writing or the plot. I just don't like her as a character. And once I don't like something(or like something(characters, ships, shows)) I kind of latch on to that feeling, and it's very hard to let go of, even when someone(like you) makes her character and story very likable. I may never like her honestly. But I will try my best to get , passed that, at least enough to continue reading this and not get nauseous or feel the need to turn away when I see mentions of Giselle or her being pair with Ash.

Your writing is honestly amazing, as is the plot. Does this mean he'll capture every single Pokemon? Will he hatch any? What about Togepi?
Rosie Vulpes chapter 6 . 10/25
Well, I don't like Giselle much either so I can't really see if it's the flirting i don't like or the character. And he hasn't really been flirting with Misty. And she hasn't really been flirting with him either so she doesn't help.
Though with Giselle, I'll mostly be just ignoring her presence entirely, just to enjoy the rest of the story.

Wonder how Ash will train Dragonite? I don't mean the training itself, more toward finding enough space to train that big of a Dragonite. And food for said Dragonite. And using it in battle.
Rosie Vulpes chapter 5 . 10/25
Love this, but I can't help but feel the sisters are a bit...I can't find the word to describe it but it's to do with how strange it is for them to well like Ash and be attracted to him with the fact that Ash is ten. Or maybe that's my dislike of the 3 sensational sisters coming through. I'll guess I'll find out the next time you get a girl(or boy) to like and flirt with Ash(or for Ash to flirt with)
Derraj chapter 8 . 10/19
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ash catch a second Weedle at Melanie's place that then evolved into Kakuna around the same time his second Caterpie evolved into Metapod? It may be my imagination but I feel like you forgot about it.
Master of Dragons God chapter 11 . 10/18
Nice story so far
Master of Dragons God chapter 10 . 10/18
Awesome experience
Derraj chapter 3 . 10/18
I just thought that you should be made aware of a couple of small mistakes in this chapter. The first was when Professor Oak was describing the trainer page he said "personnel and professional" I think you meant "personal and professional". The other mistake is that both Mega Punch and Mega Kick are normal type moves not fighting type moves.
Master of Dragons God chapter 9 . 10/18