Reviews for Balamb's Diamond
Ronin-ai chapter 20 . 8/15
cool...now I want to read more! I like how you laid out the prep for an incoming attack. very logical and very much how I'd expect them to respond, given what'd already happened in the past.
Ronin-ai chapter 13 . 6/13/2014
heeheehee! LOVE those easter eggs dude! brilliant! for a filler chapter, this is certainly a fun one. personally, i don't consider any chapter to be "filler". there are those that are action oriented, and those that are plot or character driven. a good story has a mix of those. so...on to the next chapter while i work on finishing up the REST of my stories...(and bringing my rampant plot bunnies to order...)
Guest chapter 9 . 5/14/2014
this is getting better! keep it up!

I like the conversation between Xu and Cid in particular, bringing up points that cannot and SHOULD not be ignored. And yeah, I could see multiple story ideas branching off from this. all of them very intriguing.

Now I'm VERY interested indeed on what the Esthar team finds.
Ronin-ai chapter 7 . 5/3/2014
interesting chapter. i like the new dimensions you've added to Xu's personality. and bravo on the Triple Triad reference. I used to have a pretty good deck but i sucked out loud in the game itself. I never even bothered with the Card Queen quest... I'm not much of a card player.

keep it up kiddo! and just a little nudge here: a good beta reader would be a LOT of help to you. Either that or a good word processing program.. heck, maybe even both (what, like I'M perfect? Right).
Ronin-ai chapter 6 . 4/30/2014
great chapter! I love Megitsune! i think the best part of this chapter is how completely badass you've made Xu and her Guardian. I also like the short foray into her past. Well done! That's what's so fun about FF8's characters, there's so much room for creativity...especially the secondary characters. You can give them any kind of backstory you want, as long as it fits the parameters of their basic personality you can pretty much do what you want.

I'm really loving this story so far.
Ronin-ai chapter 3 . 4/15/2014
I like the start you've made here, makes me very interested to read more. on the readability scale, improvement could be made to smooth it out some but the minor technicalities of language mechanics could be overlooked in favor of the story itself. I highly recommend finding yourself a good beta reader to help you with some of that. I like your characterization of Xu here, very badass, and with the way you've written her, i could see and understand her resentment at being shunted into administrative/desk-duty for the nonce.

in particular, i like the way you described Xu and Squall hunting the errant cadets in the training center. I could see a great deal of potential mayhem in the offing if they teamed up in earnest!

While this won't dovetail EXACTLY with ALL of the other stories I've written, I DO like it as a parallel to Bells in particular. I like this perspective on that time frame.

I caught your references to bells (and possibly a couple of other fics of mine, unless I'm imagining things.. ) and i caught hints of Naruto as well, unless it was simply your references to ninjitsu that led my brain to think of it. I like fun little things like that, little "easter eggs", and I'm very flattered that my stories have served as inspiration to you.

keep it up, can't wait for the next installment!
blood dance chapter 2 . 4/6/2014