Reviews for A Spoonful of Sugar
YouDidn'tSeeThatComing616 chapter 1 . 6/16
Here I am. Again. Reading the fic for the fifth time I think? I read it as guest before. Anyways, you’re really inactive these days on ffnet, so you’ll probably never see the review, but I’d like to tell you anyways. Great story. I like all your avengers stories, though my favorite probably is “one of those days” which I have read more than 20 times in a month. I’m gonna go reread that one again now. Bye! And thanks for such amazing stories.
time2read chapter 1 . 5/23
This was a good fic especially in regards to consent and what it means.
SaiyaCat chapter 1 . 5/16
Aawww
That was AMAZING. feels were tightly woven along the lines and the charecters were on point. Tony's motto being "Fake it 'till you make it." Seems very likely and that was very clever of you to connect that line to Stark.
Did I mention that this was amazing?
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 2/22
Good job!
Mulberries chapter 1 . 12/13/2017
Good story. I enjoyed reading it. And the theme is important. The only thing I'd pick on is that the summary is very ambiguous.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/11/2017
Awww...*sniff* Good story.
teedub chapter 1 . 8/9/2017
This was a very...intelligent discussion about consent and rights of the "patient". Especially avoiding using rape as an basis for conveying and exploring "non-consent". Yes, it's common but sometimes I think that all the ramification of consent are lost when using that. It's emotionally charged, many people don't actually consider it rape if the person is unable to say "no" as well a mess of other minefields that cause the message of "consent" to be lost.

Though Steve might have a chance to regain his trust, and potentially Thor, I really can't see Natasha or Clint in the same category. Natasha because that was essentially her third strike. Clint because he shows no remorse and is defensive of his actions, trying to justify them to all and sundry.

Personally, I would dis-invite Natasha from my home. She just isn't trustworthy. I'd probably reconsider trusting her at my back while fighting as well. I'd really have to think twice about making and giving her more and better tools of assassination since she could very easily turn them against me.
FanFics4allppl chapter 1 . 7/29/2017
Omg this is amazing! I usually don't read fics longers than 4-5k, but I read the whole thing and it's awesome! Good job!
MagicWarriorDragon chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
This was really great. I just love Tony and his issues and his trust issues are one of the things that are fun to see and I always love to see more of. He has been betrayed a lot... Thank you for writing this.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
this was great I can hardly imagine Steve doing something like that but you never know... The other though should have been punished more. Steve seemed to be the only one that actually realized (by the end) what they did was not in anyway acceptable.
caligo-lux chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
...as i read it again after so many monthes i have to say that steves characterization is so spot on it is astonishing. He showed the exact same behavior in civil war where he spit in the face of 117 nations wanting laws and guidlines for the avengers thinking he knows best and can do what he wants without repercussioun and regard to the wishes of other nations , their souvereignity and their laws.
Tekie Scythe chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Kinda curious how the others fair.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
Interesting Story, very good with a content wich is a little disturbing, but important to make known.
Even if I personally never had something like that happen to me quite a few of my friends, classmates and companions tried to get me to drink even if I didnt drink any alcohol as a Teenager and still drink nearly nothing. THey would give me a beer and want me to drink it or a cocktail and expect the same. Once I tried a sip of a Cocktail with just a little alcohol by a friend and when I said, that this wasnt so bad they mixed me one with much more alcohol, I could taste it. It was nearly pur 40% alcohol and I felt as if I was a Little drunk from just one sip. I dont understand how they could give me more than 300ml of 40% alcohol when they knew before that I had never even drank a beer. After that I didnt trust them as before and it solidified that I only drank water and maybe cola on Partys and never drank out of my glass after I gave the glass out of my hand.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/5/2015