Reviews for A Spoonful of Sugar
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/11
Awww...*sniff* Good story.
teedub chapter 1 . 8/9
This was a very...intelligent discussion about consent and rights of the "patient". Especially avoiding using rape as an basis for conveying and exploring "non-consent". Yes, it's common but sometimes I think that all the ramification of consent are lost when using that. It's emotionally charged, many people don't actually consider it rape if the person is unable to say "no" as well a mess of other minefields that cause the message of "consent" to be lost.

Though Steve might have a chance to regain his trust, and potentially Thor, I really can't see Natasha or Clint in the same category. Natasha because that was essentially her third strike. Clint because he shows no remorse and is defensive of his actions, trying to justify them to all and sundry.

Personally, I would dis-invite Natasha from my home. She just isn't trustworthy. I'd probably reconsider trusting her at my back while fighting as well. I'd really have to think twice about making and giving her more and better tools of assassination since she could very easily turn them against me.
FanFics4allppl chapter 1 . 7/29
Omg this is amazing! I usually don't read fics longers than 4-5k, but I read the whole thing and it's awesome! Good job!
MagicWarriorDragon chapter 1 . 3/2
This was really great. I just love Tony and his issues and his trust issues are one of the things that are fun to see and I always love to see more of. He has been betrayed a lot... Thank you for writing this.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
this was great I can hardly imagine Steve doing something like that but you never know... The other though should have been punished more. Steve seemed to be the only one that actually realized (by the end) what they did was not in anyway acceptable.
caligo-lux chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
...as i read it again after so many monthes i have to say that steves characterization is so spot on it is astonishing. He showed the exact same behavior in civil war where he spit in the face of 117 nations wanting laws and guidlines for the avengers thinking he knows best and can do what he wants without repercussioun and regard to the wishes of other nations , their souvereignity and their laws.
Tekie Scythe chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Kinda curious how the others fair.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
Interesting Story, very good with a content wich is a little disturbing, but important to make known.
Even if I personally never had something like that happen to me quite a few of my friends, classmates and companions tried to get me to drink even if I didnt drink any alcohol as a Teenager and still drink nearly nothing. THey would give me a beer and want me to drink it or a cocktail and expect the same. Once I tried a sip of a Cocktail with just a little alcohol by a friend and when I said, that this wasnt so bad they mixed me one with much more alcohol, I could taste it. It was nearly pur 40% alcohol and I felt as if I was a Little drunk from just one sip. I dont understand how they could give me more than 300ml of 40% alcohol when they knew before that I had never even drank a beer. After that I didnt trust them as before and it solidified that I only drank water and maybe cola on Partys and never drank out of my glass after I gave the glass out of my hand.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
Very, very well done!
Ihatechoosinganame chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
Interesting story
may chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
I am very impressed how you managed to tackle the issue of consent without falling back on a stereotypical rape scenario, while simultaneously managing to make the story conceivable, well written, and interesting throughout. Congratulations! This is one of the most original fanfics I've ever read :)
Post U Later chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
Oh Poor Tony, I Can't Imagine Getting Drugged Like That. I Highly Doubt I'd EVER Trust Them Again. & My Trust Issues Are Practically Nonexistent Next To Tony's. Though I'm Curious, Will Tony Every Completely Forgive Them? I Mean, He's Discussing It With Steve, But What About The Others. I Mean, This Is The 2nd Time For Natasha, Will Tony Have It In His Heart To Forgive Her A Second Time? & That Betrayal Poisoned It For The Others? Or Will He Be Able To Forgive Clint & Thor Too Given Time & Proof That They're Truly Sorry & Won't Do It Again?

So, I Guess What I'm Really Asking Is, Will There Be More? A Second Chapter Perhaps?
BeautifulHalfBlood chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
This was an awesome story and I loved it! Your stories are amazing and I look forward to more writing from you.
XxBookScarxX chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Thank you for this, I get so very sick of the 'secretly drug and/or treat someone for their own good' trope. This is not only ethically and morally wrong it is very illegal, I'm sick of seeing it used like a joke to be laughed at. You got the point across in an entertaining and informative way, hopefully people who read this will understand that this is not how you care for someone it is battery plain and simple.
Rosie Jakklan chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
God, so good. Shit. I love the message here - you can tell that they all do it from good intentions, and it's all of them drugging him at the SAME TIME that nearly kills him, but I love the message here. On this sight there are many stories where someone is weak, and another person makes decisions that they decide are best for them. Even when the weaker party does not want it. It's seen as some sort of affectionate protectiveness, and is usually looked on with fondness.

But I love that you dealt with this reality - that it is not fucking okay to do anything physical to a person unless they want it, even when you think it'll be good for them. Bruce's speech about hospital procedure was golden - If medical professionals can't do it, friends sure as hell can't do it.

I love that the characters stayed in character, I love that Tony had deep-seated PTSD issues with the stuff his friends did and didn't express them - because he should not have to - and I love that they all learned their lesson. It's a great one.

I can't even take this...I'm gonna go read it again now. God.

Ash