Reviews for New Beginnings
AwkwardAspie chapter 2 . 8/25
Really good first chapter, looking forward to reading the rest!
pr0dz chapter 13 . 7/8
I'm guessing Batman's on the phone.
randomphandom chapter 19 . 12/18/2016
Omg... I absolutely love this story! It's so amazing! Oh man... Danny can't catch a break tho. I absolutely can't wait to see what happens next chapter! Especially with Vlad on the way O.o Looking forward to seeing what Slade has planned. And hopefully the Titans will be able to stop it and rescue Danny! :) Also looking forward to seeing of Vlad is still the same fruitloop we love to hate, or if he's changed somewhat over the years. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens next! Great job so far! :D
PointlessComment chapter 19 . 10/21/2016
Ohhhhhhh! Vlad! I got the Cliffie figured out.
\(¥\)
On another note, this fanfic threw my emotions under the bus, hit it with a flamethrower, had slade tourture my emotions for a bit, and then blow them up while walking away because cool guys don't look at explosions because they are smart enough to know that debris is a thing.
*deep breath*
Anyways... Thisisareallygoodfanficandilikeitalotandireallywantyoutocontinueitbecauseitsreallygoodandilikeit.
*gasps for air*
Thanks! Have a cookie (::)
zela night chapter 19 . 9/16/2016
this is so good, please update it soon.
Darkverger1 chapter 19 . 9/10/2016
The Titans seriously need to save him.
bibliophilea chapter 19 . 9/9/2016
When you mentioned the thing about the library and not being sure where the door to Vlad's secret lab is, I realized that I didn't remember what room it was in, either. I did remember that you accessed it by tugging on a football statue on a mantelpiece (subtle as a flying mallet), but I didn't remember much about the room where the statue was. This led me to go on a research excursion of my own. Did you know that Vlad's mansion is only shown in 6 storylines? Thrice in season 2, twice in season 1, and once in season 3. You get to see the secret door a little over 15 minutes into episode 211, 'Secret Weapons'. Anyways, I found out that the door to his secret lab is in a room with a large window above a fancy fireplace (which is where the mantelpiece with the football statue is), several large bookshelves, at least one comfortable chair with a lamp next to it, and at least one desk with a laptop that contains a plethora of pictures of Maddie fighting ghosts. I would call it a library... but Vlad called it his private study. An easy mistake to make when you have enough money to make a whole library into your private study, I guess... XXD

But anyhoo, I enjoyed reading this chapter! I love that even when Danny's struggling to stay present and function, he can still annoy Slade with his tendency to talk to himself and give himself pep talks. And I love that Danny's still capable of being even a little bit defiant! Considering all he went through between Vlad and the GiW, he probably hates having to call anyone 'Master'.

Speaking of Vlad... of course he would use the deaths of Jack and Maddie to steal as many of the Fenton blueprints as he could. It makes me wonder when Jazz figured out Vlad was stealing them, and what kinds of safeguards she put on the remaining Fenton technology and blueprints in her possession to make sure Vlad couldn't take them. And then he said, 'I got your signal'... which is somewhat perplexing... I'm pretty sure Danny didn't send out any signal... not deliberately, at least. Maybe it's a signal Slade sent? Or maybe he received some notification that someone was breaking into either his home or his company, and was referring to that as the 'signal'. Well, whichever it is, I look forward to seeing Vlad interact with Danny, or the Titans, or both!

Oh man, I am very much looking forward to seeing Jazz react to the deliberate non-communication by the Titans. She is certainly quite capable of bawling them out about keeping her out of the loop, and she could bring up some very valid arguments for why leaving her out is a BAD idea, particularly when it comes to matters involving her brother.

Thanks for writing and putting this in a place where I could find it! I look forward to the next chapter!
Poohbearmorris chapter 19 . 9/9/2016
I. Am. So. Happy. When I started reading this story, it easily took a number one spot in my list. When you disappeared for a while,
I was more upset than I probably should've been. XD I'm not going to lie, this may sound super creepy or something I don't know, but eveytime one of my other fanfics updated, I always hoped it was this one, and it finally happened! I went through and reread this, that's why you didn't get a review the day of release, lol! I'm so happy you are finishing this, I just hope you're happy to do it and you don't feel like your forced or something.

I'm pretty sure I remember Vlad's ghost lab being in his library. If I'm thinking correctly, the one time Jazz was sitting in there, he came out of the fireplace or something like that.
SparkleSeas chapter 19 . 9/5/2016
Man, I can't wait for the next update. Stupid cliffhangers... And endings in general...
bibliophilea chapter 17 . 9/3/2016
Oh nooooooooooooooo the third party is Vlad, isn't it. Freaking Vlad. Jack's out of the way, but "his" Maddie is dead, and he's never given a flooping hoot about Jazz, so he's probably more obsessed with Danny than ever. Oh dear, what if he's the reason the GiW suddenly got competent and managed to capture/keep Danny and hide every trace of him to the point that not even the Boooomerang could find him? A broken Danny who keeps retreating into his mind is much easier to mold into the perfect half-ghost son-slave-apprentice-thing than a fully present defiant Danny. Maybe Vlad plans to stage a rescue of his own... make sure the Titans waste enough time hunting down the flash drive to convince Danny that they'll never come and there's no hope... and then suddenly, Vlad to the rescue!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah I must see what happens! On to the next chapter!
bibliophilea chapter 15 . 9/3/2016
Hello! Sorry for not being around... internal things went haywire, and then external things went haywire as a result, and... well... suffice to say I've learned some unhappy things about myself, and I can empathize with Danny's inability to talk all the time/handle people paying too much attention to him more than I ever could in my relatively short lifetime, I think...

But anyways, I just wanted to ask you: do you know Wolf 359? It’s a fantastic podcast and currently my new favorite thing. Four fantastic characters are in a worn spaceship called the Hephaestus, which is in orbit around Wolf 359, a red dwarf star about 8 light years from here. There’s HERA, the sarcastic AI who manages the ship; Commander Minkowski, a woman who takes her job as commander of the Hephaestus and the safety of her crew seriously; Dr. Hilbert, the Russian scientist who in the first episode is too caught up in his work to notice that his lab is on fire; and communications Officer Eiffel, a very sarcastic man who can’t not make references and often gets on Minkowski’s nerves. The podcast is told mostly from the point of view of Eiffel’s daily logs. The Hephaestus starts receiving transmissions of decades-old Earth music, despite the fact that they’re only 7.8 lightyears away from Earth…. There is a lot of hilarity, but also some serious, thought-provoking content, and around episode 12 the stakes rise dramatically and continue to get higher. There’s a LOT that happens after that episode, and more fantastic characters introduced, but I can't really say much about them because spoilers.

What I can say, is that one of those characters is named Kepler, and has the tendency to tell in a measured, slow voice long, rambling, unlikely personal stories that tend to end with "... and long story short, [insert VERY enigmatic statement that makes you wonder just what the long story was]". And I imagined the old man Danny met who convinced him to go back home with Kepler's voice.

And I also wanted to say that I am very fond of this story, and I'm very glad to be getting back to it. I particularly like the way you write Danny's rambling thoughts when he's dissociating hard.

Thanks for writing this story and putting it in a place where I could find it!
ethiopian1987 chapter 19 . 9/3/2016
Vlads lab with the portal was a box in the ground. The only way he had for getting in and out was by going intangible and flying in and out.

But the way you made it was pretty good, so I don't think you should change it.

Anyway thank you for another chapter, I look forward to finding out how Danny gets out of the situation he is in.
reader238 chapter 8 . 9/3/2016
Just started reading this and now that they got to the point of what Danny needs for recording recovery the first thought that came to mind is two things one is family the second a psychologist, essentially one who specializes in ecto psychology. Coincidentally there is one person who can fulfil both those needs
LoneCreator chapter 19 . 9/2/2016
Thank you so much for uploading this chapter! I honestly thought you gave up on this story. I love it to death. Please keep it going, the writing is amazing
KodiakWolfe13 chapter 19 . 9/2/2016
XD Haha, it's all good, dude! I look up my old reviews a lot to see what I wrote anyway. XD AW, YOU'RE AWESOME TOO. NEVER FORGET THAT. Hehehe, oh, you do? I couldn't tell with how subtle you were being with his torture. *sarcastic tone*

MUHAHAHAHAHA! THIS CHAPTER WAS AWESOME! Thanks for the summary of the past events at the top. I was gonna reread the entire thing (which I plan on doing anyway in the future), but that allowed me to get to the new material much quicker. And boy, was I completely satisfied. Maybe even more than satisfied. Where to begin?

I'm still in love with the fact Danny is under Slade's control. That paragraph dedicated to stating that Danny was certainly more powerful physically but not so much mentally was SPOT ON. And I find it very funny that Danny still manages to be sassy with Slade, despite everything being so out of his hands. That was such a Danny thing to do. XD

Reading the Titans was also very hysterical. It was so funny because they're all like, "That's so cliche!" and then you have Raven, the embodiment of sass... "Still fooled you." YOU TELL EM, GIRL. XD I also found it very accurate how the four of them were exasperated with Robin. Like, really, dude? How much time do you have on your hands to train yourself to figure this sort of thing out? XD

Overall, this chapter was an awesome read, and I'm excited to see how things wrap up! I shall be waiting impatiently. :D

-KW13