Reviews for The Darkest Gate
AC01 chapter 1 . 5/16
I can't recall how many years have passed since I read this, but I've kept it on a list to come back to after some time, so that I could properly review and favorite it later. While I vaguely remember why I enjoyed your tale and found it so interesting, the specific details elude me - but perhaps I might remember them further, the next time I feel inclined to read it again (as I surely will)...It must have been wondrous indeed for me to store it away with choice others, now to be looked upon once again.
So, thank you for sharing your words and I wish you all the best ~
Kryu chapter 9 . 3/28
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! It definitely felt like an adventure! The only thing I felt was a little off was that the relationship between Jareth and Sarah seemed so sudden. Beyond that though 5 stars!
Anaih323 chapter 9 . 3/9
The. Best. Story. I've read in a long... long time. Sooooo goooood
Hermonthis chapter 9 . 3/24/2015
Oh thank you for writing this story, it was quite enjoyable. Labyrinth retellings doesn't always work so well, but this one did.
Starviking chapter 9 . 2/12/2015
I liked you had Jareth and Sarah not understand each other when they first met. Overall, I fav this!
snowwhitealice chapter 9 . 1/12/2015
This entire tale is nothing short of amazing! I love it!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/15/2014
I love this! An advenure/fantasy story that remains true to the characters.
I wish there was a sequel. Thanks!
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 9 . 11/29/2014
Well this story was just like a fairy tale. I love love loved it! This is possibly one of my favourite labyfic s of all time. XD
fieldsoffebruary chapter 9 . 9/15/2014
I really enjoyed this! It's an interesting AU. I think I would've liked it better if it was longer, to really explore the possibilities in depth. But I still like it. (Though the changes in their eye colours sort of bugged me.)
Shadow131 chapter 9 . 8/4/2014
Haha, I knew she'd ask Pierce, hooray! What an awesome ending, I love a happy ending to a grand adventure! This really paid off and was quite epic in scope, good job!
Shadow131 chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
Gah, that declaration of love got me right in the feels! Great to see Sarah get some magic, you set it up very clearly, though I hope she tells him how she feels as well...
Shadow131 chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
Jareth, you wonderfully sarcastic bastard...You adorably cute, wonderfully sarcastic bastard. And wow, I can't wait to see what kind of peach dream they have together!
Shadow131 chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
Yessss, Jareth still offers Sarah dreams, but in an entirely different context! I was really skeptical about this at first, it had a bit of an odd start, but I totally love it! It takes all the necessary set pieces and makes them new and fresh and exciting!
And look at them, they're like the perfect proto-couple, with an adventure that can build both their respect and affection for one another! IT's brilliant!
Shadow131 chapter 3 . 8/4/2014
I just have to say that I love the Hamlet reference.
It's great getting to see Jareth and Sarah have a fresh, unfettered start. And I love how contemptuous Jareth is of republican democracy.
And I was getting the right idea about Terry and Pierce, right...? I hope so...? More homosexual representation in Labyfic! At least with side characters.
What's great about Sarah is that she is NOT some noble, queenly Chosen One and yet is able to power through everything. It's what makes her admirable, and there's little doubt it's what Jareth would find attractive about her; a very democratic heroine, as it were.
One with the Wind chapter 9 . 6/2/2014
This fic is brilliant! It had me hooked.