Reviews for Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear
Amazing!
flanduslover1 chapter 50 . 6/23
I love it! I love how bella didn't give in so easily when they were teens like most stories or she did not run.. and Edward immediately regretted it even if his drunken self didn't want it. but them as adults slowly talking and then him taken that leap to tell her he wants all of her friend and more
Swimming the Same Deep Waters chapter 50 . 1/25
Loved this. So beautifully written and poignantly painful yet hopeful. Thank you for sharing this.
tcolyer chapter 50 . 1/6
great story. Loved hearing both sides.
Pattigirl23 chapter 1 . 11/24/2021
This was a very painful but beautiful story. You are an amazing writer, thank you for sharing.
Elle Whitecap chapter 50 . 11/14/2021
I want more lol
Senorfrogs chapter 50 . 10/12/2021
Can’t believe it ended like this
WiseOldSoul chapter 50 . 7/13/2021
This was a very well written, thought provoking, emotional journey for those involved...first, I can't help but "hate" Rose..no matter that she was just a young girl, she was obviously a selfish, self-centered, cruel girl to do what she did...no matter what Emmet may believe, by that age(18, I imagine) she has proven herself to be what she is. People don't change drastically from this age usually pretty set in their true character. Edward was ofc blaming himself more, as he should, but Rose was just as bad if not worse seducing a drunk, frustrated virgin no matter whether he had a gf. Sorry, but I hope Emmet will learn his lesson in the near future for betraying his own brother for a girl who deserves no happiness, since I expect she thought nothing of what she did to bella and Edward and their families by extension(except Emmet, apparently) Edward was definitely naive compared to Rose when it came to physical temptation. 6 yrs may be a long time but not sure this moving on w/the same person who betrayed you esp having the other part(Rose) being so visibly part of the family is a good thing...perhaps I'm too vindictive, selfish or just unforgiving...but this is something that shaped both bella and Edward...not sure how bella can fully forgive Edward for such a betrayal esp. since life sometimes gets tougher w/time and w/any stress that may derail even a solid couple w/o a history of betrayal such a this.
ellabelleellabelle chapter 50 . 2/26/2021
I really like this story
newfanficfan chapter 27 . 12/6/2020
To play devil's advocate here. it bothers me that no one called this what it is. If roles were reversed, and it was Bella drunk at a party being taken advantage of, we'd call it rape. Not even date rape, because they never dated. Why do we assume that boys can't also be raped?

Edward's remorse, guilt and shame mirror those of a victim. He blames himself. He didn't protest loud enough. He didn't stop her in time. He shouldn't have drank so much. Doesn't sound like the remorse of a willing participant at all

Rosalie has much more to answer for than being the catalyst that ended a teenage romance. She took what she wanted from a vulnerable, impaired person, knowing that if they were able to respond coherently (sober), his answer would be NO. No means no. Even when the boy says it.

Based on that interpretation, there is no way Emmett would ever date the woman who raped his baby brother. Not sure what the statute of limitations is in Washington state but...

Broweyesandhair chapter 2 . 11/5/2020
Ok tossing in a minimal age difference. I’m here for it. Great chapter!
Broweyesandhair chapter 1 . 11/5/2020
I wonder where this rabbit hole will lead. Great chapter!
dumblevamp chapter 50 . 10/12/2020
6 years later I still re-read this every once in a while :) it just “hits different” as kids say these days lol
maxthecat2013 chapter 13 . 10/5/2020
Finally getting around to read this.

Not justifying whatever Edward is about to do to Bella but 2 years, really. Did they at least do other things that did not involved actual intercourse to get each other off. Based on how uncomfortable Bella was (in previous chapters) about even being touched beyond the "safe" zone makes me wonder if they went beyond kissing. Yeah would like to understand why Bella couldn't go any further. I have to give Edward some credit for waiting all this time and its a shame that he was seduced and tempted. He could have easily broke up with her and get it somewhere else but that sex obviously wasn't the reason he was with Bella.
Kayozm chapter 38 . 10/2/2020