Reviews for Visions of Sugarplums Danced in Their Heads
tigerlily124 chapter 16 . 2/18
I really enjoyed this! Thank you for another story on my favorites list.
PhantomBowtie chapter 16 . 1/31
So, this story kept jerking my emotions around like mad-one moment, I'd be laughing at something happening or so happy about it-then remember that they were *dead*, and it was all not real and I'd *cry*, and I'm still crying now because auuuugggggghhhhhhhhh...

A real masterpiece!
CleoViolet chapter 15 . 1/16
Omg love love love! I adored this story! It was amazing! I couldn't put it down! Please please please do a epilogue. Please?

Love it. I really did thank you for a great story!
Jess22 chapter 9 . 1/13
This is where I stop reading. The first quarter of the story was okay, though the dialogue between the children and adults was odd, especially all of the 'loves' and 'sweeties' every other sentence. I would describe it as 'idealistically fake.' like some corny old sitcom from the 50's where everything is so perfect that it's fake.

The second third seemed to pointlessly drag on-forever. There's no plot to hold the reader's intrest. It's just a rehash of some fake memories. Every story needs a goal for the characters to work for.

Lastly, I don't like Pauline. I'm not a fan of OC's in general, but she seems extra annoying. You know, the 'idealisticly fake' Mary Sue type...
Jess22 chapter 7 . 1/12
Is the story going to continue, or is it going to be stuck in this fake past thing?
Jess22 chapter 6 . 1/12
WTF? I thought the fake dream was over.
Jess22 chapter 2 . 1/12
Um... Is it a British thing for adult men to call their teenaged sons 'love' and 'sweetheart' in every other sentence? It sounds a little weird to me. Even a mother saying it to anybody but an infant or her adult lover is a bit odd.
Mycreativeoutlet chapter 16 . 1/10
What a unique take! I really enjoyed. Thank you. Off to read the sequel now...
Eholiday chapter 15 . 1/8
I really enjoyed this story. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Marthelia Sparks chapter 16 . 12/31/2014
What a great story! And there 's a sequel too! You made my day! Thanks for sharing and please continue, it's a pleasure to read it!
ImUpToNoGood chapter 16 . 12/29/2014
This was beautifully done. The slow transformation Severus experiences is so very realistic, and so very in character. I love the tidbits you allowed him to keep, or give him th chance to build again.

The writing was good, although a beta reader might catch the occasional word choice issues and sentence fragments (where it seemed you just forgot to add the final few words). In all, I was so enthralled by the story that the word choice problems were just occasional distractions, but i'd love to be able to read it without them!

Looking forward to the sequel... Hoping there is just as much of it as there was if this story. It will be great seeing real Snape grow into the life he could have had.

Thanks!

K
Guest chapter 16 . 12/28/2014
I love your story so much! I am extremely happy about the sequel!
Crazy 109 chapter 15 . 12/27/2014
Heh-I get a strong feeling that Albus had a little extra venom handy for Sirius, before letting him near Harry and Severus! I wonder how his Dreamland turned out...
Magical Malady chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
I absolutely loved this. I was hesitant at first because I generally dislike Snape, but in this, you made him such a real character. I teared up at some parts, and maybe it was a mistake to read it at three in the morning, but this was great.
SubRosa7 chapter 16 . 12/26/2014
I'm so excited to see that you are writing a sequel! I think you did an amazing job with this story, both with Harry's perspective on his imperfect but wonderful alternate world family, but most especially with the story of how the relationship between Severus and the Potters changed in that AU. The changes in Severus were very well written, and after having read the first chapter of your new story, I look forward to seeing where they go! I'd love to see Severus have another chance to take care of Harry!