Reviews for A Second Chance
Rankin de Merthyr chapter 3 . 8/14
Oh, and I'm super glad Archer and Akeno are a couple from the get-go!
Rankin de Merthyr chapter 11 . 8/14
The writing is a bit off... Wordy? Repetitive? I just catch myself thinking "I've already read this worded differently a few paragraphs ago." Also, sometimes the "flow" isn't there. Like flashbacks take a little too long.

However, the story is enjoyable. Quite a lot actually. A solid 9/10 on the ideas. I'm sad about Rayray though. Since I read the Devil May Cry x DxD fic where Raynare is now Dante's maid. Kek.

I also like Archer's is strong right now, but if everyone else is given development, he wouldn't look so strong. Indeed, he never did in Fate series. More often relied on tactics and Rin's plans as well.

To be short, the writing "could be better", but the story is really good that it doesn't hamper it much.
Jose19 chapter 3 . 8/2
You overlook the good inside of Issei you see the perversion but he is extremely loyal to his friends, and the Harem he gained in the story was deserved in my opinion because he didn't try to seduce any of the girls, and went out of his way to help them out of their troubles.
If you begin writing about Archer give him glasses like those from fate extra ccc
Please update this is amazing
Ace of Spies chapter 11 . 7/23
This story is amazing please continue it!
JackVileRipper chapter 6 . 7/22
This FanFic is kinda nice! Or should I say amusing!
scaryorange chapter 5 . 7/21
archer is kinda weak
scaryorange chapter 4 . 7/21
will he be able to trace and recreate any sacred gears?
UPDATE, .AWESOME!
Nice mix of comedy and drama, the fluff between Akeno and Archer is great as well, looking forward to the next chapter.
Sir Cookie chapter 11 . 7/5
Wish there was more. So sad. :(

Some inconstincies but other than that awesome. I like how you emphasize archer's lack of potential. It really brings together the fact that shirou is a weakling. His fighting style is the weak beating the strong.

And the most important part is he is still badass, despite being weak.

I don't know if you have read gabriel blessing's in flight, i think, but there is a line that is awesome. Basically, in story shirou is saying how archer's noble phantasm stash is bigger than gilgamesh. Because archer has been to unimaginable battlefields across all time and space, and seen ridiculous swords. Can't wait to see that in this story.

Also in regards to the evil piece system. You have it wrong. There is no minimum amount of pieces, there is only a maximum. For instance, ise could have easily been reincarnated with only one pawn piece. Beacuse his maximum is 8 pawns or higher. Basically anything can be reincarneted with one pawn piece. Except gods or buddha, who the system is intrinsically unable to alter. Like say there is an oc who has a max 'potential' equvialent of 6 pawn pieces. Rias, or any other high devil, could choose between 1 pawn poece or 6 pawn pieces, or 4.

Whenever rias is lamenating why shirou has such low potential for all his strength, i can see it. Like she is qondering why his max pawn pieces is one. However, anybody on the outside should be wondering why rias reimcarneted him with only one.

Also at the beginning where archer is mentioning prana circuits. I feel i should mention that archer hasn't had prana circuits since he was alive. As a heroic spirit counter guardian alaya has, i think, filled him with strength. Because if heroic spirit's had ciruits, why would they need masters in the holy grail war?

Just telling you in case you didn't know, heroic spirits can possess and somtimes appear as natural disasters or phenomenon
mafia king chapter 11 . 6/27
hmm in regards to your rant i think ur a bit wrong there yes shirou's ranking is pretty low but it's also been stated as a combat specialist he ranks much higher not to mention his major weak points are a lack of magical energy to to his circuits atrophying and a degradation of his swords due to Gaia both of which are problems that can't be overcome in the fate verse but are solved to a degree with his current circumstances with Gaia having considerably less influence in the dxd world and as a devil he can train to increase his demonic power, now take in the fact his magic basically lets him arm himself with the best weapon for the job (he was a counter guardian for X amount of years and he has faced Gilgamesh ) or break them and turn them into nukes the add the fact with the restrictions on magics the are in the fate verse no longer applying [Sword] is suddenly looking a hella good to me.

so in conclusion maybe not god level but put against the non top ten members and i would give at least a decent (30%ish) chance of victory as long as he in in top condition
... Shirou's ranking in nasuverse is very low, but you forget he no longer is in the Nasuverse... and he is no longer a human magus, but a devil. Shirou's ranking is low due to the poor quality of his circuits that made him, even if he could potentially have a weapon to kill whoever is in front of him, he doesn't have the prana needed to trace it or activate. Because he couldn't use that power, he didn't have any other option than wising himself up and raise his skill. Now, him as a Counter Guardian he had LOTS of time to improve that skill and right now he still has the mentality of Archer or Magus!Shirou.

Now, you must remember that Shirou is no longer a magus, but a devil whose magic is based on his imagination. He is using his imagination in order to use the devil's type of magic just like he knows his magecraft works. He knows how UBW works, tracing, reinforcement works and he is using his devil magic the same way.

Now, the main different is that a Magus can't increase the amount of prana his circuits can handle. Training to make it more efficient? yeah. Increasing the number of circuits? Naturally no. A devils instead can increase the amount of magic they have available by training and/or contracts.

And Shirou's potential, you are right, it is low in most circunstances. Even UBW potential by itself is low. I mean, it can record weapons and it is Shirou's tracing that recreate them. In most circunstances, he won't find any powerful weapon to record and use. But he got thrown into the HGW and then as a CG he become essentially Alaya's attack dog. Slowly UBW got filled with countless of powerful weapons, most of them, he wouldn't have been able to use. Now he is a devil, if he has enough time, he could potentially be able to use any of them.
Lazy maker chapter 11 . 6/22
Great chapter liked the way that the battle turned out, is there going to be any other fate characters or just Emiya.