Reviews for Love's Labours
luvgoround chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
What a beautiful and very touching story. Matthew's love for Mary makes my heart burst, as I'm sure their hearts burst open with love for each other that is endless. And I love Mary's heart being so moved that she couldn't stop crying...she really is a sensitive woman - strong and sensitive. Both of them.
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
That was just lovely, so very Matthew, perfectly tied in with the 'you matter a greal deal' scene, and I wished we had seen more of laywer Matthew, but thank goodness we have your stories to cover it :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Oh my God! ::screams:: I LOVE THIS!

You are a genius. I figured out where you were going half a second before you revealed it and there was LOVE. Matthew as lawyer! Great co-opting of actual history! Beautiful telling. So Matthew! Let us hope that Mary does her utmost to show him how much loves him until her dying day because *he has earned it*.

Great ending. Very cute, very sexy, awesome tease with joy and gratitude motivating the lovemaking. Oh I wish we had seen this version filmed!

Ahhhh! ::runs away screaming with joy::
eyeon chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
This was the perfect culmination to M/M celebration day (and I must stay that in my little cocoon of denial it will always be that day)! How wonderful this is and how MUCH i wish things had gone this way (the writers didn't need to crunch the wedding and George's birth all into one season)! Thanks so much for this! Where did you get that picture? I don't recall that scene?
DAGuest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Absolutely adored this story! Really liked how you incorporated important events in M/M's lives and connected it all together through Matthew's work on creating a new law, abolishing entails. Very creative! Loved that you included the birth of their daughter. Of course, the ending was terrific, with so much love between Matthew and Mary. Great as always! Thank you!
Audrey C chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Really awesome story. Totally in character for Matthew to have been so dedicated, loyal, and selfless. Just perfect. Really well done! Bravo!
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Wonderful! I loved Matthew's declaration that all he had were his wits and his willingness to toil on Mary's behalf. You gave us a touching look at Matthew's POV in the years before he marries Mary, and a beautiful summation of some of the qualities that he brought to his role as the heir and to his relationship with Mary.
A great AU take on the future of Mary and Matthew after George's birth. Yes, thentelephone would do just fine, Matthew.
Willa Dedalus chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Absolutely brilliant. A very nice twist on the way it should be between M&M. The jumps in time are always a pleasure especially as the plot unfolds here so that we see what Matthew has done and why Mary is crying. Exactly how I picture them living happily ever after - together always and working to promote the others happiness on any terms.
golden12 chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Amazing. I loved how you added to the known story and made it your own. Matthew here is such an intelligent, resourceful character, you make him someone we'd all want to know. Well done.
kahhtina chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I am so emotional over these two, I don't think it will ever go away. Oh, such a wonderful story! I love happy endings for our OTP, even if canon doesn't give them to us. :)
EJ96 chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Great fic !
ameliapemerson chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Ok. Well that was just about perfect. Bridging everything we know and adding to canon in the most positive of ways. So so well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Awesome. Beautiful. I want more!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
This is absolutely fantastic. What a wonderful contribution to mm celebration day.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
such a great story. love it. matthew and mary forever!if only there was a man like matthew in the real world.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »