Reviews for Need For Change
ProlifeJesusFreakWriterGal chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
So true. I was like that too for awhile. does make me sad though when I see people who are Christians cussing, telling dirty jokes, and just leading sinful lifestyles. And I don't me to judge either, it's really easy for that to happen. That was great by the way.
Jacqueline Kenney chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
I know what you mean! LIVE YOUR FAITH! It's so sad to see it, Cafeteria Catholics in my church, picking and choosing what they want to believe. That's not the way it works. That's why I try so hard to live my faith, so that I'm Christian, so that I'm for Christ, through and through.

God Bless!
the grinning bobcat chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Wow... like my whole life story... My story is almost exactly the same... I was suicidal at one point, but I was too scared to do anything about it... The depression is also an echo of what happened to me... Even the anime thing is weird, I kinda feel like it's wrong, but it's really hard to tear yourself away from something like that... But now that I think about it, I was always ashamed of being an otaku... I know about being a skin-deep Christian... If you've got any helpful hints or any advice and stuff feel free to pass it this way... I'd appreciate it a lot... Anyways, this is kinda long, so bye, and thanks for writing down your story... I like your ideas for the flames and the reactions, I've noticed that too, about half of the "Bible" fanfics are written by people who are either nonreligious, from another religion, etc. I'm glad to see that your feedback has been, for the most part, positive. Anyway, God bless, and continue being a... lol, Defender of the Faith... j/k, good work, I'm actually trying to be that expressive myself, k, bye
ArchArtistWriter chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Well done, my girl. Very well said.
arizona chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
i am so touched by your story. I'm an anime freak too but i can't watch too many anime becouse of all the bad stuff in 3/4 of it, but i manage.

I go to a christian school and i totally agree on the camoflauge thing, i think people at public school are nicer than here. i have confirmation from a guy who was practically driven from the school by all the meanness of the kids. I have felt that sting of meaness all my life and am a grizzled old vetern of it. i too battle with depression a lot( i have succeeded in drilling most of my frontal emotions from them and they leave me alone most of the time)

But fortunately i'm doing better because a new girl came to my school this year and we became best friends and i have a fantastic teacher who is helping me too.

i hate that so many "christians" don't act like it, i mean why are there so few of us who actually care about others ( i am the only one who tries to be friend with two guys in my class, they are excluded and have no friends)

i am a really friendly, sensitive person behind the mask and am getting a lot better at showing it to other people.

I am very proud to say that i am getting better at talking to God and being one of his kids.

Its nice to know that theres a superbeing out there that likes you and wants to be your dad adn give you tons of great things like eternal life and a paradise to live in for free. i like to use such easy language when talking about God.

I hate all the formal God talk like "our heavenly father" and " our father in heaven"

sorry if that offends some people but that type of talking is boring to me and to makes god for old people.

well nice talking to ya and i really identify with you on your views.
DragonRaye chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
great, great piece of writing. you are blessed with the gift of pointing out just the right things (at least to me). and to anyone reading this, i heard of something that makes a strong difference. it's called the 30-second kneeldown where everyday for at least 30 seconds you kneel at your locker (or for the big people, wherever you work) and pray. yes, you'll get raised eyebrows and a few questions, probably even a few jokes and insults. but if you pay attention, over time there'll be less against you and more interest in the things of the Kingdom. if you want things to change, start with yourself, maybe start here.

(wow, i almost wrote a fic here... anyway, i'm always open to more ideas, and i'm willing to bet i'm not the only one.)

god bless.
Chaos of the Scythe chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
Really thought provoking. It reminds me of an email. A masked "gunman" goes in to a chruch of 20,000 and asks who is willing to die for Jesus. Only twenty stay while all the others run. The "gunman" removes his masks and tells the pastor that he can now start mass since the hypocrites have been removed. This story made me think of that. You're right and more people need to see that.

~Heart of the Sword
Sierra chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
White Wave Dancer chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
As a Catholic Christian AND an anime fan, I have to say, this is a great piece of work. Clear, honest, and it's very obvious that you are truly trying to live your life as God wishes you to. A rare quality in teenagers today. And don't worry, I may love anime, but God is still first in my life. (I even gave up Sailor Moon DVDs for lent last year, and probably will again. lol.) It's okay to make room for both. Go ahead! Yak with your friends about the latest episode of Sailor Moon. Just make sure you thank God for the wonderful world He has given us first. _! Love and blessings be upon you.
yente chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
Man, do I understand what you're saying!

Lately, this hypocritical Christian thing has been getting to me too- I live in a very, very, VERY Mennonite town (Mennonites are Anabaptist Protestant Christians) and everyone I know except for I think 3 or 4 people go to a Christian church. Everyone, in theory, is Christian, but my town's teenage pregnancy rate is higher than the surrounding areas, and they're doing drug testing at my school because they're concerned about drugs! So how Christian does that sound to you?

In this supposedly Christian town, I know that if I mentioned God or praying at school, most people would think I'm weird. I'm trying not to let that bother me, though, and I've become more determined to be and ACT like a Christian!
J0SH-H chapter 1 . 10/27/2002
Glad. That's what I am. Glad that at least someone had gotten very sick of many things, and had finally decided to shout to all the world. Many things that you have said are all too true.
ButterflyGuitar chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
I'm with you on this, girl. Christians these days do need to practice what they preach, and keep track of their priorities. God should come first, then everything else (anime included). I myself have been the victim of anime obsession, you should have seen me this morning when Yu-Gi-Oh came on...O.O Anyway, thank you for kindly pointing out that we do need to be more Christ-like. I'll pray for you. Us Jesus Freaks need to stick together. _ Oh, and by the way, praying for flamers is a good idea! I'm going to start doing that. Keep writing!

~What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus Freak?/What will people do when they find that it's true?/I don't really care if they label me a Jesus Freak/There ain't no disguising the truth~ Jesus Freak by dcTalk Good song. Hopefully some inspiration..._
Harvestboy2001again chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
Eliana: Hey, if you want more encouragement. I gave up Anime too a while ago. I know that it can be a very dangerous thing once it gets addicting. It's like wine. A little can be good for you, but once you have too much, it's addicting. Of course, that's the reason I stay away from wine... that and the fact that I'm 15. ;-)
Eliana chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
Thank you all for your opinions, no matter what they are. I just wanted to clarify a few things and reply to some people.

Mercuria, I think you misunderstood the entire point of the essay. I was not complaining about the difficulties of being a Christian, or saying any other religion isn't difficult to stand for. I'm not sure exactly where you got that misinterpretation from.

Harvestboy, thank you for your words of encouragement, on this and my poems.

first thing we do, I was not implying we should all wear "Christian" badges, but only that we need to show Christian characteristics.

Fae, thank you, and I hope my little essay will inspire a few of those Christians to follow what they believe.

V-Babe, I wasn't saying that other people should give up anime. It was a personal choice of mine to fast from anime for a period of time, only because it was becoming an addiction. I think choices about things like anime, Harry Potter, role play, etc. should be between yourself and God. None of them are bad, it just depends on what you can handle without losing your focus.

That said, I'd like to thank everyone who read, and I hope you got something from my piece of writing. God bless.

Eridani Black chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
Very good story, and very, very true. I agree with you, but I have a feeling that you want people to give up anime and, well. I'm just not going to do that. As long as I'm not running around thinking I can cast magic or that magic exists, I'm fine. Viewing something and likeing it is different than practicing it and believing in it. I will also continue to read Harry Potter, watch scary movies and Role Play. Anyways, good story. _ BTW, I hate Eminem too. x.x'