Reviews for Seeing Double
castle2126 chapter 1 . 11/17/2019
Sometimes in this story both Backett sisters comes pretty hard on Castle, they act like all the wrong doing is done by him and Backett still shows no respect to Castle always ready with a snarky comments about Castle like she did all the shit with demming and no one point it out but if Castle makes comments about needing fun and uncomplicated everyone reach for his throat. Hypocrite. Does they forgot how she treated Castle when she was with demming and how she compared josh doing a surgery and saving a life in morning and asked Castle what he did in morning and make him unwelcoming and hurt, well for your information Backett he came with you every late night and early morning body drops and saved your ass more times than you being a trained professional did and open his home for you and paid a $100000 for finding your dead mother's killer. And you treat him like shit. Well Castle being a better human than you are and ignore all the negativity and accept what's good in human being rather than hold his past in his face.
neweldi chapter 38 . 8/12/2019
I like it :-) Thanks.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2018
Not badly written but I just didn't buy into Castle being ok with Beckett keeping a secret like that from him.
SeannysMom chapter 38 . 3/5/2018
Excellent story, very interesting. Thank you
Guest chapter 18 . 10/30/2017
This whole "let's trick Castle" thing is getting way overplayed in this story.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/30/2017
So, another story of Beckett wanting a relationship with Castle but only if it's on her terms?
Guest chapter 14 . 10/30/2017
You need to develope a little bit thicker skin in regards to bad reviews.
Guest chapter 13 . 10/30/2017
You need to figure out where your going with this story because right now it's all over the place and not in a good way. It reads like something a dumb high school kid would write.
Dominic Flandry chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
The timeline seems off. If Charlie had been around until 5 years ago and this is season 4 then Lanie and the boys shoul all know about her. The team just didn't seem that new in season 1.
FDWojo chapter 1 . 5/6/2017
Hello there!

I just thought that, even though you finished this story about 3 years ago, I re-read it and it was just as fun this time. I really like Charlie!

The reason I'm posting is for two reasons:

1) When they had Maddox in custody, they had to eventually let him go. Why? They *knew* it was his DNA on the sniper's rifle that had shot Beckett. What more proof or evidence would they have needed to keep him locked up?

2) I wanted to find out if you are ever going to write that sequel to this story? I know you have a LiveJournal account, and a Tumblr account, but I didn't find any kind of a sequel to SEEING DOUBLE at either site, and obviously it isn't here on FanFic. Have you written it and posted it somewhere else? Or have you not yet written it. If not, I really hope you do.

Great story!

Frank
Guest chapter 31 . 4/23/2017
It's known as Clue in the U.S., not Cluedo.
Guest chapter 28 . 4/23/2017
So Kate acts like a child not only by chasing Maddox without letting Gates know (matches canon, I know) but then has a hissy fit when Gates calls her on her lying about Castle. Then quits, not because Gates suspended her (as in canon), when in fact Gates actually was going to let her off the hook, but because she can't have her boyfriend around anymore. Sorry, that's a bit too much over the top. It's close to the show, but she's acting too immature.

Also, I know you're a Brit, but I have literally never met a single American who would ever say whilst. It's while. It's one thing for description (e.g. using torch in the previous chapter instead of flashlight) but for dialog it's got to be true to the character. We don't say whilst, have done, was sat/stood (that is SO bad!), dummy (pacifier), nappy (diaper), pram (stroller), lift (elevator), bonnet (hood), boot (trunk), or any of the other terms that are common in the UK but not here. Believe me, I'm not ranting, just pointing out that there are differences between British and American English.
Guest chapter 27 . 4/23/2017
1) Radios work in basements
2) Cell phones work in basements
3) If Kate thought to track Maddox's cell phone, why not try Charlie's (probably discarded, but worth a shot anyway)
4) Charlie is right - it was safer to stay in the basement - only one access portal, easily defended by Kate, and they could hole up there to wait for the backup they were calling.

It was a good chapter, but had some detail problems.
Guest chapter 16 . 4/22/2017
Good chapter, but ... no self-respecting New Yorker would ever eat a pizza with ham and pineapple on it. *shudder* That's blasphemy!
Guest chapter 14 . 4/22/2017
Better chapter, and of course it was obvious that what Kate heard wasn't what she thought she heard. Thankfully you didn't drag that out.

One thing that nobody has mentioned is that it's almost impossible for Kate and Charlie to sound enough alike, especially when Charlie first came back, to fool people. Charlie spent time in England, and then has traveled around the world. She would have picked up regional inflections, not to mention phrasings (e.g. "fancy explaining" "wrong end of the stick") that would creep into her speech unless she's concentrating on not doing so.

I also think the whole, "let's play tricks on people" is a bit too juvenile in general, but really poorly thought out as it pertains to Castle and his and Kate's relationship. Kate and Charlie are just asking for trouble by acting that way, at least until Kate and Castle are on more solid ground.