Reviews for The Measure of a Man
ThomE.Gemcity-06 chapter 1 . 6/19
My favorite part was the bit about d'Artagnan getting hit in the head with fish, three times, THREE! It was truly great. And now he gets to hold it over them and get his revenge!
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
That was great, made me laugh, quite a lot.
Jan chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Most enjoyable. You successfully captured the personalities of all the boys, not a particularly easy thing to do. I'm glad that you included Treville in your story. Treville is what I consider to be the fifth musketeer and I love the scenes, whether in the show or in fanfic, in which he chews them out. How I wish that you could be on the writing staff for the show. That, unfortunately not being the case, please keep writing more fanfic stories. They're great.
bindsy chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
I loved this! The banter is great. :)
Yuki Suou chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
That last part was specially funny. :) nice job
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
Haha! Oh my gosh, this is perfect - my favourite Musketeers fic I've read so far. Picking on d'Artagnan is just too much fun - everything from making him run to the docks to making him climb up the drain had me laughing. At least he got to say, "I told you so" at the end. The characters were perfect - it was all perfect! :)
Rhesa chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Love it! Please write more stories. Great voices for all characters
ThorneofAcre chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Aww! I LOVE this. So much snark, so much adorable brotherly ribbing, and so very perfectly in character. I could totally see this happening on the show. It is AWESOME. You my friend, have a natural talent, a very solid grasp of each character's voice and an amazing style. If this is your first foray into the fandom, I would definitely read anything else you write.
I have three older brothers and they are EXACTLY like this. And we've already seen how all three of them treat d'Artagnan as a younger brother, what with the Constance teasing and the training and ganging up on the guy.
My favorite part: Treville asking for HIS breakfast, Athos speculating that d'Artagnan would get familiar with the rite of passage very soon and d'Artagnan pulling out his sword on Porthos. The last one was pure genius. you give several boys pointy objects to play with and something like that is bound to happen. Also Porthos' Thank god he didn't have any breakfast. God, this is awesome. I'm just...

Welcome to the fandom. We are delighted and honored to have a writer of your caliber here. We hope you fit in nicely and write many many more amazing stories like this one.
anan chapter 1 . 3/30/2014