Reviews for Caffrey Flashback
SmolCaffrey chapter 32 . 12/3/2017
Also, all the books in this series are yours, and the other series is Silbrith’s? Or are the series the same one?
SmolCaffrey chapter 32 . 12/3/2017
Just finished reading this! Definitely a memorable and amazing book! I’m glad Neal got to meet Sara for the first time and Peter’s like a full time dad to him now. Anyways, I’ve gotta go read the next onebut I believe this one will probably stay my favorite!
PastOneonta chapter 32 . 12/19/2016
This was wonderful, I enjoyed it a great deal. Neal's crisis and recovery was very stressful but so well written we had more hope and less anguish. Very well done to convey a difficult experience for the beloved character who ultimately is stronger because of it. I did feel very badly for him throughout the story. His childhood was tough as his mom couldn't show love consistently, the kidnapping, the loneliness. Neal did find art and an incredible talent that was also well written so that even if we don't know anything about art we can respect and admire.

Now my worry turns to Henry and his anguish. His father has possibly done more damage to his psyche than Neal's father did to him. Where is Henry going? What will he do? Who will help him? I loved that Henry, even as he learned more of the horrible truth of his own father, he continued to care for Neal. Even setting Sara in his path. They could be adorable together. Looking forward to it, and to the rest of the stories.
PastOneonta chapter 27 . 12/19/2016
Neal's reflections on his mom were painful, but helpful. I was glad he could express it to Noelle, so that he could see he wasn't the problem in his mom's life. Also I think it was good for Noelle to hear it, not as a lesson for insisting Neal go with his mom into WITSEC, but so that Noelle could accurately see her sister and Neal's life with her. I like the introduction of Joe Burke, as an architect and interested in art. Looking forward to seeing what happens with him and Noelle. What is on Henry's mind that Neal is worried about? Robert? WinWin? I like that Neal wants to reciprocate all the help he's received recently.
PastOneonta chapter 18 . 12/18/2016
We are so grateful to see Neal through the immediate crisis. Now on to the next phase. He's confused. Confused enough to think his mother wanted to kill him when he was younger? Or is this really a memory? Either way, it's concerning. Thank goodness Henry and Noelle are there,

I am enjoying the new characters, the family of Caffreys. Irene seems absolutely delightful, what a lovely grandmother she is and she will be for Neal.

So much going on with the case! Tell Peter to hurry and figure things out!
PastOneonta chapter 10 . 12/2/2016
I thought Neal's perspective that his longest con was his life in order to hide from abuse was expressed very effectively. He put the abuse in a box in his head and proceeded as though it hasn't happened. Until he met Peter and trusted a father figure again. Noelle is excellent, she's kind, caring and persistent. Neal is not going to be able to hide from her help. He continues to amaze me with the absence of bitterness or resentment towards his mother and how her actions and inactions could have ruined his life. Now he has learned he potentially could have remained with the Winslows and he is not even resentful.

His impersonation as Henry concerned me too. But I was glad he talked to Peter about how he felt about being called 'son'. His art sounds amazing. You have written a complete character, he's human, he struggles, he has bad days, he wants more in life. Reading on...
PastOneonta chapter 6 . 11/16/2016
Looking forward to seeing Henry again! And how Peter will be able to work with this young man that he doesn't manage.
PastOneonta chapter 5 . 11/16/2016
Neal has a lot going on. All aspects of his life are asking for a piece of him, either his heart or his brain or his soul. He has made a great transition to the FBI but it is still a new job where he is proving himself, meeting expectations that are imposed on him and trying to find the reward in it. Kate is breaking his heart and I want to shout at her not to hurt him but I think it's a heartbreak he has to endure. The thought that she might have been with Adler is rough, I hope he can let it go. It's not worth more consideration. Byron, who is a wonderful person that Neal only met too recently, is about to pass away and the grief will be difficult. Actually I am worried that the grief will be right in his home. That will make it more difficult. Sessions with the therapist are upcoming.

The job, the Highbury assignment, Kate, Byron, therapy, a lot going on. It's good that he has the interest in music that is a distraction and a pleasure. I thought the song choices were excellent! Hard and determined and freeing!
Arches67 chapter 32 . 4/18/2016
Great, great story.
Of course, I started reading it before realizing it was part of a "series", so some things were weird at the beginning, but the story so catching that I just went on.
I'm not a big fan of AUs usually, but I love this universe you created. I will definitely go back to read the other installments.
Well done, thanks for a good reading.
A.
ClocoRocks chapter 8 . 1/8/2016
It's a sign of a good author if they can make me cry over the death of a fictional character, and I'm quite teary-eyed right now.
Leprechaungirl chapter 8 . 12/30/2015
This chapter was particularly hard for me. My uncle passed away on Boxing Day, his celebration of life is tomorrow. Also my grandma passed away just before Christmas last year, that was hard for different reasons. But it was a good chapter. Thank you.
marJan 53 chapter 29 . 5/9/2015
I loved Angela's song choices they fit her cousins/ older brothers perfectly
MarJan53 chapter 19 . 5/7/2015
Even Mozzie couldn't tellneal and Henry apart at first glance and he had just talked to Neal Churchill doesn't have a prayer
MarJan53 chapter 11 . 5/6/2015
Slick move on Neal's part to hide his involvement on the record and do a good deed at the same time Neal Legend has left the building pun intended with all the Elvis rumors both of them dead?
marJan 53 chapter 18 . 2/8/2015
Neal really lucked out with his biological family he has really awesome grandparents with considerable clout