Reviews for Final Fantasy VIII- The Calm Before the Storm
darkpaladin89 chapter 10 . 4/11
Those two dumb bastardsOdine and his financierare as good as dead. Squall *will* let them talk first though, right?
I check this story almost every single day to see if it’s been updated and was thrilled to find out it was! Wow! This chapter was good, especially Squall and Ellone talking, but that bit with Laguna and that chapter end!? Holy crap! Unexpected turn! Here’s to the next!
injusticeserved chapter 9 . 3/29
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PHONE YOU DID NOT JUST DO WHAT I THINK YOU DID DID YOU? YOU CANNOT BE SO CRUEL! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk LAGUNA anD POOR SQUALL. I REALLY REALLY NEED MORE. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND LIONHEARTILLY. I-NEED-MORE-ASAP! Okies for reals though just take your time, but don't take toooo much time updating because holy shiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt! I NEED TO CUDDLE SQUALL ALONG WITH RINOA. T_T
justaff8fan chapter 9 . 3/29
I have to say that usually, I am very, overly critical of stories being written for my favorite game. It's hard to find one that you can sit down and be sucked into. I find myself becoming very unsettled by what people write because I feel like they fall too heavily out of character and the dialogue doesn't make sense, but you are really doing a fantastic job with this. It's very in-character, very realistic and as I'm reading your work, I'm picturing everything happening in my head as though I were watching real cutscenes from the game. This is really awesome, and I look forward to your next chapter.
Wow... your story is very emotionaly powerful and so well written that I am really looking forward to the next time you update which I'm hoping thats going to be really soon. I'm so glad Squall as Rinoa to help him through this and I really am wondering what will happen next with Laguna. Poor Squall and Laguna. I hope that he does not die becuse I would like to see him and Squall establish a relationship as son and father. Thank you for writing this!
Greyshade chapter 1 . 3/21
I really hope you update soon
SorceressEternityIII chapter 9 . 3/2
Wow, poor Squall and Laguna! I think you came back with a vengeance on this story! I couldn't stand Rinoa in the game, but with the way you write her character, you've given her more depth. She's more intelligent for one, and doesn't have to succumb to the "princess in distress" syndrome even when she's in trouble. She can hold her own and become the strength that Squall needs in his life. Awesome job!
Oh poor squall and poor laguna i hope he doesn’t die!
darkpaladin89 chapter 9 . 2/12
Oy. You weren't kidding. Laguna better pull through!
J.Camilleri chapter 2 . 2/11
It’s me again :)

Once again well Done on your descriptive writing. One thing I probably need to expand is describing certain people, places and actions for thoroughly. I have really enjoyed how you have continued the story and kept all characters personalities in tact. It’s like an exact continuation of the game. Thumbs up
Fadedwings85 chapter 8 . 2/11
Vey well written! I love the turn out!
Dude. No way. They were having this great father/son moment, and then they go into battle and this happens to Laguna? You seriously can't kill Laguna.
sone4nia chapter 8 . 2/10
Please don't tell me you killed off Laguna. You wouldn't be that cruel right?
injusticeserved chapter 8 . 2/10
WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!? YOU JUST... YOU CANNOT... TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST LEAVE THE CHAPTER ENDING THERE LIKE THAT!? HOLY SHIT! Okays in all seriousness now, this was a really well written chapter. I mean damn. You got me sucked in and i won't stop reading til it's done and then i'll re-read this over again because WOW. I loved how Rinoa teased him and poor Squall getting embarrassed and not wanting anyone to know he cried haha. I'll bet his friends know just like Rinoa does huh? But OHHHHH THAT ENDING AND THAT CLIFFYHANGER. NOT FAIR. I can't WAIT for the next! I'm on the edge of my seat! Sorry for drawing that review out haha. I'm spamming the fuck out of you. I'm sorry. It's just so goooooooooood.
injusticeserved chapter 7 . 2/10
Holy fuck that nightmare is like the nightmare of nightmares for Squall. His worst fear is to be all alone and you just kinda hit the nail on the head there. Thank goodness Rinoa was able to help him calm down and go back to sleep. Annnnnd FINALLY! I love that he could cry in front of Laguna like that. It's like it opened some doors for them to start exploring their father/son relationship. This is such a great story! So moving at the end, i almost wanted to cry along with Squall.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »