Reviews for Giving up
JerHat chapter 8 . 12/13
This story hits really close to home for me. As well as the sequel/sister story.
The story was very real in all aspects. From how it was sudden and unnoticed, to the thoughts going through his mind, to the reactions of the people around him. It so easily could have gone that way, too. I think that's why Harry Potter suicide stories have a place.
Millie chapter 8 . 11/24
Brilliant! There isn't anything else needing saying.
Afroz chapter 1 . 11/11
I think my heart actually clenched when I read this. It's so full of emotional trauma that you have perfectly captured. Harry's letter - damn! I cried for 10 minutes straight. Such amazing writing!
Rusty chapter 8 . 10/24
Masterfully done. I enjoyed it. Thank you
Alifromnm chapter 8 . 10/22
This is one of the most meaningful HP fan fiction I have ever read. You touch my soul. My son lost his girlfriend to suicide. I almost lost him from it. He told me years later that had I not come, loaded him and his cat up and brought him home he would have followed her into the darkness that very night. He is now a very successful paramedic, but he has never let his heart love again. He approaches his 30th year next month and I pray somewhere out there there is someone who can heal his broken heart and soul for that is not something a mom can do.
Wormbait chapter 8 . 9/19
That was extremely well written and very powerful in its impact.

You really have a knack for drawing out the readers emotions, the fear, heartache, remorse, love and anger.

Well done and thanks for sharing.
Basill chapter 8 . 9/17
I cried so much I had to take my glasses off and squint to read inbetween tears and blurred vision. I am a firm believer that a good story makes you feel wether it be mad happy or sad and your story made me so very sad I couldn't stop reading it.
spiffy2143 chapter 1 . 9/6
AMAZING! You are a fantastic writer. This story really shocks and gives you another way to look at Harry. Great job.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 9/2
Ah. Snape got Harry mad, and that woke up him enough to actually listen to what was being said to him.

One suspects that this is not the first potential suicide that Snape has dealt with.

Excellent chapter.
jayswing96 chapter 8 . 8/22
Such a heartbreaking story. Loved it
xXLyra04Xx chapter 8 . 8/4
OMG! I cried so hard!... I don't think I will be able to handle reading the sister piece to this O.O I don't think my heart could handle it! You're a truly amazing writer. I felt the emotions of the characters as if they were my own. Please keep writing 3
GothDyke chapter 8 . 7/26
Wow! What a dramatic and emotionally intense story! I was crying several times while reading.

Ordinarily, I exclusively read and like Harry-centric stories, and so I was very sceptical when I realized that this story is written in first-person perspective - and strictly in McGonagall's PoV at that. But you pulled it off perfectly, managed to captivate me utterly and left me as a very happy and satisfied reader at the end.

Thank you for finishing this piece of art.
Very powerful fic... I cried all the way through this. I'm also glad everything came out well in the end. As well as it could, that is.
Erimenthe chapter 8 . 7/4
Damn you for making me actually cry. Thrice! This was...Brilliant.
ABZB13 chapter 8 . 6/22