Reviews for A Second Chance
The Rupture chapter 11 . 4/28
Did you qui this one it would be great if you continue writing or have it adopted.
Rendfire chapter 11 . 4/24
To start off withI completely agree with you about Archer/Shirou being made into Gary Stu more often than not in fanfics. On that note, while I can see where the argument would be based for how the stored away Noble Phantasms would give him a power boast, in the end it'd be similar to using top tier equipment in an MMORPG. That is, it'll allow you to take on stronger enemies than what your level allows, more so when combined with good use of tactics, but you are still gonna get fucked over when something too far out of your level range comes along. Especially in Archer's case as he is already at his level cap so to speak. Whatever arguments you get over his "proper" power ranking, full credit to you for acknowledging and making use of the fact that Archer's threat level stems from less of his raw power/weapons themselves and more from his use of tactics/sheer adaptability.I also really appreciate how you protray the abilities of characters (obvious examples from this ch. being alternative uses of "the power of destruction/extreme magical control" Rias inherited, the latter of which is overlooked FAR too often in both canon and fandom alike, as well as expanding on Riser's "Phoenix flames" which is another thing often overlooked in favor of focusing on his "immortalityas how'd they would actually be like to go up against them compared to how canon basically nerfs everything/everyone when it becomes convenient for plot characterisation: I liked how you've had Issei mature a bit with having Archer be a sort of big brother/mentor figure to him yet still retain his perversion. While he was more than just a perverted teenager as he showed several times, that is still a major part of how his character is in just about any non-serious situation so while it can't be gotten rid of entirely, I do appreciate how its been toned down. As my English teacher was fond of telling us, no matter how good it is, no writing is perfect and thus I feel obligated to find criticism to point outwhile this is a bit overdone complaint, a single pawn? while I get it as fitting for his potential level but when taking into account of Akeno's history with him and at least somewhat of an idea of his skills, it'd seem like a bishop or knight would've been picked All in all, this a great fic and hope its continued
juan70manuel chapter 9 . 4/16
en serio por que no pusiste a archer y tabien a rias en su aren enbes de issei siempre lo mismo con ese shabo ose what
CorEagle p chapter 11 . 3/18
Hello, nice fic, pls update asap
Dipsyy chapter 6 . 3/17
dam
Dipsyy chapter 4 . 3/16
damm
Diaspared chapter 11 . 3/10
Shirou Emiya's potential is pathetic, true. That's because his own capabilities can't really be increased that much. He's also got goddamn Excalibur stored in his mind, alongside countless other weapons with all kinds of ridiculous versatility and power.

That's why people say you're underpowering him: his own growth potential doesn't matter when he's got artificial potential, through his weapons, equivalent to the strongest beings on the planet.

The story is fine; I'm less of a fan of your approach to criticism. There's "I want to write a story my way, shove off" and then there's professing some exclusive objectivity in your writing. The first is valid. The second is delusional. Everyone makes assumptions and changes canon in some way, and it's always better to consider what will make a better story than what sticks closest to canon.

I'll let you in on a dirty secret: canon only matters in fanfiction insofar as it grants familiarity with the world to the reader. A story isn't intrinsically better with greater adherence to the original work, and indeed, it's often a sign of lacking creativity more than good writing.

I really hope you don't take this criticism/advice the wrong way, but regardless, I've said my piece, and it's up to you to consider it or ignore it.
ImpossiblePossibilty chapter 11 . 2/3
Archer only using 1 pawn to ressurect because he has no potential I agree the guy hads no potential for growth but in term of strength him being as weak as u claim in the author comment no. like some other authors doing Nasuverse and DxD crossover u fail to properly Judge the differences in power more specifically you underestimated the Nasuverse because of specified stats and properbly didnt pay attention to the feats shown or didn't read the VN and overwanked DxD because u assume every hyperbole in the series is true despite the actual feats shown directly contradicting those hyperboles.

In the Nasuverse Archer may be a low tier Hero but in the DxD verse he around ultimate class if not Maou

If u want to know where I got the statistic for the 2 verses just go to VS battle wiki they break down feats done in various media's and put specific stats on them to help people understand properly how strong characters really are and have pages for both DxD and Nasuverse.
saashi samy chapter 11 . 1/31
Is the Best crossover ever

Fantastic story

I really love this

And I love the New Archer
JaredDrake chapter 11 . 1/26
You write well and the story is engaging. However, your attitude when it comes to dealing with criticism could use some work.

Kinda makes me happy that you've stopped updating.

Also, being able to re-create noble phantasms isn't exactly 'weak'. All he really needs is a good power source... something that people in the DxD universe could solve for him.
The Impossible Muffin chapter 11 . 1/21
I have to agree with your A/N. Archer isn't overpowered unless he's using UBW (or is in his counter guardian form, but anyone would be overpowered with the will of humanity backing them). However, he is still centuries old mind wise; even if he didn't use tactics, he could still beat them simply by reinforcing to the limit. Aside from that, I have been enjoying the story and I hope you update sometime in the near future.