Reviews for New Season's Reality
James Axelrad chapter 5 . 5/3/2009
cryin shame. i was a very happy person for the cuple of moments needed to load this up.

hope its a SEMI retirement, but if it happens, it happens.

if possible, please update your fics again if an adoption goes through.
slimjim27 chapter 4 . 6/2/2006
as i was going through some of the older eva stories on the list. i found this one! it's quite interesting! it's a great story, why not update it!
NateGold chapter 4 . 11/13/2004
I'm enjoying this. The story piqued my interest enough to find out more about Princess 9, and after watching episode 24 was pleasantly surprised! Although I am curious about Izumi's interest in Shinji...seemed a bit contrived, especially since she knows next to nothing about him. Aside from the romance angle, am very curious to see how Shinji and Kowaru get along not only with their counterparts on the boys team, but expanding their horizons and interests in directions previously not possible. Update soonest!
thubar2000 chapter 2 . 6/21/2004
That was a long chapter. That was a mammoth effort. However, the ideas that you try to tackle:

1) Shinji and Rei coming to terms with their feelings about Ikari Gendou post Third Impact

2) S/R dealing with a family

may each be a full fic on their own. There are a lot of excellent ideas and scenes here, but they may have been more effective spread out and developed along the way.

Chapt 2 has a definitive open: SR land in alt world and an end. They have a family which accepts them and they are on their way to Kisaragi high. The chapter attempts to neatly tie together many of the ambiguous feelings that plague NGE and start the characters with some sense of normalcy and hope.

It might have been better to weave these elements throughout the story in pieces and have the childrens' doubt follow them. That would give some time for the reader to settle into the characters' feelings and give more poignancy to some scenes, like Yui looking in on her children after chapters of developing her own doubts and then caring for them

The idea of the lost brother was great. Yui would've accepted her neice and nephew in laws instead of leaving them to the state. That was enough for SR to get in the door and let the rest of the story develop from there at a more relaxed pace.

(Then it might have been interesting to see Yui take a DNA sample of Rei's and matching it to her own.)

I realize that this fic is probably a dead letter and there is no right or wrong structure, but I thought that it might be interesting for you to see an alternate structure to your own work.
thubar2000 chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
I liked the opening. The conversation within the third impact worked well. The surprise of the characters landing in the alternate world is a nice touch.
Kempodragon chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Not too bad. I'm only vaguely familiar with the EVA universe, but so long as you stick to Princess Nine and flesh out the necessary background for the characters, the story should do alright. If you're trying to setup a new love for Izumi, be certain that you state WHY Izumi is attracted to Shinji and he to her. Don't forget, Izumi is a clear minded person, not given to falling for a boy for no reason. She thought she was in love with Hiroki, but learned that the love she wanted was never there. Therefore, she will be VERY careful about giving her heart to someone until she is certain that person will accept it.
Dark Machine chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
this is very god. pleaassee continue it. do it for osama and saddam and all the other terror guys who we will find and sqaush by dropping a gigantic cup of tea and a biscuit on them.

hmm...death by tea (writes in little black book of world domination)..now should it be a digestive biscuit or a cookie or even a chocolate cake?

anyway pleasse continue this it is too good to waste (an i need more sugar)come on you know you want to!

SUCCESS

Genius-Insanity

Dark Machine
Ezstarius chapter 4 . 7/23/2003
I really like this story so far. Though I haven't seen the other anime series you have crossed over with the way you portray the characters makes it easy enough to gauge their personalities.

And having Asuka and Kaoru (don't know the correct spelling for his name, but that's how they spell it on the back of the DVD...) as siblings? Didn't see that coming, but you've done well with making it believable.

Keep up the good work and rest assured, I'll be waiting for your next chapter.
Foxboy chapter 4 . 6/27/2003
Okay . . . a little rushed. . . other than that, ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATED! :D (b'.')r

Some spellings:

Dummkopf, Schweinhund, Kaworu
kittygirlj18 chapter 3 . 3/12/2003
Please Continue! ! ! !
Foxboy chapter 3 . 11/10/2002
Well, I figured a little reciprocity was in order.

Thanks for reviewing my fic! !_!

Now, to the matter at hand. This looks like a fun little romp, and it will be interesting to see if you can pull it off. It's still too early to tell how this will turn out, but I will keep checking the "P9" category here to follow it. Tschuss!
Moogle chapter 3 . 10/25/2002
EVA and Princess Nine? Well, the oddity of that crossover is what drew me here (that and the fact that I'm making it a point to read every fanfic in this section.) The actual crossover element does seem a bit contrived, but I don't like holding that against a fic because I don't read crossovers to see how believable the actual crossover part is - it's for character interaction, etc. etc. So I'm not really going to touch on Shinji and Rei being related, or Asuka and Kaworu, or any of the EVA-related stuff that is tied in.

It couldn't hurt if you double-checked many of the spellings for the Princess Nine characters - Izumi and Keiko Himuro being two of the more noticeable ones, although I did see several more. If you don't want to fish through the DVDs to see the proper spellings, the official ADV site for the show has a lot: .

Also, sometimes it gets really confusing because you'll have two or more people speaking within the same paragraph. New person speaking new paragraph, this makes it easier both on the eyes and on the mind, because it's hard to keep track of who is talking if you keep changing within the same paragraph.

It was kind of hard to notice other things with these sorts of things glaring out at me. But it seems like this has the potential to be a very interesting story, so I'll leave further comments after future installments. :) Please try to fix some of this stuff in the meantime; it will make the story that much better already.
Shyni chapter 3 . 10/23/2002
Nice story, but a few details are incorrect (if you don't mind me beig picky ;-p). Isumi is spelled "Izumi", and Hirohiko is spelled "Hidehiko"! Other than that, your story is pretty cool...continue so that I can see what happens next!
oneechan25 chapter 3 . 10/21/2002
Well..this IS interesting...*laughs*...out of all the anime's to do a crossover with EVA, Princess 9 was probably on the bottom of my list ..and mind you...pairing something like EVA with a shojo series, is in itself a daunting task..(not to mention writing in character)...so, I applaud your efforts...*Onee starts clapping*...this was *very* well written...*grinz*...please continue..I want to see where you are going with this fic...

Oneechan25 _.