Reviews for Pomegranate Seeds
I like it :)
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Really lovely story. :D
Torchwood fighter chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
beautiful, this is very well thought out
lovecrumbs chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
This is lovely. :]
almostinsane chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Great story, but Adam and Eve didn't sneak out of the garden, God banished them and told them their punishments.
AndrewB chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
I confess not to knowing much about poetry, so all I can really say here is that I enjoyed reading this. Certainly it convinces as the thoughts of a real human being rather than some intangible concept.
Invader Nina chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
Wow...That was incredible. I really liked it.
Artanis chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
I have printed this out and read it in class in order to find words I can use to review this beautiful piece. Still dont know what to say.

You know I always love your Biblical piece, because you always look from unusual POV. This piece is very romantic. Not romantic such as in romance novel, but romantic like in Romantic age? Sorry, I am terrible at finding proper words. ( but I promise myself no more dumb review. :P).

The emotions are so simple, yet touching. "When she cried that night her tears on my face tasted like rain." I like this sentence. I also like they dont continue blame each other, unline people's speculation about the breach that happened in their relationship after the Fall.

Just curious: is that the first rainfall? do you mean there was no rain before the Fall?
Celandine Brandybuck chapter 1 . 10/21/2002
Just to say, thank heaven for someone to realize that apples didn't, don't, much grow in that part of the world...

Not a big poetry person, here, but I like the images of this.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 10/21/2002
Very nice. You do a wonderful job of evoking the scene with minimal wording. The eating of the pomegranate seeds from Eve's hands was very sensual. It also reminded me of Persephone eating the seeds in Hades' underworld. In her case, I know she only ate 6 seeds and so she had to stay in the Underworld for 6 months. Your choice of pomegranate seeds in particular made me wonder if you were representing the Fall as somehow incomplete, like how artists would sometimes use an orange for the Forbidden Fruit to symbolize the fact that Adam choked on the orange's peel and spat the thing back out. After all, Adam says that he never wanted to be a god. I confess to being bad at commenting on poetry, but I did want to ineptly express that I liked this poem. :)