Reviews for Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear
ellabelleellabelle chapter 50 . 2/26
I really like this story
newfanficfan chapter 27 . 12/6/2020
To play devil's advocate here. it bothers me that no one called this what it is. If roles were reversed, and it was Bella drunk at a party being taken advantage of, we'd call it rape. Not even date rape, because they never dated. Why do we assume that boys can't also be raped?

Edward's remorse, guilt and shame mirror those of a victim. He blames himself. He didn't protest loud enough. He didn't stop her in time. He shouldn't have drank so much. Doesn't sound like the remorse of a willing participant at all

Rosalie has much more to answer for than being the catalyst that ended a teenage romance. She took what she wanted from a vulnerable, impaired person, knowing that if they were able to respond coherently (sober), his answer would be NO. No means no. Even when the boy says it.

Based on that interpretation, there is no way Emmett would ever date the woman who raped his baby brother. Not sure what the statute of limitations is in Washington state but...

Broweyesandhair chapter 2 . 11/5/2020
Ok tossing in a minimal age difference. I’m here for it. Great chapter!
Broweyesandhair chapter 1 . 11/5/2020
I wonder where this rabbit hole will lead. Great chapter!
dumblevamp chapter 50 . 10/12/2020
6 years later I still re-read this every once in a while :) it just “hits different” as kids say these days lol
maxthecat2013 chapter 13 . 10/5/2020
Finally getting around to read this.

Not justifying whatever Edward is about to do to Bella but 2 years, really. Did they at least do other things that did not involved actual intercourse to get each other off. Based on how uncomfortable Bella was (in previous chapters) about even being touched beyond the "safe" zone makes me wonder if they went beyond kissing. Yeah would like to understand why Bella couldn't go any further. I have to give Edward some credit for waiting all this time and its a shame that he was seduced and tempted. He could have easily broke up with her and get it somewhere else but that sex obviously wasn't the reason he was with Bella.
Kayozm chapter 38 . 10/2/2020
Kayozm chapter 38 . 10/2/2020
I hear Carlisle’s point, and of course as Edward’s dad it’s his job to help him move forward, and of course he also wants him to feel better. BUT, I feel totally pissed at him on Bella’s behalf, and I think even a little on Edward’s, for the ‘maybe this happened because’... line. As though somehow it’s not something Edward DID.
I actually also really get how Edward allowed it to happen without really intentionally allowing it to happen. But...he still needs to take responsibility, not be told ‘sometimes these things happen for a reason.’
It wasn’t entirely his choice. In fact, if a girl lost her virginity that way we’d be saying she was taken advantage of and probably talking about date rape. There was nothing like enthusiastic consent given there.
But, while I would be in trouble for even thinking this if the same thing happened to Bella, I’m going to say this have is an opportunity for Edward to realise that while he didn’t make an active choice to say yes to Rosalie, he had a whole lot of opportunities to say no to veto is things he didn’t want. He didn’t take them. He has to take responsibility for that. It didn’t just ‘happen’ for some cosmic reason to force him to move on.
Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox now.
Kayozm chapter 36 . 10/2/2020
Those last two sentences brought tears.
Kayozm chapter 27 . 10/2/2020
It’s sweet to read true beginnings from his POV. And I think because I already know what’s coming for them, I’m dreading it less, and can appreciate the sweetness more this time.
Kayozm chapter 24 . 10/2/2020
I’m kinda looking forward to E’s POV but also sad to end Bella’s.
Kayozm chapter 20 . 10/1/2020
Dealing and forgiving and moving on are hard. I can absolutely see how, moving away and sort of moving on, she could fail to really move on; to move on from the hurt, without realising it.
Kayozm chapter 14 . 10/1/2020
Oh, first giggles are so wonderful.
Kayozm chapter 13 . 10/1/2020
Okay, so I’m reading this one now. I often don’t review an old story like this till I’m sure I’ll keep reading. And you comments at the beginning about pacing etc being determined by the word prompts made me doubt. But I’m sucked in now.
I have to read just in short bursts though, because you’re writing is so gut wrenching. I mean, nothings really happened that’s gut wrenching yet, but we know she got her heart broken as a teen, we know she’s never gotten over it, we can surmise he probably cheated on her with Rosalie or something along those lines... and probably that he’s also never gotten over it.
But the way you write is so evocative it’s hard to read but impossible not to.
Fiona9476 chapter 50 . 9/18/2020