|Reviews for A Demon Among Devils|
| Guest chapter 22 . 8/18
I've been rather bored with life and burnt out with work, and I decided to take a stroll down memory lane and re-read some of my favorite fics from the old days.
Demon Among Devils was always one of them. Most of your works fit into that category, actually, but this is definitely the top of the list. I appreciate that you're still picking away at Warcaster and I'm excited to see where Iron Within goes (and I'm reading both of those on spacebattles anyway) but... there's just something about this one that always stuck with me.
Going through, getting to the bottom of every chapter, a fella will look at the number of chapters remaining and start to dread the end. Twenty-two chapters of better-than-canon writing later, and I'm honestly pretty satisfied with where you left things. Sure, the villains were waiting off-curtain to come back in and do their dastardly deeds, but the heroes are happy and the future looks bright as the camera pulls away for the last time.
The Knights Templar, Hospitaller, and Teuton (more the former and the latter than the... midder, of course) were probably one of my favorite additions to the cast, both for the Astartes-esque badassery and the sheer comedy they brought to the table - I loved your portrayal of the Personas for much the same reason. Metatron in particular, but I'm sure you've gotten plenty of commentary on that.
- Issei's Arisato Radar.
- Mittelt and Gaspar. On one hand, disturbing (largely because of her). On the other, adorable.
- Raynare's entire redemption arc. My greatest regret for this fic falling dormant is that she will forever be behind on points.
- Minato's absolute everything. You gave us a character who was consistent with the game, and with the quiet boy who learned how to live and not only made the ultimate sacrifice, but had the character, fiber, and compassion to summon the Messiah.
I would have liked to see him pull Jesus out of his pocket, one day.
- the Execution, and the fact that Issei is a useless fucking virgin who will never find the clit of his own volition. Someone needs to hit that boy in the head and un-smooth his brain, I swear.
- Conversely, I have loved his development in just about every other aspect, and the culmination of his Shonen bullshit during the Nidhoggr battle.
Cheers, Crim. And thank you again. For all of the stories you've shared with us.
| SaintOfReach chapter 22 . 7/13
| MoinLeute chapter 18 . 7/2
Now thats just bullshit with cloning MC, no one likes smth like that and just results in a clusterfuck later on.
| SpicyArbiter chapter 7 . 6/22
WhaT gravemind why are you in my anime fanfiction
| sickboy398 chapter 22 . 6/16
It's actually great to see Minato grow emotionally and create new bonds ... Can't wait for the next updates
| booperbauls chapter 22 . 4/9
Please lawd, I beg ya. Gimme more
| D4nTheM4n chapter 1 . 3/17
I want more!
| yomunot chapter 19 . 1/31
That seems like a massive chekov's gun
| yomunot chapter 2 . 1/29
Damn, that was raw
| Infinitywolf23 chapter 22 . 12/11/2022
"Arisato-san. I love you… I love you more than anyone else…”
| Vfsas chapter 1 . 12/8/2022
Once every year I re-read this story, even if it's incomplete it's one of my favorites, alongside Salt Breaker :D
| Keithbear666 chapter 11 . 12/2/2022
I'm honestly disappointed that you made such a big deal out of trained human soldiers. Especially when those human soldiers could have been beaten easily without all the fuss of an actual fight.
| Dasgun chapter 17 . 11/24/2022
| Dasgun chapter 2 . 11/21/2022
| RandoFox chapter 22 . 11/16/2022
"I'm going to go the shorter but more frequent update route, so hopefully the next chapter will come a long in less time." Well, I'm just gonna assume the author is dead