Reviews for The Writer of the Story
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Beautiful job with this; incredibly well done.
Aikwen chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I have stumbled upon this quite by chance. It is a delightful reading. Thank you for writing the scene.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
This is great, Chica! :) I absolutely love the parallels and connections you draw between the First and Third Ages here. All of those links and references and comparisons really remind me of how much I love Arda for its depth and complexity.

It's a wonderful character study on Olórin, too; even so briefly, you provide such great insight into his thoughts, feelings, and motives.

Good work! :)
Quihi chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Wow, that was interesting! It's very interesting to see what Gandalf would have been thinking when the Ring was destroyed. I liked how you compared the current destruction of the Ring with the failure of the Noldor… it's fascinating to hear your opinions. The appearence of Eru towards the end was awesome.
Lalaeth chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I really like this. The two themes of greed and pride and their ill effects run through all of Tolkien's writings and this story sums it up beautifully. Even the desire to fix things can lead us astray.

One of the things that makes LotR so powerful is that, one way or another, everyone fails. There's never any guarantee of success and the good guys almost lose everything at the end when Frodo claims the Ring. Compassion and empathy saved them, but not in a way that anyone could have predicted.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Good story. You did well staying true to the work, as if this story belongs in the books themselves. Everyone was in-character and the story was well-developed.

Good work.

Aria Breuer
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
I just loved this. Bravo!It makes perfect sense that Gandalf should know what was happening. I loved the ending especially.