Reviews for Hinge of Fate
darkejedi chapter 4 . 10/25/2002
oh, another one to add to my 'check regularly for updates' list! I wasn't sure, at the start, because it's not the first time the basic plot premise has been tried, but I like this character-driven, unfluffy approach to it. Good characterisations and a nice balance between description and dialogue. Looking forward to the next installment. :)
Jinni chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Absolutely wonderful so far. Please update soon :)

Ginny Riddle chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
I like how you wrote Hermione's thoughts on her pregnancy. I'm glad you made her think things through and be aware of the difficulties her pregnancy will bring. It made her sound more mature and sensible, just like canon-Hermione.

I don't think that Hermione was rude to Snape, though. Considering the fact that Snape's the father of her baby, I think Hermione has earned the right to talk to Snape as an equal, instead of the previous teacher/student role. Besides, Snape had been rude to Hermione as well. (Plus, I think Sev needs a good insult every now and then to keep his snarkiness up. _~)
Jessica Acosta chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
oh. my. god.

it's OVER! you have to write more... please? for my sake? hm.

you're very a interesting and witty writer, i love your stuff! your depiction of snape and hermione are perfect as the other characters just fall in line with your storytelling. good job!

i do have a bit of suggestion: make sure you look it over a bit and spell-check. i noticed that you had 'pomphrey' instead of 'pomfrey' and other things like that. just an observation.
Quillusion chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Yet _another_ great chapter! Poor Severus sounds rather badly off, which of course only makes him more alluring; your proposed cure is just as fascinating. I adored your comparison of Snape to balsamic vinegar; I also love the way Hermione knows whose work space she's seeing. And while I'm at it, I also loved Snape's matter-of-fact compliment to Hermione; how like him to offer a compliment in the form of a flat, bald statement! No emotion here. :-)

I am truly enjoying this story- it's well written, well thought out, and fascinating! Keep up the good work! You've now got me checking daily for updates...

Amanda chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Left alone to let romance brew along with potions, hmmm... Can't wait for next chapter!
English Toffee chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Loved the new chapter! Interesting idea to have Snape as the sick one. By the way, it's Sirius Black not Serius in chp 4-but that could have been a typo.

Keep writing! Great job!
Karello chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
I've been following this story and I'm interested as to how it's going to turn out. If Hermione is indeed going to go ahead with the pregnancy, I would be very interested as to Snape's involvement.

I like your characterisations. You've chosen a different one for Madame Pomfrey, which I wouldn't have picked myself, but works.

All HG/SS stories tend to borrow to some extent, but I'm optimistic as to how original this one will turn out. Big thumbs up so far.

Chapter 4 specific notes: Not to be pedantic or anything, but your French is wrong. You wrote "Couer d'Vie" Elixer - I'm assuming you meant heart of life? That would be "Cœur de la vie".

Ciao x
angel chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
ooooooooo. keep em comin. i really love ur story. i'll check in later for more chaps. bye
Kaira1 chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Mmmmmmm...We like this very much! Keep writing, this is truly great, and we are eagerly awaiting the nxt chapter!

Enfleurage chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
At first I thought it was too obvious a setup - Snape recovering because he was going to be a father - but now I sense that it is going to be more subtle than that. As in Kaz's FFI, Snape having his snark back is a key indicator of his health.

Nicely written and I admire how you feed just enough information to the reader to keep us curious but never info dump.

It's an intriguing story and I've added it to my bookmarked SS stories. Good job.
Hermia chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Cool I'm loving it! But what is Snapes reaction to his posibility of becoming a father and how is he gonna cope? Is this gonna be an entirely Hermione centered pov piece cause we haven't had Snapes yet.
Nickey chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Great chapter! Keep up the good work!
LV02 chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
please, please, please update soon i really like your story it's great so again, please update soon!
Serpentina chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
I can hardly await tomorrow evening to read another of your fabulous chapters. Great work!
2,422 | « Prev Page 1 .. 148 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 .. Last Next »