Reviews for The Center of My Heart
Sugie chapter 38 . 9/13
Edith's wedding went off without a hitch and I'm glad for her. That's a testament to your fine writing and skill, because normally I have no use for Edith. It was interesting as well seeing the parallels between Anthony and Matthew. The situations may be different, but the struggles of both men to accept love and happiness were quite similar. Lovely ending.
lovesreading chapter 38 . 9/11
I don't have time for my usual in depth review as I am working full time, and doing grad school, but I really enjoyed this chapter. It was nice to see Edith get her happy ending, and to see Matthew and Mary be able to enjoy each other almost like any other married couple! I thought it was also great that Mary and Edith could have the conversation about proposals and being lucky without the tragedy of the conversation in its original form. Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to more!
Palindrome310 chapter 38 . 9/11
I'm so glad that Edith and Anthony are happy and married. It was interesting to see Edith and Mary comparing their similar struggle about Matthew and Anthony."

Martha is an acquired taste" made me smile!

Nice remembrance of their picnic. They really have gone through a lot!
FredGinnyBillWeasley chapter 38 . 9/10
Thank you so much for such a wonderful story! It is truly beautiful, and makes me happy whenever I read it. I can't wait for the next chapter! :-)
alliluna chapter 38 . 9/8
Aww, what an adorable chapter! I absolutely loved the way you redid the scene from season 4 with Mary and Edith- it was one of the few scenes I fully enjoyed in season 4, but I definitely like it better in this context! And the picnic was so cute I was squealing, look at how far they've come! And I just love the level of comfort they have with each other! My one complaint is that I wanted it to be longer (although this is about the length of my usual chapters so I shouldn't complain, I've just been spoiled with some wonderfully long chapters :P). I love it, and naturally I can't wait for the next chapter!
Klarinette49 chapter 38 . 9/8
I love Matthew and Martha's relationship and I can't wait to have her back (I'm sure it's going to be great fun again).
I am so glad Edith didn't get jilted! I always liked her and Anthony together and I hope this can also bring her and Mary closer as they share their moments of happiness and struggle in their respective marriages. The way you portray them and their sister-bond feels so much more realistic, mature and interesting than what we had in canon. They grew up, moved on and now have a more healthy relationship and it brings so much more to them and to the story. Anyway that's what we should have had and I'm glad you gave us this version ;-)
As for that last part and Mary and Matthew going back to "their" spot, it was adorable. Their spot, their song, their line, I love it! How far they've come indeed :-)
ameliapemerson chapter 38 . 9/7
So sweet how you managed to get that canon line "He's going to propose" in your story. Lovely talk with Edith-the kind we should have had between the sisters. "He was Branson then..."lol. Also a great line. Can't wait for baby Crawley soon!
Aha...a wedding, not a jiltling for Edith! Although it did seem to come close to not happening - a few times preceeding the wedding as well as tension during the ceremony. Would Anthony follow through at the ceremony and/or would Violet interrupt it with an objection!

Lovely conversation between Edith and Mary. The relationship you brought to these two - honest, open and supportive of each other - is so much more likeable then the immature sniping that JF perpetuated between them.

Will Sybil and Tom return? Hopefully Edith and Anthony will come back from honeymoon more settled and secure in their marriage too.
dashabout chapter 38 . 9/7
Hooray for Edith! Her portrayal here is so satisfying; I like her much more than the "poor Edith" in canon.

Your characterizations really are believable and poignant. The last scene with Mary and Matthew is simple yet gripping. "Look at us" gave me chills!

I just adore this story!
timeandpixiedust chapter 38 . 9/6
I loved how you combined the scene from season 4 ("he's going to propose!") and the one with Mary and Edith st the end of season 6. It's so nice to see everyone so happy! Great chapter!
eyeon chapter 38 . 9/6
Wonderful. I'm so glad Anthony didn't walk out on Edith! How romantic that Mary and Matthew went back to the spot Tom found for them! Blissful! I felt like I could almost see the picnic scene!
ShippingMaryandMatthewForever chapter 37 . 9/2
Love your chapters as always. Can't wait for more
Apollo888 chapter 37 . 8/19
The changes to the canon scenes we know so well are lovely to read. Martha was hilarious and I enjoyed how Matthew handled her. He was never one to be intimidated by anyone. Happy for Edith and Mary getting along, although I wonder if picking up the day after the wedding means they actually went through with it this time...haha. Well done.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 37 . 8/13
I liked Martha and Matthew's interaction, and I especially enjoyed Martha accosting Violet to ask for all the details about Violet matchmaking Edith and Anthony. Haha, so perfect. :)
AmeriGirlTN chapter 37 . 8/11
Oh my heart! I've now read this chapter three times and how I wish we could talk Mr Fellowes in buying this for a DA movie and convince Dan & Michelle into starting in it.
The love between them is so beautiful and pure. They've been through so much and now the joy of a baby which they never thought possible. I know this fic is coming to an end but please give us some scenes of Poppa Matthew running and playing with a toddler. We were robbed of that in canon and it still breaks my heart.
Thanks for sharing this wonderfully written story with us.
No, thank you so very, very much. Hugs!