Reviews for nine2five 2,8 Fallen Angel
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 5/18/2015
Great story and cool .
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/11/2014
Hmm. So Rye lured Chuck to the chateau...but was it merely for the Intersect or was it more sinister? I can't tell. Sarah came back to Castle...but did she ever go to the chateau like Rye said? Huh. Was Rye working with The Belgian? With the Volkoff assassins? And what's up with Chuck's near-flash that had him inside himself almost-using the Intersect?
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
I like the idea of Casey doing a wine duel. So funny, so not his wheelhouse.

I always thought Casey being a France-basher wasn't entirely right. He's a patriot, yes, but he's also smart enough to know his history, and that there'd be no America without France.
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
Hm. Chuck has kung-fu, that isn't from flashing, but no one seems to question it? "Hey dude, when did you learn this stuff?"
Molotov chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Wait, I'm confused. Ninjas attack Chuck and Sarah, okay, and they kick Chuck's ass. Rye calls off the ninjas, okay, and then Chuck pops up and starts kicking ninja ass? He has no Intersect...was this it breaking through? I do not understand this at all.
resaw chapter 4 . 4/18/2014
"...as Carina rearranged her schedule." You've got a bunch of these little tidbits that, with a few words, conjure up a wealth of imagery.

Going "into a light meditative trance" does not sound like a good idea while driving, but it does sound like something the exceptionally confident Rye might do.

"Come with me, if you want him to live."

Well, simply quoting your lines is not giving you much of a review... So, I'll add that I really felt the tension build up in this chapter. Although elements of canon were certainly there, and it was absolutely in keeping with the type of hare-brained scheme in which Rye specialized, it was also different, and that made the tension palpable.

It sounds like you are now turning Frost and Sarah into allies. I appreciate your A/N 2. I don't think plausibility was every a major concern for the Chuck writers.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 4/16/2014
I loved how Agent Rye took Chuck then was killed by the Belgian and captured Chuck. Please continue.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
I loved how disappointed Casey was when he learned the duel was not going to be fought with pistols but wine. Please continue.
resaw chapter 3 . 4/12/2014
Are you suggesting that Vivian's turn to the dark side is due, in part, to a case of unrequited love, an attraction to Chuck that was not reciprocated? Perhaps, even, that she was jealous of the relationship that Sarah had with Chuck?

Ahh, the drunken and effusive Charleses... Always so much fun to imagine them.

I'm pleased to see that Casey holds a similarly negative view of Rye.

I like the little twist between Casey as Carson and Melville. Casey thought it was going to be a genuinely physical duel, whereas Melville had something else in mind. I should have known better, I suppose, but I wasn't expecting a duel with wine. Casey's subsequent demonstration of his knowledge of wine, down to the detail of an early pressing, was kind of surprising, but your explanation makes it about as plausible as anything.

A fun chapter, again. There is a genuine feeling of tension driving the story forward, at least in my feeling of it. Good stuff and thank you.
resaw chapter 2 . 4/6/2014
Awesome opening paragraph, and, I think, an entirely plausible glimpse at Vivian's thoughts.

I thought that was an odd encounter between Manoosh and Rye, but then in the next paragraph you have Rye justify his actions as a means of analysing Manoosh's character.

Yes, Rye takes an "experimental" and "scientific" approach, but perhaps he would have done better in his methods if he had reflected on the utility of Occam's Razor. But not for him the simple approach, the simple explanation; simplistic, yes, but not simple. He really irritates me, but somehow, I find his buffoonishness more tolerable in writing than on the small screen. I will chalk that up to your skill as a teller of stories. Thank you.

And another satisfying rewrite of season 4: Daphne Peralta gets her comeuppance at the hands of Carina Miller.

Excellent chapter! Nice bit of romance between Chuck and Sarah, Rye is suitably buffoonish while being considerably less irritating (how can a Psy-Ops expert be so obtuse?), and you are weaving in the winery story in a way I appreciate.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 4/6/2014
I loved how agent Rye is a spectacular failure. I loved how he is questioning Chuck to see if he is not really an agent. Too Funny. Please continue.
cristiancereseto chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Nice twist of the plot, so now they're in isolations? can't wait for the next chapter and your version of fear of death!
resaw chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
I liked this chapter. Among other things, I'm glad you are for the most part out of Muurderrr (sp?); I always found that to be a claustrophobic episode, and never got that much enjoyment out of it. I liked your retelling of the situation, but still, I'm happy to be moving on.

I'm really glad you are taking a crack at Agent Rye. He was another character who I found unremittingly irritating. Is he redeemable in your hands?

Intriguing final section in the winery. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with it.

Happy spring! Does it feel like it yet in your region?
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
i loved this chapter. I loved how Chuck is the guinea pig for Manoosh. I loved how another psy op was brought in. Please continue.