Reviews for Love's Labours
Dawns Heart chapter 1 . 1/24
This really made me smile on a day when I really needed a smile. I never thought of it but this is just so typically Matthew. It's perfect. So lovely. Thanks for sharing :)
Camilla10 chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
Lovely
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
It really is a shame that Dan Stevens and Jessica Brown Findlay decided to leave the show, consigning their characters to death. It would have been nice to have stable relationships playing out rather than all the drama over their widows moving on. This is a wonderful might have been piece.
twlightbella chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
Aww
classicandromeda chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
Loved it!
MsMenna chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I adore this one shot. Truly, I am in awe of your talent Just wonderful. I wish this were their ending. Thank you.
Saissa chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Lovely one shot - and that sounds just like Matthew to want more for his wife and daughter than he does for himself...
juicyjools chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I cant believed I have missed this story.
Wonderful writing from a very talented writer.
Really missed this pairing in Downton series.
Mimi chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Loved this! What a clever idea to weave the Act of parliament into Mathew and Mary's story. I could imagine him doing this - he loves her do deeply.

Was there in reality such a law passed in 1925?
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Matthew should have just stayed with Mary and called Downton in the actual show why did he have to die!
MK chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
This is the best insight of Matthew's noble character! Thank you for sharing your writing talent!
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
I can't believe it took me so long to read this story. Just perfect.
jmar chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I just found this story & am so happy right now! As it should be. Addressing the change in property laws, giving Mary & other women heiresses their due. And tying it all nicely into a story of M&M & their children...just like a beautiful present with a beautiful ribbon attached. Thanks so much! :-)
Lala Kate chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
This is a precious tale that showcases a man's love for a woman who eventually became his wife. Very well written and thoughtfully conceived. What a lovely contribution to MM day!
luvgoround chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
What a beautiful and very touching story. Matthew's love for Mary makes my heart burst, as I'm sure their hearts burst open with love for each other that is endless. And I love Mary's heart being so moved that she couldn't stop crying...she really is a sensitive woman - strong and sensitive. Both of them.