Reviews for Deceivers
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 6/5
Really excellent tag. You got into everyone's heads brilliantly.
Knyle Borealis chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
*weeps from stress of mangled feelings*
50 Kat chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Wow this was amazing. I really liked how you brought Kono's feelings out and I think you have captured the characters essences right on the money. The tie in to the dear Danno letter was perfect. I enjoyed this and your other stories very much. Thanks and keep writing!
tvj12 chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
This was wonderfully well-written, and you shouldn't worry because it turned out great. I did like Kono's part of the story-I don't recall many (if any) tags I've read to this episode digging into her story for the mission. You did a great job on the emotional fall-out that affected everyone on the team. Thanks for sharing! -tvj12
FicreaderT chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I'm glad you wrote this because I think it was an amazing, well-written tag to an excellent episode and I very much enjoyed reading it! Well done!
Smooth Doggie chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
It is a beautiful piece, thank you for taking all that time pondering over it's content before posting it. I believe you captured the horrors of torture quite rightly, not just on the person inflicted with such horror but the people who get caught up in the backlash of such an act. How much it must have hurt and frustrated poor Kono to be side-lined right at that point, it is little wonder she is finds herself so tormented at the 'survival drinks'. You captured the military feel of things very well - the way the SEALs reacted once back at Steve's place - right on, well done.
ElleEm89 chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
I thought this was fantastic. That episode in particular has always seemed haunting to me. There was way too much that happened to just have everyone go on like normal, and not show anything about how they recovered.
I loved how you went into the psychological issues that they'd all be facing because of what happened. Steve, of course, would be having a hard time, but the show never really went through that. I'm glad you weren't afraid to show how this would really be affecting him. Danny would be having a hard time seeing Steve suffer, and it was heartbreaking to read about how much pain he was in because Steve had gone through so much.
And the stuff about Kono was something I had never really thought about. Watching the show, you know they aren't going to kill off one of the core four, so I never imagined what would happen to Kono if the rest of them simply never came back. That's very disconcerting to think about, but I'm glad you brought it up. Her lingering fears about what could have happened, her honesty about what they as a group needed to do better, and Chin realizing how right she is and having his own doubts about himself were beautifully written and very truthful to feelings they'd have if they were real people.
Thank you for writing this. I feel like you really hit what the show always tends to miss, and that's very deep seated emotional issues, portraying them like people rather than characters that just bounce back from trouble. I'll be on the lookout for more of your stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
This is wonderful and one can tell you've been working on it for quite some time. Danny's and Kono's reactions felt so true (one thing about Kono, she would be the one to speak the truth about how they ALL felt). And Danno did the hardest thing of all: letting go.
Well done!
/Belker
magikmarker chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I loved this. Have never really thought of these things from Kono's pov before andi read this thinking-wow exactly right. fabulous writing. Thanks!
Fifilla chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Thank you so much for writing and posting!
So many emotions and so very sad. Beautifully written!
Ally chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I think I just died reading that. My heart is pounding and I think my head is going to explode. That. Was. Perfect.
The letting go. The feels there. And Kono staying behind, and what she must have gone through. And Chin who is still trying to be Zen, and Danny who keeps lying.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
That was excellent! The show may not be doing great things at the moment, but it's fantastic to have stories adding to plots when it was.
Gone2Far chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
What a wonderful piece. Even though others have written tags to this episode, no one had done such an introspectively thorough job of it. You really covered everything that needed to be addressed and the amazing part is that you covered things we didn't even know needed to be given some sort of closure. Amazing.
Irene Claire chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Simply brilliant! Really really so well done! thanks for sharing!
Wilhelm Wigworthy chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Awesome! Whew... that's some imagery and mood. Keep that gold a-flowing.