Reviews for The Center of My Heart
eyeon chapter 44 . 7/12
Truly an excellent analysis of Matthew's point-of- view by Mary now that she was in a chair. You have us on pins and needles out here, I hope you write more soon.
DAGuest chapter 44 . 7/8
Great follow-up chapter to a very tense situation. So happy that the baby is doing well even though it's still a delicate situation. Loved how attentive and intuitive Matthew is Mary being in the hospital. Most interestingly, it was interesting seeing how Mary empathize with Matthew being confined to a wheelchair. Just love how you write Matthew and Mary being so supportive together. Can't wait for the birth of George!
alliluna chapter 44 . 7/3
This was such a delightful thing to come home to after a very long day; an update of this fic always cheers me up, even if it's angsty. This definitely had the right dose of angst along with the sweetness between MM that we all love so much.

I absolutely loved the role reversal in this. Seeing Matthew care for Mary in the same way that she's done for him is so interesting, and I adore how you've done it. I also loved when Mary acknowledged the similarities (and important differences) between their situations. It was such an interesting conversation for them to have and a good acknowledgement of where they've been and what they've come through.

As always, I adored the chapter and eagerly await the next chapter (although perhaps not too eagerly, as I will be sad to see the day when I don't have another update of this to look forward to). Thanks for the update!
Palindrome310 chapter 44 . 7/3
Amazing chapter! Excellent way to portray the emotion that the bed rest have brought! The empathy about the evident parallel of their situations allows Mary and Matthew to reinterpretate their history so far and realise how much they have learnt and changed.
MsMenna chapter 44 . 7/2
I was in tears! I had to read this chapter twice. That is how wonderful it was.

All I can say is THANK YOU for portraying my favorite couple so beautifully. You have Matthew down pat and Mary is Matthew's Mary. I love it.

Your scenes were vivid and poignant.

Now bring on George!

Very well done!
Dawns Heart chapter 44 . 7/2
This chapter was heart-wrenching but lovely. I loved that there was increased understanding from Mary about how awful it was for Matthew and I loved how observant and protective Matthew (and Anna) were of Mary. Excellent chapter. Thanks for sharing :)
timeandpixiedust chapter 44 . 7/1
I’m so glad you reassured us that everything will be all right. It was so sad to see them so worried. I love how Matthew is slowly but surely getting better. Great chapter!
ameliapemerson chapter 44 . 6/30
"no no no the chair's for Lady Mary..." Ah how Matthew must have so many mixed emotions with that sentence. Glad to know baby's doing fine (I trust Matthew :) and Mary's home and understands just that bit more what he's endured and how he endured because of her love and strength. I love them so! Excellent chapter as always!
Naniee chapter 44 . 6/30
Argh! Not an easy pregnancy for Mary! Thankfully Matthew is here :) Will she keep to bedrest until month 8?
RavenclawWeasel531 chapter 44 . 6/29
Loved this chapter! Personally, I think the baby is coming, but that's just me:). Clarkson has been wrong before. Can't wait for the next update.
stacey caitlin chapter 43 . 6/24
Thank you so much for keeping this wonderful story going. The last two chapters were so beautiful! I am very happy with Matthew’s progress; I feel like I am experiencing his struggles and victories and frustrations and hopes like they were my own. The part that touched me the most was when Matthew realized that he could actually lose Mary, after all that they have been through. That was so poignant and profound. For him to confront his deepest fears like that struck a chord in me. It would be devastating, especially with a love like theirs. But I trust that things will work out, scary contractions notwithstanding!
RavenclawWeasel531 chapter 43 . 6/17
Whaaaaaat! You DID NOT JUST LEAVE IT THERE! THAT'S CRUELTY TO A READER!
I mean, that was a really great chapter, and I'd love it if you'd update soon.
Suriee chapter 43 . 6/14
Love the chapter, as always!
Itz193 chapter 43 . 6/11
I just found this lovely story! Please update soon.
Dagmar chapter 43 . 6/10
Oh no, such a cliffhanger! I will trust that everything will be all right but can't wait for the next chapter so I know for sure!