Reviews for A Demon Among Devils
Razie.B chapter 22 . 10/13/2020
PLZ UPDATE THIS STORY! IT'S BEEN LIKE ,OVER 4 YEARS NOW SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER!
Mr. Haziq chapter 18 . 10/9/2020
persona is the power of the mind and soul. the wildcard ability is gifted by the velvet room. cloning minato would just get them a normal persona user at best or a normal person at worst
Onishin Tsukitenshi chapter 21 . 10/5/2020
If you're still on the site, can you update this story?
Bluzerker chapter 1 . 10/4/2020
The sexual innuendos are too much, this is stupid. And for no importance what so ever. Great story but I’m stopping here. It’s not even funny because these kinds of jokes are used every fuking chapter. Don’t you know that less means more?!
Goderasu chapter 11 . 9/15/2020
This won’t be the last time that Issei yells “I’m cooooooooooommmmmmiiinnnng “
Spooke125 chapter 22 . 9/12/2020
This was so good, will you ever be updating this again?
IzayoiSakamaki chapter 11 . 9/12/2020
Do you say that despite all his potential he is still just a person? It has done multi level solar system feats , and at its peak it is universal! No one in this current universe should even be able to scrat him!
Mahadeva chapter 11 . 9/12/2020
Why do a crossover using a character from another franchise, if you are going to do follow the canon and do almost everything the other characters have already done?
Guest chapter 11 . 9/12/2020
trash history!
Weird Flex chapter 22 . 9/2/2020
I am angry that this has been abandoned. I recognize the problems and clichés, but somehow that doesn't stop me from loving the story.
Dasgun chapter 1 . 8/29/2020
Archleone chapter 22 . 8/24/2020
Someone should have told him that he should breathe through his nose.

I'm still wanting Arisato/Rias/Akeno/Maybe Raynare and/or others.

Of course, this story is super dead and abandoned so it'll never happen. Head canon is really all that's left.

I do think that the idea of one of the Old Satan losers closing Arisato is a really dumb idea. And also very cliche. "The main character's ultimate rival is someone with the same powers as himself!" I hated it in Persona, and I hate it everywhere else. At least in Persona is makes a little sense in that Personas are seemingly the only real special powers in the setting anyway. In a story like this, it's extremely unnecessary.

And besides, it seems like it would be far too easy to make as many clones of whoever you like if that woman is able to casually make another Minato by just using some of his blood.

I didn't especially like the idea of Ophis getting cloned, but at least the justification there was that she was tricked and a substantial amount of her power got stolen and used to make a new entity. She had so much power that the idea of a portion of her power being enough to make a whole new very powerful entity was sort of believable. What wasn't believable was that her power could get stolen by those weaklings in the first place, but whatever. Canon is dumb because it is a light-hearted harem story that has a writer who cares more about tits than making sense.

Arisato getting clones from a small blood sample that wasn't even exactly fresh or clean (I do not believe Cao Cao could have avoided dirt and dust and whatever else from getting on it, when shit was blowing up and getting set on fire everywhere)? That is /not/ believable.

Especially when you consider that said woman was meant to die at that point in the story anyway. She's mid-boss trash that wasn't even worth having the main character fight. She was just an excuse to make Azazel look cool.
Archleone chapter 18 . 8/24/2020
Yeah, the harem thing really doesn't work when you have a side character (and that is what Issei is in this story) start a harem while the main character acts like a monk with zero libido. It doesn't work. Minato needs his own harem. Or there should be zero harems. Refusing the main character one and having a side character get one is just stupid.
Archleone chapter 16 . 8/24/2020
So this is the chapter where the story went off the rails and led to it being abandoned less than a handful of chapters later.

You escalated far too much. To the point where it stopped making sense or being reasonable. How can you justify the enemy having this kind of force? More to the point, how can you justify the enemy bringing this massive force into the heart of a protected territory during a day when their defenses would be at their highest?

It is extremely unrealistic. Even trying to argue portals only goes so far because surely there would be some kind of protection against that. And even if there wasn't, there would be a limit to how many can go through a portal at a time. And these portals would not be subtle or hidden. It would have been very obvious that something was happening. More realistically, a fraction of this force would have made it through before the counter attack shut them down.

The "Three Factions" aren't incompetent. They wouldn't be so easily and suddenly attacked and taken off guard. Especially not, I remind you, on a day where they are expecting trouble.

Which also makes me question how Sirzechs could have missed traitors in his guard. Is he meant to be incompetent enough to miss it when someone is lying to him? Him, the new Lucifer? It would be different if these traitors were among the guards for other devil nobility, but this was his personal guard. There should be no one in that group that he doesn't completely own.

The thing about Vali hiding his traitorous nature only works because that is unfortunately canon, and anime is gonna anime. It makes no real sense, given the level Azazel is on and his nature as a person and a Fallen. He should have seen it coming miles away.

Anyway, on another note, I always find stories that try to make DxD too serious and make the protagonists either refuse a harem or refuse any relationship at all to be ridiculous. Those writers forget that this setting is still, at its core, a harem setting. Harems are the point. Things aren't supposed to be so serious. And even if you do make things more serious, you can't have the protagonist of the story in a harem setting not have a harem, not when you have Issei (and sometimes others as well) run around amassing their own harems.

It's just a weird sort of cognitive dissonance. On one hand you try to justify that the protagonist wouldn't want a harem because harems are hard and don't work too well in real life (and are illegal in most of the world). On the other hand, you have Issei amassing a large harem simply by existing and being brainless. You just can't have it both ways.

That's not to say that the harem even needs to be large. It just needs to /be/ in order to satisfy the appropriate vibe of the setting. Rias, Akeno, maybe a few others. It doesn't need to be the collect-athon that canon DxD is with Issei. Just grab the most interesting women who can be written in meaningful ways and add to the narrative. Keep things from going the canon route where every girl is interesting at the start but quickly because damsels who need to be saved constantly to justify why they're off to the side while Issei goes around somehow pulling new girls into the harem.

And it never made sense to me anyway that any woman would seriously find him appealing either. Asia is the only one that sort of makes sense. Maybe Irina too. If only because she is also sort of an idiot like Issei.
Newland Archer chapter 22 . 8/19/2020
Yet another great story. You did a great job of making Minato have a lot of power, but nonetheless kept the plot engaging. I really loved this story and would hope to see more of it in the future
4,639 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »