Reviews for The Ballad of Squigly
Ramiro Neme chapter 23 . 8/18
I loved your final lock that you put TBOQ hopefully you can see this to know me better in steam love your stories and hopefully we meet again

/profiles/76561198133067701/

Continue with your "Masterpieces "

Goodbye , Ramiro Neme
Ramiro Neme chapter 17 . 8/18
I always liked your story ... I did a tear still so you're talented guy : 3
Me chapter 1 . 6/13
Ive read the whole thing, just coming back to review.
In general, I loved the story. It was fairly well written, intreguing, funny, especially with Samson's lines, and the characters were well portrayed. I only found a few problems here and there. The action scenes were really tedious and unfun. I'm not one for action scenes in books, but ive felt the need to skip over them before. I also found the ending to be a bit nonsensical. I think the Skullheart would have said that Squigly's wish was impure. It did the same thing to Filia in her story mode, and I think it would have pulled the same sort of thing here rsther than destroy or seperate the Trinity from the world. Besides those few hiccups, the fic is an engaging read.
This was amazing! Probably the best Skullgirls fic yet, made even better in that it stars my favorite character. I’m tempted to go through every chapter and review what I liked about it. I’ll save that for another time, but know that there aren’t enough praises for this work. I’m eagerly looking awaiting whatever you’ll write next! Especially reading your premise for the sequel – would Eliza show up? I can imagine her stepping up now that the Trinity is gone, maybe pitting herself against the ASG, Painwheel, and Squigly and Filia…and the sheer chaos that would ensue. In any case, I look forward to whatever happens.
Angelucie chapter 1 . 2/11
This story was a wonderdul read! I love it!
Power Taco chapter 22 . 10/9/2014
Oh man. It's all come to this. So first off sorry about not reviewing more recently. It turns out that getting a chest cold that turns into pneumonia, and then into bronchitis keeps you from doing much other than praying for death. Who knew right?

Anyway you have no idea the stupid grind on my face when I got the skullgirl right. It was miles long, and probably would have disturbed anyone who had seen it. The final battle was pretty much as expected with the exception of Parasouls troops showing up to assist. I also see you chose an interesting method to get rid of the heart, and took it one step further than I suggested so you know. Well played there.

You know what make's Squigly's "death" scene in the park sad? That she's gone through so much, and given up almost everything she cared for, her family taken from her, her life, her singing career, and everything but Levi, and yet when she comes back she selflessly does her best to ensure it harms no one else. It's not even really revenge at that point. So when she gets to the park to sacrifice her life a 2nd time for the same thing...well it's touching. That, and my playlist had the original Dead Island trailer song playing at the time. Mediocre game, but great trailer.

A few side questions. When Squigly first died she was rather young 13, or so if I remember right, but now that she's been restored is she still her young teenage self, or is she more Filia's age of 26? I ask because it would be sort of awkward in the case of the former, and I'm curious how to imagine her at present. Still it is nice to see she got her life back. My other question is have her abilities been affected much, or at all? I know she gets a great deal of strength from Levi, but I'm unsure of what she might lose now that she's no longer undead. I mean I assume she's not quite as durable, but are there any skills no longer in her reach, or is she mostly unaffected?

I liked the "these things have a habit of working themselves out line". I really, really do. It's a subtle poke not to worry about things to much at both the reader, and characters. It is nice to see how everyone else is doing, and how she's affected their lives though.

Another side point. Parasites, and their hosts seem very...polarizing in this world. I'm not sure why as it's never explained in detail that I can remember. Some people just shrug it off, and go on doing w/e, and others are near violent at seeing them. It's a little weird, and I assume part of the reason Levi was thinking about not joining back together with her in order to avoid dragging her down with him as it were.

I see a possible sequel! Is that a letter from Brain Drain? Or I guess it could be Valentine. Actually it's not nearly condescending enough to be Brain Drain now that I think about it. I'm literally almost vibrating in my seat at the thought of a sequel. It's probably embarrassing, but you know.

Anyway thanks for writing this masterpiece, and I look forward to anything else you might write. It's truly a delight to read!
KingChaotixX7 chapter 23 . 9/1/2014
Personally, I thought that the story was great overall. Keep up the good work!
Lazruth chapter 23 . 8/21/2014
A damn good story, one I'm glad I took a chance on. I do have a question though. When Squigly came back to life, was she still in her 14 year-old appearance, or did she get aged up?
zodiac38352 chapter 23 . 8/17/2014
As a suggestion for a title "The Requiem of Painwheel"? I know a requiem is not the perfect fit musically, but something like it to link the musical style for this first chapter, sort of a running title theme.
Shurikenknight chapter 23 . 8/16/2014
Awesome ending to an awesome story looking forward to the sequel keep up the good work this story also got me into skullgirls to begin so thank you man -ShurikenKnight
UnoriginalPrankster chapter 23 . 8/13/2014
Hmmm...an unexpected turn of events for the end, but I'm not complaining. Well done.
lightningflash51 chapter 22 . 8/13/2014
such happy ending to an otherwise dismal and depressing story considering that none of the characters in the game itself had gotten a happy ending at all
RedwinGardner chapter 23 . 8/11/2014
Hello, It's your fellow Jolly Roger Guy again!

I'm glad I followed this story until the end, you did not disappoint me. After finishing it, I'm pretty sure this is by far the best Skullgirls fic I saw on this site. I'm too hoping to see new works being made in this universe, which is much richer than even the game has shown until now - including the sequence of this Ballad.

And Birdland Music Theater, huh? Oh, you sly you!

Anyways, congratulations. I enjoyed every bit of it. I hope you do not take too long to return. I want to see more pieces like this in the near future! I'm working on something else here myself (finally, but it will take some time. You know, college and stuff...).

Até a próxima, meu chapa! (Until next time, buddy!)
J2m0ftw chapter 22 . 8/8/2014
Ma gowd You litsin to me about carol damn thats a first any hoo you look like you know what your doing so yeah and also iz the sender perhaps lab 8's doc cuz if it is you are a very clever...mmmmaaaannn?
Present Evidence chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
The formatting is very nice. It allows for good flow and pace. Considering that I've never played this game, this actually has a really nice hook to it. I'm interested in the next chapter...

Considering that they're not your characters I can't critique them.

Your diction is different that's for sure. It's somewhat refreshing... It gives off almost a mythical, medieval vibe which is well carried out. I'd say there's a little too much dialog for the opening though. Perhaps more descriptors of other sensory details? Overall it's decent and I'll be reviewing the next chapter soon.

Regards,