Reviews for Just Another Bad Dream
Lilybud chapter 1 . 8/26
Gosh, I love this so much! Both Raven and Beast Boy were perfectly in-character, as always. You're one of the VERY rare authors who writes them so well nothing comes up of OOC. Their conversation flowed flawlessly and succinctly. Beast Boy was the right amount of persistent, childish, and yet surprisingly sensitive, while Raven never revealed too much. I was reading a interview from one of the creators of TT, who insisted that Raven shouldn't talk to much because she doesn't reveal her feelings unless forced (which Beast Boy is an expert at, it seems). So many authors seem to discard this trait, but you don't. Instead of making long, drawn out insults, she's just brusque and afraid, and it makes her sound so RAVEN. Hearing Beast Boy's was a good laugh before the waterworks start from Raven's. People write about her nightmares pretty often, but you went into gruesome detail, like stopping Starfire's heart and crushing Beast Boy. Him throwing pie-ha, MUCH more interesting than some deep, woeful speech right off the bat. A few typos, such as [in vein] rather than 'in vain,' but the quality overall still excellent! I enjoyed this story thoroughly, and thank you for writing it!
um.something chapter 1 . 8/8
Beast Boy always seems to fix things with a prank, or just how caring he is! Cute story!
Juliegirl22 chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
That was good, and funng. I liked it!
Montydragon chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Rarely are fanfictions heartwarming, but this one was particularly wonderful. Raven barely ever opens up, and to see her do so to her best friend never fails to make me smile.
Rosalind2013 chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I loved the descriptions in this one; especially the description of the pie in Raven's face! In the moment, felt just as confused as she probably was. I really enjoyed reading this!
The Harry Wompa chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
lol, you perfectly captured beast boy's disarming nature. As always, good work, and thanks for writing; your work always makes me smile.
Alec33 chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Great one shot!
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
As others have said, your characterization here is masterful. You've managed to perfect not only Raven and Beast Boy's body language, but their conversational style and tone. The dialogue felt very natural and flowed to an extent that's hard to accomplish between the two when they're not poking fun at one another.

Of course the concept has been done before, but even that was very refreshing. Your description set the mood just enough to alight the events that followed, painting a very clear picture of the night and morning after.

I can tell you were experimenting with stimuli and the body here, and you found some lovely phrases that really encompass the "sensation" of being afraid and vulnerable, instead of just the action.

Overall I am very impressed with your writing style, and think you've created a believable scene that may have also happened in the series. The relationship we see developing between the Raven and Beast Boy could easily be taken as friendship or something more, and in that respect I think you were wise to leave it to readers' imaginations. I wish you all the best in your future writing endeavors.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
i loved it!
MelonLord28 chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
I always loved this concept, of raven confessing her demonic urges. Didn't expect bb to pull that one out. Nice story
The Cretin chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Proof that Gar will go through the utmost humiliation just to give her peace. Great piece. Loved how you kept them true to character and form. Loved the interaction and the ending was very sweet. Keep rockin.
Dahkoro5050 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I love it! Dealing with serious topics, a humorous undertone, and enough bbraeness to sink a ship. In other words, a masterpiece.
Stella Bella 123 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Wow! That was so great! I love the connection between Beast Boy and Raven's dreams! And just great how he got her over it by throwing pie at her! So Beast Boy!
Thebookthief18 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Hehehehehehehehe, that was a cute one shot! Very well written and thought out. I have heard many good things about you Sir Alwick, and I am excited to see what your stories have to offer.
With thanks,
The book thief
titanfan45 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
You know, for a story that started out way dark, this turned out to be funny overall. The mental image of someone able to stop another person's heart within their chest certainly would give someone serious pause, especially if the person was actually able to do that. Knowing that she had that dream and was certainly able to carry it out, Beast Boy was either incredibly brave or incredibly dumb to provoke her with a pie to the face. The Atomic Wedgie was a nice touch.