Reviews for The Cruelest Month
My brother has autism. I'm the kid of big sister who would kill a person if they hurt him. He's verbal, super-smart, and has a relativly normal life, but there are kids with autism ranging from as high-functioning as my bro to worse than Sam was depicted here. You did well.
Colby's girl chapter 30 . 10/14/2014
These stories were a late find for me. I enjoyed each and every one of them and certainly hope you write something like this again. It was a real treat!
Crimson Ink Blot chapter 9 . 10/9/2014
love the fic
Sylvana chapter 30 . 7/29/2014
Hi there, all the stories are great. i think you should write more one-shots.
Briannon O'Hara chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
The information about autism was relatively accurate, except its not a case of 'either you have it or you don't', as it's difficult to diagnose. It's a spectrum disorder, so some people can have it and not even know it, and other people can be completely incapacitated. If someone was so badly affected as to be non-verbal and unresponsive to the degree you described (not knowing when people leave or enter the room, hitting against things), I doubt he would be able to be called 'smart' or even go to school at all. There a limits to what any teacher can handle. I have mild Asperger's syndrome, and I didn't even know it until I was fifteen and had a panic attack after I was completely overwhelmed by sensory sensitivity. I've had to learn how to calm myself down in these situations and, if I can't block it out, to know when to remove myself. My school has a program for disadvantaged kids, but for the program to be of any use, they have to be relating to the world around them and responsive for most of the time.
LAHH chapter 30 . 7/3/2014
Finally caught up on these! Great series. Thanks for writing
BerserkerHellHound chapter 10 . 6/8/2014
I feel like you chose her name specifically because you know how much I had "Nadine" (and Harold *violent fist shake*). Anyways, I liked this one, but of course that's probably because there's a lot more violence than your previous chapbooks and as you know, the more violence the more family fun :D
BerserkerHellHound chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
Mmm beavertails :D
Oh my dear, obviously it's been a long time since you updated your CPR because that is not how EpiPens are administered. Ask me tomorrow :)
BerserkerHellHound chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I write this as I wait for that damned water softener to finish cycling so I can go back to sleep... Anyways, good first chapter. John was the appropriate level of complete asshole and everyone else was in character though I don't know if I could ever laugh when it comes to clowns...
Elisab68 chapter 22 . 5/30/2014
Ah John and his cursed training! pfff ... I don't like when John is as uncompromising ..
Elisab68 chapter 21 . 5/30/2014
Sam's visions are terrible. The monster is really bad and Dean is worried about his brother ...
this is very stressful. Congratulations!
Mistycat chapter 30 . 5/15/2014
It has been a pleasure reading each of these. Thanks for sharing your time and talent. If it weren't for the whole RL thing I'd just sit and read your stuff all day...wait, that is what I do (as much as possible anyhow). Seriously, I really enjoy the emotion you evoke with the characters while keeping them in character with the show.
need2no chapter 30 . 5/8/2014
These were great. I enjoyed the whole month. How about doing a similar Month but in reverse: hurt Dean and Sammy to the rescue!?
crowleyandthegoats chapter 30 . 5/7/2014
These were absolutely great. Generally I don't enjoy one shots but I read every single one and I congratulate you on how well you wrote. There were minor things I disagree with, as every fan has their own depiction , but these were stunning. Thank you
Ravenwing2000 chapter 30 . 5/7/2014
Awwwww nononono! These can't finish! These oneshots are what I look forward to reading every single day, they're what's gotten me through the days, they can't finish! I don't know how I'll survive without your writing to look forward to every day :( I'll miss these, this is probably my favourite thing on this whole website, and you're my favourite author on here.