Reviews for The XCOM Effect
Heir of the void chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
Great story so far. I love your more 'realistic' take on the First Contact War, and what you've done merging the two continuities. Great work.

I love how you limited post-Ethereal human tech, gives it a gritty feel stories like Second Contact don't have. I like the whole concept. Plus, new Aliens. (I think...)
Hachichiyyin chapter 3 . 5/30/2014
I really like this. I didn't think I would, but this story is well thought out and the writing fairly decent.
The plot is believable, the protagonists and antagonists' power is balanced, and you seem to have an excellent knowledge of both the XCOM and the ME world.

Quite frankly, there isn't much to critic, so good luck with your writing.
OMAC001 chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
So the Ethereal have invaded the Citadel! Hope Shepard and co can clear them out!
Lone Gundam chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Good god this chapter was good. But seriously the Council is going about human integration the wrong way, instead of trying to strong arm humanity they should be patient and taking it slow to let the xenophobia wear off.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Very nice
blaiseingfire chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Oh's getting real
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
i like your take on garrus by way of Jack Baur, i wonder how your going to get them on the normandy, is garrus going to be the specter?

also good to see that countermeasures to human tech have been developed, most aus have the council just stand by as the humans advance
Thehappyvampire chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Was that a Emperor's New Grove reference in there?

Great update.
giodan chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
whoah! wery great i love your garrys and the end is very good bomb trap!
V-rcingetorix chapter 4 . 5/21/2014
An interesting story; altering the canon before it's canon...

Good grammar, excellent spelling. That increases the "smoothiness" of a story. Trust me, nothing makes it harder to read than wreeting padly selpled wirds.

Looks like you're off to a good start, keep it up :)
david chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
excellent story,keeps me wanting for more
how about using the ethereals as preparing the humans for the reapers? and i very much love the turian-humans cold war, perhaps you can enlarge it in the next chapters
RohanVos chapter 4 . 4/29/2014
Great story, I do hope some of my favorite characters survive their tour of duty with xcom!
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 4 . 4/27/2014