Reviews for Life's Funny Like That
effect20 chapter 1 . 5/24/2020
This should be a movie. Absolutely loved it.

"A man who lost everything, and a boy who never had anything to begin with." Fire
Scribbleness chapter 1 . 8/30/2016
This is a very heartwarming fic! It can even be a standalone fiction without being a fanfic, and that's how you can tell it's a really good fic. I love how this has an underlying message, that you have to learn how to appreciate things in life to have the best of things and to be happy. That's how he saw Rinoa more clearly in his dreams, and it was amazing how you were able to portray that in your fic. Everyone here was loveable, relatable, and sure brought life into your story. I lol'd at the free diving Squall. Even after all his military training, you'd think he could brave the heights. True, he enjoyed it, but he was just as nervous as everyone else. Haha!

Keep up the good work in your writing style and your stories! As usual, amazing work!
RavennaAngelline chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
I'm not even sure *how* missed this... but I LOVED it! I loved it for the journey, and the fact that Squall found so much more than just his dream girl.

Fantastic!
rosieinred chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
You were absolutely right. This story does feel me leaving content. I'm glad you didn't leave any loose ends. In the end, Squall found his dream girl. That's what makes it all worth while. He found exactly what he was looking for. All that other stuff was just a big bonus. As they say, the journey is half the fun...or something like that. I know there's some saying about it, but I just can't remember it exactly. Either way, I really enjoyed Squall's journey. I honestly feel like this would make the best movie ever. :)
x Euphoria chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
I'm not done reading yet but I think it was perfect the way Squall took that one random activity and made it routine lol. I loved that part.

Oh my god. This is amazing. Everything was really perfect. My happiness level is off the charts. Wonderful writing of course too :)
Angel-Wings Naya chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
It took me a while to return and start reading fan fiction stories again, for some reason I haven't been feeling up to reading for a while... I'm so happy I got to read this one-shot! It's so inspiring!
The story really reminded me of one of my favorite books ever, "the alchemist" written by Paulo Coelho, the concept is quite similar, yet your story had it's own originality in it!
You did a great job with this one! I'd like to read more stories like that! :)

No one can predict the future, there are no guarantees
Naya!
anon chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
how about an update for god's dirty work before i officially throw it in the trash? it's been way over a year.
n9neSTAR chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Its been so long since I have read anything on fanfiction and to finally go back and have that chance to read something- something so worth the read is amazing. Im not gonna lie it took me like 2 hrs to read this but it was like the best 2 hrs! This story was a change from your usual stuff but even so I liked it. I love how Squall knew his life sucked and it was empty and had to 180 spin everything out of custom to realize its not so bad to try new things. As for the romance, I didnt mind it. I was way more absorbed in Squall's development than anything else. And towards the end I did tear up a bit lol but that would only mean I loved the story even more.

The story had great connection and the character links were also fun to read. Their involvement pieced the story together and helped Squall move each step.
Great one-shot definitely and always look forward to your work!
MugiwaraLucy89 chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
This was an amazing story, I loved it, hope you get to update 'God's Dirty Work' soon as well :)
LaylaEvercrest chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Awe! I loved it! It was perfect! I did figure it out around Quistis though only because of your forewarning. I try not to think when I read so I can just enjoy the ride, but you message was confusing that it made me start guessing! haha. I really enjoy all your pieces, but this was a nice change of pace because of the lack of violence. Seems like you can go from one or the other easily.
abandoned account 304 chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I really liked reading this; not only because you kept me surprised at every twist and turn, but you managed to incorporate every character and relate them to each other. I especially love how you had Squall meet Laguna and made him realize that he was his father because that was a scene that was never included in the game. I also like how you still managed to make it romantic through the dreams Squall had and how far he would go to find the dream girl, even though the only interaction was in the end (and in the beginning). And how the dream girl was right next to him the whole time as his waitress? Sheer genius. I never saw it coming, and the way you mentioned how you can never dream about people you never met before really had me thinking about how he knew her.

The amount of creativity in this one-shot is amazing and I love how there were no unfinished things (for lack of a better word at the moment) in the ending, the story is complete and it left me with a sense of satisfaction just like how Squall felt. Awesome job, and I look forward to reading more of your works in the future! :)
Thetheft23 chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I liked this story and it was very fun to read!
Gefallenen Engel chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
This was a really great story and really enjoyed reading it.