Reviews for Somebody to Die For
MangoSunbeams chapter 11 . 6/25/2018
I am hopelessly romantic and fluffy, so I was really hoping that with time Clara and 11 could become partners again, but this was probably more realistic. I really enjoyed this; it was well written and there aren't enough 10/Clara fics out there. Thank you!
DarkBalance chapter 11 . 4/28/2018
This is not necessarily my favorite Doctor Who fic, and Clara seems extremely out of character to me, but it was definitely worth reading. There are so few 10/Clara stories here, so few completed, well-written stories... Thank you for sharing this with us! I even appreciate the ending with Eleven and Clara, it's realistic and makes sense! Although, I was so sad for Ten, my poor baby.
MySoapBox chapter 11 . 8/15/2015
This was really lovely. Thanks.
Heather Snow chapter 11 . 7/13/2015
It was an interesting idea for one of the earlier Doctors to fall for a splinter Clara. I'm not ecstatic with the ending, because I don't like angsty endings (to each their own). I hope for a sequel where the Eleventh Doctor decides to let her back in.
Mayflowers123 chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
Has it occurred to anyone else that Lara is Clara without a C.
Anarra chapter 11 . 3/31/2015
OMG this was such a sad ending. Sequel? great job on this story.
EnsignAbby chapter 11 . 3/30/2015
Bravo! I enjoyed the entire thing. Thanks so much for writing!
margie-me chapter 11 . 3/23/2015
A slightly melancholy ending, but fitting. Not many of the Doctor's stories end happily, as any companion or fan could tell you! Nice finale!
margie-me chapter 10 . 3/23/2015
My goodness! It never gets any easier seeing Clara's liveliness, and knowing that she must die again and again, to save the Doctor - many thousands of times, thousands of lives. I wonder if there's a Clara, somewhere, somewhen, who won't have to sacrifice herself - to live a complete, full life. (Apparently, Twelve's Clara might, because he sees her as an elderly lady at the end of her life.) Then, Moffatt might make that untrue as well, hey?
margie-me chapter 9 . 3/23/2015
Except for a few mistakes in wording here and there, you've really built up an exciting, engaging plot. I just knew the GI would show itself at some point. I wonder if it is jealous of the Doctor's exploits? If it were so great, it ought to concider doing something worthy of greatness for a change!
margie-me chapter 8 . 3/23/2015
A wow chapter, definitely! And I had it wrong about the Great Intellegence. How many times have any of us wished we could go back in time and fix our mistakes? Is his love a mistake, though? Things are dire indeed when the TARDIS alarm sounds. I remember the first time it happened with Four and the Master. Brrr!
margie-me chapter 7 . 3/23/2015
Aw, Simeon's just so dead jealous that nobody could ever want him that way! Ha!
margie-me chapter 6 . 3/23/2015
Yikes! Does he have to stop himself from taking Clara dancing? How no fun at all is that? And, risking a paradox, too. Nothing's ever simple and easy for the Doctor, is it?
margie-me chapter 5 . 3/23/2015
Waking from a nightmare in terror is just short of experiencing the real thing. Poor Clara, and curse The Great Intellegence. If TGI was so great, it'd appreciate the Doctor instead of trying to defeat him! Nearly halfway through, and eager to read on.
margie-me chapter 4 . 3/20/2015
Timey-wimey and humany-wumany, all wrapped up in the mystery of Clara Oswin Oswald! Great storytelling and plot development, not to mention stunningly beautiful background descriptions. One thing I noticed, though, is that even when there is a naturally bright full moon without modern lighting added in, colors are only seen as various greys, actually. You could have written: Moonlight filtered through the dark canopy of leaves. Just a little point which doesn't detract from a tale whichs keeps a reader wishing to stay glued to the page and eager for more. Kudos!